facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 3, 2009, 01:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I don't like interest. I am a Zim supporter now. You shouldn't forget the feeling of McCullum's on slaught. They finished of 95 in 6 overs. He remained notout 80 (28).

Grace and humility is what we all need. May Zim cricket prosper!! Go beat SA.

I am also Zimb Supporter and hope and wish they win against every one but Bangladesh. But that doesn't mean we have to stay sleepless thinking what will happen when we get bowled out like that. believe me it will happen either way... so lets have fun before our time runs out...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled

Old November 3, 2009, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
My days...what just happened????...I woke up 2 hours after the game and decided to take a little more nap before I start watching the game. And when I came to my laptop, it's all over. Disgusted I am! Wanted to watch a match after 2 days' break.....but anyways, good to be part of the record book sometimes, and this was one...good one tigers. Need to catch the highlights now.
The whole match was a highlight. You are better of sticking to the original.
Old November 3, 2009, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I did watch it live (all of it) and yes you're right, it wasn't a 44-run surface. 200 was gettable, but then you have to know how to play spin. Zimbabwe batted really, really poorly and there was absolutely no intent in their approach. They simply had no clue.

I'm not going to go all out on our batsmen for losing 4 wickets. Seriously, when the target is only 45, it's hard to resist the temptation of trying to finish it off quick. Any other day and I'm sure Tamim wouldn't have tried to sweep everything and Nayeem wouldn't have attempted that. The game was virtually over in the first thrity deliveries of the day. Having said that, I would have liked us to win it by 10 wickets and there's not much of an excuse for that.

But that is definitely not an ODI pitch. Guys like Matsi and even some of our slower bowlers who never turn it by more than an inch were extracting enormous turn, that too at really early stages of either inning. Everything, yes everything was pitching on the stumps and moving away by half a foot - something we don't see everyday from this set of bowlers (barring maybe Shakib in Tests and, well, Ashraful now and then).
I would agree with your assessment. Clay base pitches are usually harder and with some bounce but not so much spin. They tend to not keep low or are not slow off the pitch. But this pitch seems to have everything…pretty good bounce even for a short bowler like Nazmul, good seam movement (I thought the ball that took Coventry’s wicket was a beauty, even the best batsmen in the world would’ve fallen for it), odd ones kept low as well without any visible wear and tear on the pitch. If this pitch had any hint of green (not sure grass and clay can be a good mix for a pitch) this would’ve been a perfect pitch to practice on before going to NZ.
Old November 3, 2009, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
If we play on this pitch, we can get ENG all out for around 15-20[20 if pieterson plays]

I vote your avatar to be the best I have seen in BC since I joined. thank you for a good laugh
Old November 3, 2009, 02:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
I vote your avatar to be the best I have seen in BC since I joined. thank you for a good laugh
i second that