facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 23, 2012, 02:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Naeem in od squad? Lol

Old November 23, 2012, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Most horrible team selection of recent times. 4 pacers for Khulna!!! Naeem in ODI squad. Kichu bolar nai.
Old November 23, 2012, 03:22 PM
Banned

My Squad:
1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Jahurul Islam
3. Anamul Haque
4. Shakib Al Hasan
5. Nasir Hossain
6. Mahmudullah (Vice Captain)
7. Mushfiqur Rahim (Captain)
8. Masrafe Bin Mortaza
9. Shohag Gazi
10. Abul Hasan
11. Rubel Hossain
Old November 23, 2012, 04:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Though Naeem has taken a place in the squad but he shouldn't be played in XI.
Old November 23, 2012, 04:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

This is hands down the worst selection EVER. Riyad and naeem? Utter garbage we"re going to lose the 5 math series 0-6 now for sure. Idiot selectors.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 23, 2012, 05:54 PM
Club Cricketer

I see a there are a lot of noises regarding Naeem's inclusion in the team. Here are my reasons why his inclusion is justified and should be in the team.

By reputation Naeem's been known as a hard hitter or Chokka Naeem. I think he somewhat proved that as well in the past ODI serieses. Well not quite as a hard hitter but proved his worth in my eyes. Most people here are comparing him to Zia or saying that Zia should have taken his place.

Here's the thing you have to understand about test cricket. It's called test cricket because this game does really test your character as a player. It is the grass-root of cricket where you apply your basic skills. It is THE only format where you can test how good of a bowler/batsman you are. You mold yourself in this format and can only propel in other formats.

Chokka Naeem already proved that he can play the longer version for a long time by scoring a ton against a tough bowling unit and he recently had a good run at NCL by scoring a couple of centuries as well. Here's a guy who can play both shorter and longer format with ease. I believe if he plays ODI then he will come lower down the order where he can hold his wicket together if the wickets start tumbling because he already knows how to occupy the crease, if need be, or switch to his natural aggressive level and start hitting chokkas. This is where Zia fails because Zia hasn't proved to the selectors or indeed to us that he CAN actually stay on the field for longer period or can switch his mood.

Above all, Naeem is an excellent fielder in any format just like Nasir. Zia is nowhere near Naeem in terms of fielding and Naeem's bowling average is far better than Zia's.

Well done selectors for picking Naeem.
Old November 23, 2012, 05:56 PM
Cricket Savant

keno the naeem ki amader jimbabooye (zimbabwe) theke bachay nay 73 nakoto raan kore? manush ki sohojei na mukh muse fele.... c

Edit: I would love to see all yar' face after BD whitewashes WI in ODI. Hah
Old November 23, 2012, 06:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Naeem with a strike rate of 64 in ODIs proves that he is not an ODI batsmen. I know that he is not an ODI batsmen and im dissapointed that he has been selected. Im also dissapointed that Imrul has been left out. Yes you guys might say he hasnt been doing well in NCL but you cant judge a players performance from a different format.

The squad selection are horrendous and i have a bad feeling that Naeem will be in the team. Since there is no Imrul we could try out Jahurul as Tamim's opening partner.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Jahurul Islam
2. Anamul Haque
4. Mushfiqur Rahim
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Abdur Razzak
10. Sohag Gazi
11. Rubel Hossain
Old November 23, 2012, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Awkward moment when BCB XI beat Bangladesh.
Old November 23, 2012, 06:21 PM
Cricket Guru

so ODI team has been selected before seeing the result of the BCB XI great players do not have worry now as all are preselected without proving anything...and ODI selection based on test performance...only happens in BD...Long live the selectors
Old November 23, 2012, 06:31 PM
Cricket Legend

BCB XI
1. Imrul Kayes
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haque
4. Mominul Haque
5. Asif Ahmed
6. Marhsall Ayub
7. Ziaur Rahman
8. Elias Sunny
9. Al-Amin Hossain
10. Enamul Haque jnr
11. Taskin Ahmed
Old November 23, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
Here's the thing you have to understand about test cricket. It's called test cricket because this game does really test your character as a player. It is the grass-root of cricket where you apply your basic skills. It is THE only format where you can test how good of a bowler/batsman you are. You mold yourself in this format and can only propel in other formats.
I didn't understand what you meant by "...and can only propel in other formats" if you meant that a good test batsman can just easily move into other formats...then it's wrong. Sunil Gavaskar and many many established test players failed to adjust with the other format. I have seen Nayeem playing test cricket in ODIs in the past when it was needed to do otherwise...and now he has changed his game to suit the test much more by slowing down further...I don't think he has the capacity to simply roll over... He tried to score a bit faster in second innings of Dhaka and 1st innings of Khulna ... And he failed miserably...so I don't know what you are basing your expectations on...

Quote:
Chokka Naeem already proved that he can play the longer version for a long time by scoring a ton against a tough bowling unit and he recently had a good run at NCL by scoring a couple of centuries as well. Here's a guy who can play both shorter and longer format with ease. I believe if he plays ODI then he will come lower down the order where he can hold his wicket together if the wickets start tumbling because he already knows how to occupy the crease, if need be, or switch to his natural aggressive level and start hitting chokkas. This is where Zia fails because Zia hasn't proved to the selectors or indeed to us that he CAN actually stay on the field for longer period or can switch his mood.
All the gunogan you sing is from the longer version and he is probably one of the rare players in NCL to have played in FC mood/mode.

His ability to switch between Test and natural aggression mode isn't as smooth as your words above and Chokka Nayeem is a Misnomer to me till now, from what I have seen him so far.

Quote:
Above all, Naeem is an excellent fielder in any format just like Nasir. Zia is nowhere near Naeem in terms of fielding and Naeem's bowling average is far better than Zia.
I don't think you can use the word excellent for his fielding at least today...he missed a vital catch today, trying to catch it like a dolphin....he missed catches even before...so he is just an ok fielder, nothing close to excellent. And who cares about Nayeem's bowling average....average wise it's already in the level of garbage, and what's good and bad in a garbage...

Overall, while the guy was trying to become a test batsman by changing his style (As said by Akram) ...just after two tests and one successful test innings, we are throwing him into ODIs...and net result will be another confused player...with neither a test nor a ODI success in future ... Will hang for sometime in the team basing on that 100 and then be dumped from all formats after repeated failures.... And then again we start searching for another Number 4 in the tests...can we expect any different result? Yes, if he is a genius. We will find out soon.... I wouldn't take that risk of experimenting until he is confident in one format...I.e. Test.. Due to his recent success there.
Old November 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

agree with BANFAN. Naeem should not be in the ODI team. We have seen enough of Naeem in the ODIs.
What did Zia do wrong to get dropped?
Old November 23, 2012, 11:07 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Default Squad for "First 2 ODIs" and some other jokes to follow

Probably the worst squad i have ever seen.. no?
Jahirul, Shafiul, Abul, Naeem... what are they doing? Why is Gazi picked ahead of Sunny only based on test performance?

The BCB XI has a stronger team... only needs Tamim, Shakib and Mashrafe...
Abul ahead of Nazmul...
Shafiul ahead of Nazmuk....
Naeem ahead of Zia....
Jahirul ahead of Ash, Zia, Kayes........

Idiots at their best. they picked the test players for ODI squad. Anamul is a TEST player and he gets picked for the ODI squad where its more likely for him to fail. Same with Naeem, Abul and the others. Than they will be dropped and next series we will see some new debuts and Ash and Imrul for the test side..

u drop the best pacer from Asia cup for ODIs.... thats beyond insanity.
Very frustrated right now
Old November 24, 2012, 01:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

nazmul not being selected is ridiculous.
Old November 24, 2012, 02:03 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
nazmul not being selected is ridiculous.
for 100th times....Nazmul is INJURED.
Old November 24, 2012, 02:04 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
agree with BANFAN. Naeem should not be in the ODI team. We have seen enough of Naeem in the ODIs.
What did Zia do wrong to get dropped?
Zia was never picked for a ODI series before . but he should have got his maiden call for ODI but you know akram khan and co
Old November 24, 2012, 02:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

test e bhalo korle odi t20 shob ta te entry paowa jai.

t20 te bhalo korle test e direct entry. no pass needed.

ki je hobe amader. no future.
Old November 24, 2012, 11:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

MD Mithun should have included in BCB XI after his recent performance. its quite unfair