facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 27, 2013, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

man your logic are book verbatim. it doesnt apply much to real world however. KO has great fu dementals, so does xom.... does that mean they are good buy? they are safe buy but they will probablu underperform the overall market.

gaming cycyles are not temporary bro.. its a 3 to 4 year cycle or some **** like that.. i dont have time to read it...timing is everything

i dont think there are a lot of potential for either of those two stocks. they will not triple next two years... either u find a stock that has potential to triple...like early aapl...

profitting in market needs a lot of luck and a little bit of good judgement...... i try to keep away from advising hence.... cuz i dnt know the future....

but if u starting a job and ask me abt retirement plan, i can tell u exactly what to do. hard to give good advice on 1000 british pound..

Old March 28, 2013, 03:32 AM
Banned

if those cycles are 3-4 years long, then why does timing matter? you have 3-4 years for ur trade to be right, so if time is on ur side, u can trade anytime. swing trader supposedly like urself shudnt be trying to time the market. if you have a view of something, build your positions over time- in effect 'time the market' on a longer time frame, as opposed to today or tomorrow or next week..

and its funny because applying your so called 'book verbatim' is what allowed the hedge fund i work for to make returns greater than just investing in the sp 500. I know what real world is my friend, and with your level of trading knowledge and strategy, you shouldn't be giving advice rather than staying away.
Old March 28, 2013, 10:53 AM
Banned

Seems like I am No.1 in Boss Trader ranking. ( Feels nice to take risk with fake money)
Old March 28, 2013, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms01
Seems like I am No.1 in Boss Trader ranking. ( Feels nice to take risk with fake money)
Haha good work ms01. Long way to go :p
Old March 29, 2013, 01:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
man your logic are book verbatim. it doesnt apply much to real world however. KO has great fu dementals, so does xom.... does that mean they are good buy? they are safe buy but they will probablu underperform the overall market.

gaming cycyles are not temporary bro.. its a 3 to 4 year cycle or some **** like that.. i dont have time to read it...timing is everything

i dont think there are a lot of potential for either of those two stocks. they will not triple next two years... either u find a stock that has potential to triple...like early aapl...

profitting in market needs a lot of luck and a little bit of good judgement...... i try to keep away from advising hence.... cuz i dnt know the future....

but if u starting a job and ask me abt retirement plan, i can tell u exactly what to do. hard to give good advice on 1000 british pound..
I feel too stupid and got scared during 2009 and put the ira in mm...i wish i switched to large gaps mf...not sure if it is too late...you guys seem to monitor the market day to day basis but for me I am tired of the ups and downs ..uncertanities..as I am an average joe...wish I am like those sophisticated traders or investors who uses sophisticated technology to pace with the market...i guess iDumb you probably one of them...should I sale the mm and buy mf?
Old April 4, 2013, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
I feel too stupid and got scared during 2009 and put the ira in mm...i wish i switched to large gaps mf...not sure if it is too late...you guys seem to monitor the market day to day basis but for me I am tired of the ups and downs ..uncertanities..as I am an average joe...wish I am like those sophisticated traders or investors who uses sophisticated technology to pace with the market...i guess iDumb you probably one of them...should I sale the mm and buy mf?
lol is this your brother iDumb? Please enlighten us with a few of your sophisticated technologies.
Old April 4, 2013, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshprem
lol is this your brother iDumb? Please enlighten us with a few of your sophisticated technologies.
are you talking to me? I don't see any post of mine above addressing you after your post. Learn to mind your own business. or do you seek some sort of validation of your work from me? Cuz you aint getting that.
Old April 4, 2013, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
are you talking to me? I don't see any post of mine above addressing you after your post. Learn to mind your own business. or do you seek some sort of validation of your work from me? Cuz you aint getting that.
what's your problem dude, calm down.
Old April 4, 2013, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I see merit in both investment and trading strategies. Key points to trading are understanding client's tolerance levels for risk, having a sound strategy and being very disciplined in sticking with the strategy.

If you don't want to take much risk and are okay with a more than decent 10-20 percent annualized return, it's best to invest in strong, fundamentally sound stocks. As risk tolerance grows, client's portfolio becomes more diversified with both non risky and risky stocks.

Since I can't spend much time analyzing stocks these days, my risk tolerance has become low and I allocate only about 10% in risky stocks. If you are very careful and know what you're doing, I think you can make money trading stocks, but you have to be very very disciplined--which is not something everybody can do. Once or twice a year for a week or so I get the itch to trade when I detect a good opportunity, and end up day trading/pattern trading with my risky allocation. So far I've had a pretty decent record of beating my own expectations.

A trading strategy could be based on an event such as quarterly earnings. If the market expects an earnings beat, the stock will likely go up for weeks until the day of the event itself. (i.e., aapl for the last 5 years until couple of quarters ago)

Another strategy is to trade in anticipation of some catalyst unique to a particular industry. Take biotech stocks. March/April and Sept/Oct seem to be months when a good number of companies publish their key findings at large biotech conferences. So many of these stocks tend to rise for a few weeks right before the conventions in anticipation of the results. Once results are published, stocks will either pop or sell off depending on the actual results, but if you liquidate your position right before the results are out, chances are you'll be in the money.

These strategies aren't always guaranteed to work, but if you're disciplined enough and willing to leave some profits on the table, you'll win more often than you'll lose. That's why it's so important to understand how much one is willing to risk/can afford to lose, have a solid strategy and be very disciplined.
Old May 17, 2013, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

212% gains on my shares of V at the moment... If I sell all of my shares of V right now, then even if all my other stocks go down to 0 (although, most of the others are also in the green), I will have made a net profit in the market overall! Getting into the market after 2008 crash has paid off well...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...LEFTTopStories

I've been holding onto a good chunk of cheap Freddie and Fannie shares for ages now... only about 5% in the green at the moment, though.
Old May 17, 2013, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

and this banned guy, who apparently has a job at a hedge fund company, was getting personal with me because i didnt care much for his wrong opinion.

everyone is an expert with other ppls money.....

good for you goru....i am glad everything went well. congratulations...

long live bernanke....
Old May 18, 2013, 12:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

iDumb maybe you're lucky not to be banned as well...
Old May 22, 2013, 10:50 AM
Cricket Legend

And Bernanke shall keep on giving us money...... stimulus will not end.... stock market goes higher... God bless!
this is actually even too much and too fast for even an ever optimist like me.....
Old May 22, 2013, 10:53 AM
Cricket Savant

gajakhouri ^^^

trolling er ekta limit ache

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 22, 2013, 05:03 PM

Agree with iDumb. too bad we dont have $5 trades in Oz
Old May 22, 2013, 10:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
gajakhouri ^^^

trolling er ekta limit ache
what makes you think i am trolling. i have been an avid market follower since year 2000. thats more than a decade. my posts on this forum alone goes many years back...

only purpose of such posts are to make many of you aware about the happenings of market. i think with knowledge many can benefit.. peace
Old May 24, 2013, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, **** me... 115% and 137% gains suddenly on Freddie and Fannie... after holding these for soooo long in the red!
Old May 24, 2013, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

goru u do realize s&p gained close to 150 percent from 2009 lows? you are boasting all wrong.... i wouldnt be proud about those two holdings, you got lucky - those were dumb purchases to be honest.. sorry.

but V was a smart play and long term hold....that was ur perfect investment and i always supported investing in credit card companies, ma, v, axp all great....
Old May 25, 2013, 04:04 AM
Cricket Legend

S&P 500 up 25% YTD.

My overall portfolio up 70% YTD.

Since the lowest value of my portfolio in 2009, it has gained 296% (as in, it has nearly quadrupled).
Old May 25, 2013, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

good for you. now you can finally take us to lunch. oh sorry forgot, you dont like meeting weird strangers ppl from the internet.....:p

anyways good job... i just dislike those two companies.... you sounded like some one boasting doubling their money on penny stocks....:p....

i shouldnt be talking i made some money last couple of years with FAS, not really the smartest investment.. but who cares...
Old May 29, 2013, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

btw goru congratulations, i think you made some good money lately....... lucky or genius or a bit of both..... good job.
Old May 30, 2013, 07:09 PM
Cricket Legend

They come fast they go fast..... Hope you sold :p. Now you know what I meant by boasting about penny stocks. It would be pure genius if had the foresight to get out
Old June 1, 2013, 03:35 AM
Cricket Legend

They are still 55/67% in the green, but I am holding. Possibly risky, but they are just a tiny bit of my portfolio.

BTW, not sure why you always see just "boasting" in posts here. I am merely sharing info. If you look at post #185, I mentioned Freddie and Fannie just when they were starting the climb (but nowhere near the 200%+ gains a couple of days ago)... thought it might be beneficial to the day traders in here. In fact, I didn't even notice their surge myself (as I don't really keep up with market news these days)... friend of mine (who is a financial analyst) asked if I still had shares of those (he had just bought in himself).

Post #194 was where I was actually boasting. But then, I was doing that by simply stating facts in response to you.

Last edited by goru; June 1, 2013 at 05:50 AM..
Old June 1, 2013, 10:53 AM
Cricket Legend

relax dude! why you getting defensive like a 5 year old....

if you wanna boast you boast. ami tomar shathe to ekhon argue korbo na tumi boast kortecho naki na kortecho..... naki tumi chao ami kori?
Old July 25, 2013, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Facebook stock up 25 percent after earning report... Ad revenue up signifivantly