facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 2, 2007, 09:45 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Match bulletin : Pakistan edge past Bangladesh in Twenty20 thriller, two records for Nazimuddin

Current/Forthcoming Tour

Twenty20 World Championship, 2007
Pakistan edge past Bangladesh in Twenty20 thriller
2 September 2007

Bangladesh lost their second match of the Twenty20 Quadrangular against Pakistan by 30 runs in a high scoring thrilling contest at Nairobi Gymkhana Ground today (Sunday).
Bangladesh was well on course for an exciting run chase until 14th over of the match, but lost momentum once Yasir Arafat removed Nazimuddin who was carrying Bangladesh on his young shoulder towards an improbable victory.

Read the rest of the bulletin »

Old September 2, 2007, 09:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Hot dang Miraz ... the customary efficiency despite the bummer of a loss ... my standout BD players today: Nazimuddin, Ash for being directly involved with 5 or 6 of our wickets ... and YOU !
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 2, 2007, 10:05 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Thanks Sohel.

It's really wonderful that the young Nazim now holds the record of most 4's and 6's in an an innings in Twenty20 international and he is playing only second match of his international career.

He is definitely my Man of the Match.

Last edited by Miraz; September 2, 2007 at 10:22 AM..
Old September 2, 2007, 10:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

welldone Nazim,
i missed tht innings.
Old September 2, 2007, 10:22 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Mortaza, Rahim

wht was the score
Old September 2, 2007, 10:34 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabeya
wht was the score
Pakistan 191/7 (20/20 ov)
Bangladesh 161/7 (20.0/20 ov)
Old September 2, 2007, 10:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Thanks Sohel.

It's really wonderful that the young Nazim now holds the record of most 4's and 6's in an an innings in Twenty20 international and he is playing only second match of his international career.

He is definitely my Man of the Match.
Impossible to disagree. Although we lost the match decisively, the new Kaurnophuli Marauder created possibilities Aftab, Ash, Alok just couldn’t do much with for whatever reason. Ash's bowling towards the end and fielding just rocked today. When in the beginning you, and 2 of your bowlers happen to be in a generous mood, especially to your Pakistani twin Imran Nazir who isn't, there's not much more you can do. Keeping Pakistan under 200 after that flying start is not bad at all. Allow 150 runs from 12 overs and that's all she wrote.

The new and improved Alok with his class raised our last hope with his well-suited batting before getting unlucky. I wasn't surprised to see Ash not using his bowling. He's a flighty strike bowler and tends to be on the expensive side in limited over matches. He is a test bowler IMHO. Then again, look at Farhad's figures.

I was never a fan of Farhad's bowling or fielding at any point in time. I never really saw a future for him outside T20 cricket, where those 2 or 3 booming 6s down the order can be valuable. Now if he can't do that, then those technical flaws in his batting become huge.

Riyad, as you've correctly pointed out in the match thread, is not a T20 player, especially when the Captain lacks confidence in his ability to bowl effectively. Maybe he has a future in ODIs or Test cricket, or maybe he won't after Shakib gets back.

Deeply concerned about Tamim at this point. He needs to put that amazing ability to see the ball early to better use. He needs to play his "natural" game with more grammatically correct shots and without fear. If he can't, we're going to have to look for people who can while Tamim learns to harness his considerable talent as Alok has in the NCL.

Time to bring in Junaed and perhaps also Zia - not the Pak bowler Junaed Zia ... bad joke and nobody's laughing - against Uganda and assess their performance according to a reasonable curve. I'd like to see the following batting order and see what happens: -

1. Junaed
2. Nazimuddin
3. Tamim
4. Ash
5. Alok
6. Aftab
7. Mash
8. Mushy
9. Zia
10. Razzak
11. Rasel
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; September 2, 2007 at 10:58 AM..
Old September 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Nazir didn't deserve the MOM award. A mere 48 off 25 deliveries is nothing compared to an 81 off 52 that threatened entertainment.
Old September 2, 2007, 11:00 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Gilly Klusener Bulbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Impossible to disagree. Although we lost the match decisively,
1. Junaed
2. Nazimuddin
3. Tamim
4. Ash
5. Alok
6. Aftab
7. Mash
8. Mushy
9. Zia
10. Razzak
11. Rasel

dude NO TAMIM NOT HIM 4 next 2 matches let the other dude get a chance and let him take lil rest and work on his madness
Old September 2, 2007, 11:00 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
1. Junaed
2. Nazimuddin
3. Tamim
4. Ash
5. Alok
6. Aftab
7. Mash
8. Mushy
9. Zia
10. Razzak
11. Rasel
That's probably the best combination after Riyad and Farhad's failure. We should at least give opportunity to Junaid and Zia to show their mettle against Uganda.

Last edited by Miraz; September 2, 2007 at 11:11 AM..
Old September 2, 2007, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Nazir didn't deserve the MOM award. A mere 48 off 25 deliveries is nothing compared to an 81 off 52 that threatened entertainment.
agreed. nazim didnt just threaten entertainment, he threatened the match (for pakistan).

the MoM almost always goes to the winning team's star player. the rare occaision it goes to a losing sides player, sometimes that too makes no sense.

i rememeber in 03 against RSA in an ODI, we lost and ash scored 52 runs and got the MoM, which made no sense. it was not a spectacular innings; all he did was top score for his side - which wasn't exactly hard.

the MoM should go to the best player regardless of who won or lost. either that or they should name 2 equal MoMs, one from each team.

nazim was the best player in the match and outscored the "Mom" by over 30 runs!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 2, 2007, 01:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Twenty20 Internationals
Most runs in career
Player Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
GC Smith (SA) 2005-2007 5 5 2 259 89* 86.33 188 137.76 0 3 0 36 6
RT Ponting (Aus) 2005-2007 5 5 1 178 98* 44.50 110 161.81 0 1 1 14 9
ME Trescothick (Eng) 2005-2006 3 3 0 166 72 55.33 131 126.71 0 2 0 23 1
PD Collingwood (Eng) 2005-2007 6 6 0 164 79 27.33 120 136.66 0 1 0 11 7
A Symonds (Aus) 2005-2007 4 4 2 125 54* 62.50 63 198.41 0 1 1 13 5
Nazimuddin (Ban) 2007-2007 2 2 0 124 81 62.00 87 142.52 0 1 0 11 7
BB McCullum (NZ) 2005-2006 5 5 1 124 39 31.00 93 133.33 0 0 0 14 6
DR Martyn (Aus) 2005-2006 4 4 0 120 96 30.00 74 162.16 0 1 0 11 5
SP Fleming (NZ) 2005-2006 5 5 0 110 38 22.00 85 129.41 0 0 0 20 0
SB Styris (NZ) 2005-2006 3 3 0 109 66 36.33 83 131.32 0 1 0 9 4
nazim is the only guy on the list who has played less than 3 matches...most of the guys have 3 or 4 matches played.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 2, 2007, 01:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Hot dang Al good dig ... thanks bro ... eye candy of the moment ... paure chokh duto na jollei hauy ...
Old September 2, 2007, 03:05 PM
Cricket Sage

sohel bhai, apnee post number eto baraisen kemne? apnee nishtoi webmaster der ke ghush diye apnar post number inflate korsen...jeez you're catching up to me in posts and i've been here for 3.5 years!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 2, 2007, 03:09 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Sohel will have highest post count at BC within next 3 months @ current rate.

Within one year we will have our first member of 10,000 club.
Old September 2, 2007, 03:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Only Ashraful & Me

Quote:

congrates shole bro in advance.
Old September 2, 2007, 03:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

ATMR might beat sohel to 10K, but sohel will trump him to 15K

i always wondered how other forums had 20K posters who had only been around 2 years or so...answer is sohel bhai

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 2, 2007, 03:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
agreed. nazim didnt just threaten entertainment, he threatened the match (for pakistan).

the MoM almost always goes to the winning team's star player. the rare occaision it goes to a losing sides player, sometimes that too makes no sense.

i rememeber in 03 against RSA in an ODI, we lost and ash scored 52 runs and got the MoM, which made no sense. it was not a spectacular innings; all he did was top score for his side - which wasn't exactly hard.

the MoM should go to the best player regardless of who won or lost. either that or they should name 2 equal MoMs, one from each team.

nazim was the best player in the match and outscored the "Mom" by over 30 runs!
ditto
Old September 2, 2007, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
nazim is the only guy on the list who has played less than 3 matches...most of the guys have 3 or 4 matches played.
ALSO the 2ND highest average
Old September 2, 2007, 04:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:

My bets are on Miraz bhai... he is just needs a little bit more than 2000 posts (i have accumulated 2000+ post by being here for 3 years). I bet it will take him 2-3 months MAX!!!
Old September 2, 2007, 04:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumØrS
ALSO the 2ND highest average
its a shame the next match against uganda wont count as an official 20 20.......as he could of blostered and increased his avrege
Old September 2, 2007, 04:18 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
My bets are on Miraz bhai... he is just needs a little bit more than 2000 posts (i have accumulated 2000+ post by being here for 3 years). I bet it will take him 2-3 months MAX!!!
No way!!

I have on an average 14.26 posts per day & I am maintaining the average over the last two years.

Sohel has on an average 38.82 posts per day (a difference of 24.5 posts per day and he needs only 2000+ post to catch me. Only 60 days er mamla), he is gonna beat me within a blink of eye.
Old September 2, 2007, 04:21 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

sohel bhai has an average of almost a quality batsmen. A few more unbeaten centuries will be enough to make his average in the high forties.
Old September 2, 2007, 05:23 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Tigers go down fighting
Nazimuddin flays Pakistan
Sports Reporter

Nazimuddin ... 81
Nazimuddin toyed with the Pakistani attack but his spectacular 81 could not ensure a win as Bangladesh went down by 30 runs in their second match of the four-nation Twenty20 competition at the Nairobi Gymkhana ground yesterday.

It was never easy to chase 192 in 20 overs but thanks to young Nazimuddin, the Tigers made a game of it before being restricted to 161 for seven under fading lights.

None of the other batsmen made any impact on the score with Alok Kapali's 19 being the next best.

Nazimuddin began in spectacular fashion when a short delivery from 'Rawalpindi Express' Shoaib Akhtar was pulled to the midwicket boundary off the second ball of the innings. He treated the opening duo of Akhtar and Mohammad Asif with disdain as the first six overs of fielding restrictions, barring the loss of Tamim Iqbal (1), was all Bangladesh; and all Nazimuddin!

The over after Tamim's fall, Asif was struck for three fours in a row by the debutant who by now was warming up for a hurried epic. Two pull shots and a blazing square-cut meant that Asif went for 22 in his two overs.

Then came his first six. Akhtar's legside delivery was nonchalantly flicked to the midwicket stand. Next over, medium-pacer Iftekhar Anjum Rao was given a warm welcome with a couple of fours and two sixes: one landed on the adjacent tennis court and the second one flew into the car park. The second big hit brought on his half-century off just 25 balls.

Aftab Ahmed fell two balls later for seven, missing a Shahid Afridi quicker delivery. But Aftab's dismissal or even Mohammad Ashraful's (7) run-out did not discourage Nazimuddin. He went on his merry way with lofting another over long-on off leg-spinner Afridi, who was the most successful bowler with 2-26 off his four overs.

Kapali helped out Nazimuddin but fell after hitting a six off Afridi.

But Nazimuddin was not done hitting sixes. He carted two more --off Afridi and Yasir Arafat -- in consecutive overs, before falling to Arafat. He struck eight fours and five sixes.

The rest of the innings fell apart as there was no more big hitting. The likes of Forhad Reza (18) and Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (10 off 14 balls) failed to accelerate.

Earlier, Pakistan capitalised on a good opening stand between Salman Butt and Imran Nazir as the left-right combination added 76 off only 46 balls. After Nazir fell to a run out, Younis Khan and Shahid Afridi batted with purpose to take the total closer to 200.

Mashrafe had an absolutely shocking afternoon as he conceded 53 off his four overs. Forhad gave 2 more in his quota. Syed Rasel and Abdur Razzaq bowled economically with the latter picking up a wicket while Rasel only gave away 18.

Skipper Ashraful flattered himself with figures of 3-44 in his four overs as the batsmen went after him and perished.

But for Nazimuddin, the fourth highest score in all Twenty20 internationals will do his confidence a world of good for the World Championships coming up next week.

Bangladesh play their final group match against lowly Uganda tomorrow.

source
Old September 2, 2007, 06:27 PM
Banned

nazimuddin doesnt look 21 he looks more lik 25 or somethin