facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 24, 2009, 07:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Dispatches - Terror In Mumbai

The untold story of 2008's terrorist attack on the Indian city of Mumbai. The story is told in the words of its victims and the gunmen. Produced and directed by award-winning filmmaker Dan Reed, Terror in Mumbai tells the story of what happened when 10 Muslim gunmen held one of the world's busiest cities hostage; killing and wounding hundreds of people while holding India's crack security forces at bay.

Featuring footage of the attacks and interviews with senior police officers and hostages, including the testimony from Kasab - the sole surviving gunman, Dispatches reveals what happened, hour by hour, from the perspective of the security forces, the terrorists, their masterminds and the victims.

Link

(some graphic images but SFW. Approx. 50 minutes long.)

Last edited by Blah; July 24, 2009 at 04:30 PM..

Old July 24, 2009, 12:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Just watched the whole video.

I'm shivering in horror. Mindless killing. Simply inhumane. What a shame that they call themselves muslims. The religion is about peace...and these b@stards make it sound like that's their sacred responsibility.

These terrorists should be lynched...anything less is a sin.
Old July 24, 2009, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Just watched the whole video.

I'm shivering in horror. Mindless killing. Simply inhumane. What a shame that they call themselves muslims. The religion is about peace...and these b@stards make it sound like that's their sacred responsibility.

These terrorists should be lynched...anything less is a sin.
Agreed.

Sometimes I wonder how this minority gets away with robbing an entire culture of its dignity, by making false claims and hijacking a religion as their own. Then I wonder why the rest of us sit back and let it happen. Its quite sad. No matter what the Americans or British or whoever else is fighting the War on Terrorism do... In the end, nothing will happen until we Muslims step up to the plate and get rid of this cancer.

Will watch this later tonight.
Old July 24, 2009, 12:17 PM
Cricket Savant

It's funny how in our culture we are unperturbed about graphic images and violence and don't bat our eyes yet we are so uptight and make a taboo out of trivial sexual matters.

smh

On topic: Although Muslims don't _have to_ but condemning these type of attacks instead of getting riled up about something juvenile as Danish cartoon is a step forward in creating a peaceful alliance with members of different 'species.'

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old July 24, 2009, 12:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Gopal: It's not as easy. Confronting a cartoonist is different than confronting a terrorist. Difference between the two is, one will hurt you emotionally, and one will hurt you physically.

However, what you may have meant is - instaead of rallying against a cartoonist, could we not rally against terrorirsts? Absolutely. That won't be the first step, but one of the main steps to tell the rest of the world that that we don't believe in the same nonsense that these mindless idiots are trying to portray.
Old July 24, 2009, 12:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Gopal: It's not as easy. Confronting a cartoonist is different than confronting a terrorist. Difference between the two is, one will hurt you emotionally, and one will hurt you physically.

However, what you may have meant is - instaead of rallying against a cartoonist, could we not rally against terrorirsts? Absolutely. That won't be the first step, but one of the main steps to tell the rest of the world that that we don't believe in the same nonsense that these mindless idiots are trying to portray.
No kabir vai. I actually meant the second one. I am not talking about confrontation but simply an awareness movement with their stance against the terrorists will solidify and strengthen a good relationship. Instead of focusing on the differences, Muslims and the folks of other religion should focus more on the similarities.

Old July 24, 2009, 12:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
It's funny how in our culture we are unperturbed about graphic images and violence and don't bat our eyes yet we are so uptight and make a taboo out of trivial sexual matters...'
The bold and underline part is not correct. Wrong is a wrong, no matter how you see it.
+++
We all should make sure the image of Muslim is a proper one. Just because someone calls himself muslim and goes in to bringe drinking doesn't mean other muslims are like that. What was his name Ata?

Yesterday a Jewish Rabbi got handcuffed for money laundering in Philly. Does that mean all Jewish are like that? Same with some Bishops and their wrong doings.
Old July 24, 2009, 12:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
The bold and underline part is not correct. Wrong is a wrong, no matter how you see it.
+++
We all should make sure the image of Muslim is a proper one. Just because someone calls himself muslim and goes in to bringe drinking doesn't mean other muslims are like that. What was his name Ata?

Yesterday a jewish Rabbi got handcuffed for money laundering in Philly. Does that mean all jewish are like that?
Mijan vai apnee vul bujtesen. What I meant was in our culture...not religion we are hesitant about watching cheerleaders (not that I am for or against it) but in the news they are not shy to show graphic images. In this video, the scene with the pool of blood made me sick to my stomach and since we have a lot of child viewers I think a link would suffice instead of the whole video.

But then again. It's a tough world out there. Children should man up and learn to stomach these scenes.

Hope I cleared the misunderstanding.

Old July 24, 2009, 03:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
In this video, the scene with the pool of blood made me sick to my stomach and since we have a lot of child viewers I think a link would suffice instead of the whole video.

But then again. It's a tough world out there. Children should man up and learn to stomach these scenes.
Edited with a warning about graphic images. Even though I agree that people should man up and watch it, I shouldn't be presumptuous in to thinking that everyone can handle it.

Regarding this video. I was very aware of what happened in India during this attack with as much details as traditional media will allow (don't watch TV by choice for more than a year). But this video put things into a perspective in a manner that really hit me and I think that everyone, specially Muslims, should watch this video.

The first step towards fixing a problem is to realize and admit that there is a problem.

Last edited by Blah; July 24, 2009 at 04:46 PM..
Old July 24, 2009, 04:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Where is Mumbia BTW?
Old July 24, 2009, 04:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Where is Mumbia BTW?
here

(ah, realized you are being witty about spelling mistake)

Last edited by Blah; July 24, 2009 at 04:48 PM..
Old July 24, 2009, 04:33 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

রক্তারক্তি দৃশ্যগুলি দেখে খুবি খারাপ লাগছিল, কিন্তু অসম্ভব খারাপ লাগল তখন, যখন সেই ছোট মেয়েটিকে দেখলাম যার মা এই সন্তাসী হামলায় মারা গেছে। আল্লাহ, তুমি এই জালেমদের বিচার কর।
Old July 24, 2009, 04:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I was basically frozen when watching this video. Horrifying stuff.
Old July 24, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

This is what Poverty does to Uneducated hot headed Muslims...
Old July 24, 2009, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
poverty can be the underlying cause of violence in certain contexts but it should not be seen as a pretext for violence.
Old July 24, 2009, 09:00 PM
Cricket Sage

I did not see the video but Rifat's remark and Puck's reply inspired me to provide a view of my own. We blame poverty too often whenever such things are committed at large. Which should be curbed out from our conscious upbringing.

Blaming poverty does not really help for a particular fraction of crime while my own country men are indulged in everyday social crimes which are no less inevident by nature or voracity. Open a news paper site everyday, the number of social crimes are at times very atrocious and these are undertaken by general people who possess no relationship to such groups or factions.

Frustration may be another reason and some people just love to keep the precipice motivated by self satisfaction. I am not sure when we would be really able to develop a system when democracy will shine and single law abiding layman does not have to pray every night to remain safe from the miscreants all around.

Being said that I am more concerned about building a system inside Bangladesh where corruption will come to an acceptable level so is law enforcement.
Old July 24, 2009, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Although poverty is a factor, I dun't think its the main reason. Many of these people are not poor by any measure. Sure the majority of the grunt work is done by the poor who go to these "madrasas" for shelter and food, however many recent terrorists, especially those caught in Canada, USA and England are far from poor. They are just misguided.
Old July 24, 2009, 10:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

there are many things in this world which bothers the hell out of Practicing Muslims...some people have the correct way to approach them/tackle them and some people without finding the means to unleash the stored potential massive surge of Anger/hatred: take it out on the general public under the fake identity of labeling everyone kaffirs/ disbelievers even the muslims since the nonviolent muslims do not act upon this anger...

I personally think the 1971 liberation war was such a case... :supermad:

I have said in other threads before: how would prophet Mohammad(PBUH) and his companions approach this? due to the nature of the arabic Quran: without the correct context it can say whatever you want it to say given you follow the logical consistency of your translation of the quran. when you conglomerate the strong feelings of the oppressed muslims during the time of Mohammad(PBUH) with your personal hatred towards the way some things are in this life, it just gives you a shell to hide in every time you are criticized for your act of violence, your best defense would be "God authorized this, while God didn't"...and what best shell can you find then the glorious light of Islam?...

*clear example of hypocrites: they say they are the peacemakers, they think they are fooling God and the common people... but Allah in surah Bakarah(chapter2, Quran) answers them and says: nay, but they are only fooling themselves!!!!*

i am not sure if i made my ideas clear...but i don't see any other potential reasons behind mass attack on public...or how it can be justified...because this is not something ignorable..this is not something which happens once...it REPEATS, and that's what is more disturbing about it...
Old July 24, 2009, 10:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

A very good thread!
Would Allah forgive me for performing cruelty and pain upon another of HIS living creation that HE, Allah created himself and gave precious life to it Himself?!
We are mis guided and misformed in a human society where our mind and body is plagued with hate, lies. torture, fakeness, plastic, back-stabbing, corruption, dishonesty, unfaithfulness to your family and to yourself, excessive lust, greed, murder, lack of compassion, lack of empathy, far from the good nature, impatience etc. All these are visible in the lives of these terrorists' and their organizations' minds. Truly these people are disconnected with Allah...they are disturbed induviduals who are simply big on the verbal rituals and nothing on true soul searching and conecting his real inner-self with the Ever beautiful Allah, our creator! If they did, they could not have nonchalantly or even just hatefuly stop another living being's life, stop that heart, Wow, end of a dream, Bam! Hindu or Moslem, poor or rich, gay or brown! Because the Islam I see and get energized by that must teaches love and bonding and excepting and caring for all living being because He created them. I simply understand it this way, hurting or killing God's creation is same as hurting and killing God.
Old July 24, 2009, 11:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
A very good thread!
We are mis guided and misformed in a human society where our mind and body is plagued with hate, lies. torture, fakeness, plastic, back-stabbing, corruption, dishonesty, unfaithfulness to your family and to yourself, excessive lust, greed, murder, lack of compassion, lack of empathy, far from the good nature, impatience etc. ... I simply understand it this way, hurting or killing God's creation is same as hurting and killing God.
Appreciate your post BK Bhai.

Definitely we have some Philanthropists also in the society who would time to time come to the rescue of the hatreds. A Chilean-Canadian friend of mine once gifted me a book on Mother Teresa. It was she who definitely revolutionized the infidel minds of general sub-continental stereotypes from the hatred to the low caste, leprosy infected and all other mystery ridden populace.

Our time has suffered too much within this era. It has seen too many wars, ambushes, cues, militancy and corruptions in both parts of the circle. There was a time when UN was very vocal and a strong organization which although having the most popular Chair of all time has shown incompetency as well inadequacy in handling international issues let alone internal ones recently.

Today the society members has become vehemently ambitious and impassioned to achieve goals no matter how deteriorating that might be for one's surrounding. It is the greedy nature of capitalism which hurts the well-being it brings to society. Probably the constant downturn of world economy playing a backdoor role into such poisonous hindrance deteriorating the human advancement further more.

While decades ago leaders would spare their time thinking about science, literature and inquisitively looking for ways to promoting technology and preferment of cultural uplift, for last few years we are experiencing a derision within instead individual exertion for a specified purpose has led the ill-fated general people to be deprived of all the well being deserved rather become victim to such delusions of chosen few.
Old July 25, 2009, 01:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Listening to the conversation of the gunmen and their mastermind is truly terrifying...