facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Anamul Haque Get Senior Team Cap Immediately?
Yes (all 3 formats) 10 18.18%
Yes (Tests only) 4 7.27%
Yes (Tests + ODIs) 14 25.45%
Yes (ODIs only) 6 10.91%
Not yet 21 38.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 28, 2012, 01:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default Should Anamul Haque Get a Senior Team Cap Immediately?

BC seems polarized...simple question...where do you stand?

#OneTeam1Dream

Old August 28, 2012, 01:54 AM
BC Editorial Team

I'll answer when people can agree on who should be dropped.
Old August 28, 2012, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
I think you ask the reverse question. Who makes it in no questions asked and then who are the also rans fighting for the remaining spots.
Old August 28, 2012, 01:58 AM
Banned

don't know what cap he should be given, but he definitely needs to be around the team/team training 24/7
Old August 28, 2012, 02:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

in the test and ODI squads for sure imo, i'd probably play him to.
Old August 28, 2012, 02:28 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
From the current T20 team bound for Sri Lanka, I'd rather drop Farhad Reza and bring Anamul in. Reza has little chance to make it to the playing XI and I'd rather have the likes of Anamul to travel with the team and get sort of used to the environments of the international cricket by acclimatize himself.

I think he might get a chance in the WI series come this November.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 28, 2012, 02:30 AM
BC Editorial Team

Z bhai, I have the order the way I prefer. We have a settled side going into T20 - one of Ash or Junaid to partner TIK up the order. Shakfu @ 3. Nasir, Mushy, Riyadh and Zia will float for slots 4-7. Sunny at 8. Mash at 9. Shafi at 10 and Razzak at 11.

So who goes out for Anam? If you want to drop a pacer (say Shafi) then one of Jahurul or Ash or Junaid would still get my nod.
Old August 28, 2012, 02:31 AM
BC Editorial Team

Rabz - Reza is playing the backup medium pace AR role. It is clear that Pybus favors having one in the side for balance.
Old August 28, 2012, 02:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Z bhai, I have the order the way I prefer. We have a settled side going into T20 - one of Ash or Junaid to partner TIK up the order. Shakfu @ 3. Nasir, Mushy, Riyadh and Zia will float for slots 4-7. Sunny at 8. Mash at 9. Shafi at 10 and Razzak at 11.

So who goes out for Anam? If you want to drop a pacer (say Shafi) then one of Jahurul or Ash or Junaid would still get my nod.
Anam to play musical chairs with Ash/Junaed. Other than that - I can't fault your lineup for the T20s - given Rubel is still injured (he would have replaced Kate Moss).

Last edited by Zunaid; August 28, 2012 at 03:22 AM..
Old August 28, 2012, 03:15 AM
BC Editorial Team

Gelo Z bhai's street cred with that typo. Joldi fix it - I know you meant Rubel but the young'uns don't know you that well
Old August 28, 2012, 03:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Gelo Z bhai's street cred with that typo. Joldi fix it - I know you meant Rubel but the young'uns don't know you that well
Danke for the face saver.
Old August 28, 2012, 03:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I. T20Is

1. Tamim
2. Mtin/Imrze
3. Bijauy
4. Shakib/Riyad/Shouraubh
5. Riyad/Shakib
6. Mit'hu/Nasir
7. Nasir/Mit'hu
8. Rumman

II. ODIs

1. Tamim
2. Mtin/Imrze/KaEdge
3. Bijauy
4. Riyad/Shouraubh
5. Shakib
6. Mit'hu/Nasir
7. Nasir/Mit'hu
8. Hom

III. Tests

1. Tamim
2. Mtin/Imrze
3. Bijauy
4. Riyad/Shouraubh
5. Shakib
6. Mit'hu
7. Nasir
8. Hom
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 28, 2012, 03:57 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

He is a huge prospect for us. I would be willing to take my time and let him develop further (couple more years) before throwing him into the big leagues
Old August 28, 2012, 04:08 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
He is a huge prospect for us. I would be willing to take my time and let him develop further (couple more years) before throwing him into the big leagues
I am with magician. Must get few A team tour also practice regularly with national squad like they did for Nasir. Yea 2 years or may be next winter.
Old August 28, 2012, 04:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Rabz - Reza is playing the backup medium pace AR role. It is clear that Pybus favors having one in the side for balance.
Yes, it is indeed. But I thought since Reza would most likely be restricted to warm the bench, I'd rather have some young prospects doing that. Anamul's inclusion in the national team is inevitable, a question of when not if.

Quote:

That should pretty much be the line up.
About dropping Shafi (if they do), I say why not play Reza instead ??
After all, he is there as a pace AR and neither Shafi/Reza would get more than 2 overs to bowl (3 on their good day). Reza 'could' bat a bit as well.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 28, 2012, 04:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Even my indian friends reckon that Anamul is going to be big and is a special talent. They made that assumption purely based on the fact that he topped the run scoring charts in conditions that he has never played in. And also on the fact that the 2nd highest run getter was almost 80 runs away from Anamul (which is quite a considerable amount).
Old August 28, 2012, 05:13 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

I don't think it is ever a problem to 'blood' someone in International cricket, as long as he is supported and allowed to develop without crazy expectations from everyone.

Ian Bell for example was brought in and told by Duncan Fletcher (the then Head Coach) that Bell would get 5 Test matches at least and so to relax and play his natural game. This is the type of man management that helps a young kid coming into a difficult environment.

Secondly, it is always easier to bring in young talent when it's a winning changing room rather than a losing one. The habit of winning and believing the players are winners, is vital if the new lads want to thrive.

I said previously that Anamul had something special about him, almost fearless. The entire time with the DG at the BPL I told him not to be like most Bangladesh national players and just settle for ODI cricket - but to become the best and stay focused and professional. I strongly believe it is what's in his head that will determine his success. We have all see this with Ash for ourselves.

So the message is, he is good enough to play. Introduce him when possible because he is a talent. Keep expectations low for him and support him regardless early on. It's a massive step up from BD cricket to world class standings and it will take time. But let him make mistakes as they will make him stronger.

I am sure he isn't the only good youngster we will see emerge during the next year or so
Old August 28, 2012, 05:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Not yet. No need to rush. He is a great prospect for Bangladesh, no doubt. He has been doing quite well but honestly, i don't want him in the National team right now. Since Richard McInnes is here, i want him to get proper nurture and guidance from Richard before we consider him for National team.

I say, let him play in FC, BPL, High Performance Tours for at least 1-2 years. Increase his hunger for success more. National team place shouldn't be for granted. Its too bad that we are letting jodu modu to play in national team, but that's it. Now, we need to change the pattern. For any youngster to get into national team, he has to consistently perform in FC, foreign tours till 22-23. No more under 21 kids in National team.
Old August 28, 2012, 06:37 AM
Test Cricketer

al-furqan bhai ....i want to vote for limited overs only (ODI and t20) atm
Old August 28, 2012, 06:48 AM
Cricket Legend

I voted ODI only. Even that he has a lot to learn. Under 19 would have given him a world of confidence. But its not the same as international cricket, and from what can judge from his interview he already knows that. So working at the academy and a few more A team tours will do him a lot of good before pushing him into the deep end. Remember Shakib also spent a lot of time in the high performance unit before he got a shot.
Old August 28, 2012, 07:01 AM
Cricket Legend

No, since he was tried and he failed miserably...

Also this is based on performance in U19 WC where most players have almost no FC experience. He is an amazing prospect but I do believe he needs a little more time...
Old August 28, 2012, 07:02 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

In test----Subcontinent=yes,outside=No
in Odi-----yes
In T20----Not yet...this is purely because he looked uncomfortable in zim and also the hasn't done anything significant in t20s, i hate the concept of picking players in one format based on his performance on other
Old August 28, 2012, 07:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Normally, for any other player I would say more grooming is required. for this case, I say he is an exception. Every country has produced cricketers that happens to be "the exception" from time to time.

Go Anamul Go
Old August 28, 2012, 08:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Yes. On the test series against WI. For 2 reasons,1) check his FC records 2) We are playing at home.
Old August 28, 2012, 08:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I say send him to McInnes for at least a year. Richard will fine tune Anamul even better and then send him to few A and Academy tours. Let him play another season of DPL and then see where he stands. Other U-19 talents such as Chand and Babar Azam will need to wait another few seasons to get a chance. We don't have that luxury but at least we can give Anamul one season in the domestics.