facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 25, 2011, 04:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe
Unhappy Where is Bangladesh Women's Cricket going ??!!

I was reading Ray of Light: Women' Cricket in Bangladesh - Start of a New Era (2007) article written by Miraz bhai and came to know that Bangladesh & Zimbabwe were the Only 2 countries who despite of full membership, did not get Test Status in Women's category.

Quote:
Following women cricket teams have been awarded Test status by International Cricket Council to date: Australia, England, India , Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa , Sri Lanka and West Indies.

Curiously, Ireland and Netherlands are women Test playing nations while they are yet to gain Test status in the men’s version.
Okay, fair enough. Bangladesh women's cricket is not as strong as other full member countries but how come Ireland & Netherland women are playing Test matches while we yet to get our ODI Status. Yes, you read it right. Bangladesh Women's Cricket team has not got their ODI status yet let alone Test Status. and now Zimbabwe women's are playing more frequently than Bangladesh and that shows in the recent ranking.

Here is the recent ranking of Women's cricket where Bangladesh is no near in that ranking.

1.ENGLAND
2.NEW ZEALAND
3.INDIA
4.AUSTRALIA
5.SOUTH AFRICA
6.WEST INDIES
7.SRI LANKA
8.PAKISTAN
9.IRELAND
10.THE NETHERLANDS
--------------------------------------
11.Zimbabwe
12.Scotland
13.PNG
14.Bermuda

Only top 10 teams carry ODI Status.

Source

In that article, it was mentioned that, BCB would create healthy and favorable environment for women's to play, and as Bangladesh is not receiving any ICC grant to promote women’s cricket, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) should create its own funding and encourage sponsors to come forward.

But, my question is, what has BCB done since 2007 to get our women's cricket in shape ? I believe, now BCB has earned enough money to create its own fund to help women's cricket and still no sign of it. No regular league, No bilateral series, No proper grooming, nothing. If BCB think that they would need more money then why do not they push for ICC grant ??

If this continues to happen then our women's cricket will soon near to be extinct.

Last edited by Naimul_Hd; April 25, 2011 at 06:28 AM..

Old April 25, 2011, 07:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

think about the mens first women team will take more time they dotn have patience to occupy the crease
Old April 25, 2011, 07:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Is it wrong, that I dont really care.
Old April 25, 2011, 07:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Even without much facilities, our women team has got a number of world class players in Panna, Salma, Shamima...They have already beaten Pakistan and Sri lanka. With proper care, they could improve faster than our men's team.

BCB is not very good in entrepreneurship. They will not build the team looking at the future prospect of gaining money from the ICC. For men's team, they get the money and it is easier to spend than to earn.

On a side note, many people argue that we were given test status too soon and without getting it so easily, we could have grown toughness to play better cricket. Actually, if we were not given the test status, we would not have got that much money from the ICC and our cricket would not be much better than that of Nepal.
Old April 25, 2011, 07:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
think about the mens first women team will take more time they dotn have patience to occupy the crease
I guess, BCB is thinking in the same line and thats why we are lagging behind. I think our women's have greater potential to be one of the power houses than that of our men's. If we had thought positively and properly, our women's team could have done more justice than our men's team. What bothers me most is our mentality towards women's participation.
Old April 25, 2011, 07:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by max410
If BCB does not care if they play or not, how they can improve with time?

About patience, I just give you one name 'Salma Khatun'. That 20 years old kid has more patience than any of our superstars in the Men's team.
Old April 25, 2011, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

For those that do not have any idea about our Women's team, I am adding a few links:

Win against Pakistan: http://www.espncricinfo.com/women/en...ch/341297.html

Runners up in Asian games: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...ry/487927.html

In their first appearnace, they won the ACC championship demolishing teams that were playing cricket for much longer.

Salma's 90 against India: http://www.espncricinfo.com/women/en...ch/341301.html

150+ partnership against Hong Kong: http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ch/342991.html

Old April 25, 2011, 08:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Thanks Baundule bhai for digging up those links. I fully agree with you. We are spending so much money on our men's cricket but look at our outcome. Nothing much to proud of. I aint saying we should spend as much money as BCB does in Men's cricket but at least, we can expect regular training of our women even with local coaches let alone foreign coaches. They deserve better treatment thats what i am trying to say.
Old April 25, 2011, 08:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Nowhere and the credit goes to BCB complacency as always.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old April 25, 2011, 08:41 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Nowhere coz of BCB. But I cant really blame them. BCB does'nt have proper plans for our men's team. So to expect something from them for our women's team is not pragmatic.....
Old April 25, 2011, 08:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Kathbirali koi gelo...O Kathbirali apu koi tumi bhai?
Old April 25, 2011, 09:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Kathbirali koi gelo...O Kathbirali apu koi tumi bhai?
Kathbirali...apu na bhai, agey thik koren bk bhai !!
Old April 25, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

they are girls from the ANSAR AND BDR camps i heard. heard that they don't even have good living standards there...
Old April 27, 2011, 12:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Arrey Naimul bahi, Kathbirali apu...where is she....this is a threaD for her...she is the lone-ranger of BC women's cricket in BD,.....very frustrated though...please come back dear Katrhbirali apu!
Old April 27, 2011, 02:02 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I thought we were supposed to play the world cup qualifier sometimes later this year.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 27, 2011, 10:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i heard that the women's domestic league was about to start or has it already started?
Old May 3, 2011, 08:10 PM
Cricket Guru

^ yes. You heard it right.

মহিলা ক্লাব ক্রিকেট শুরু আজ

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ০৪-০৫-২০১১

১০টি ক্লাব নিয়ে আজ শুরু হচ্ছে তৃতীয় মহিলা ক্লাব ক্রিকেট লিগ। দুটি গ্রুপে ভাগ হয়ে খেলবে দলগুলো। ‘এ’ গ্রুপে আছে মোহামেডান স্পোর্টিং ক্লাব, শেখ জামাল ধানমন্ডি ক্লাব, আজাদ স্পোর্টিং ক্লাব, দীপালি যুব সংঘ ও ওরিয়েন্ট স্পোর্টিং ক্লাব। ‘বি’ গ্রুপে আবাহনী লিমিটেড, বিকেএসপি, গুলশান ইয়ুথ ক্লাব, কলাবাগান ক্রীড়া চক্র ও ইন্দিরা রোড ক্রীড়া চক্র। প্রতিটি ম্যাচ হবে ৪০ ওভারের। আজ উদ্বোধনী দিনে একটিই ম্যাচ—গুলশান ইয়ুথ ক্লাব মাঠে শেখ জামালের মুখোমুখি হবে মোহামেডান। কাল থেকে দিনে দুটি করে ম্যাচ। গুলশান ইয়ুথ ক্লাব মাঠের পাশাপাশি খেলা হবে বিকেএসপি-২ ও সিটি ক্লাব মাঠেও।
Old May 3, 2011, 09:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Our men's team is under enough criticism as it is, we got to tackle one problem at a time.
Old May 4, 2011, 01:23 AM
Street Cricketer

http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/17300.html
Old May 4, 2011, 03:36 AM
Cricket Guru

^

Quote:
The omission of Ansar came as a huge surprise as they are not only the defending champions, but also boast as many as eight players from the current national side.
Abdullah Al Fuad Redwan, chairman of the BCB’s women’s wing, said Ansar do not meet the criterion of a club and thus have been dropped from the competition.

‘Since Ansar are not a club, we decided to drop them from the competition,’ said Redwan. His statement appears contradictory as they have included BKSP in the tournament despite them not being a club. There are also instances of office teams playing club competition in men’s cricket.

When these points were raised to him, Redwan, a BCB director who hails from Jamalpur, said: ‘It’s our decision, you cannot argue.’
How can they eliminate a team where 8 national players play ??

Bow down to BCB director, Redwan

Quote:
SM Alam, a sports officer of Ansar, said they have allowed their girls to play for other clubs for the sake of the game.
Great move.