facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 28, 2007, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi
Default Who is our 2nd opener?

Bangladesh is two warm-up games away from their 2007 World Cup adventure and guess what we still haven't found our 2nd opener. Shahriar Nafees is our first opener and one of the most important batsman in our batting lineup. But we are still not decided on who will open with him in the game against India on 17th. Lets look at the options we have:

Tamim: When Bangladesh departed for WI, it was his job to lose and he is doing quite well to do just that. So far, he played in both of the practice matches and scored 22 runs. He can score quickly but he is still very unexperienced. He has only 4 odis behind him and looks like a project in progress. Another failure or two and we might see someone else opening with Shahriar Nafees against India.

Rajin: He has been taken on the squad as a backup middle order but he will be my choice if Tamim has to be dropped ahead of Javed Omar. He is a good fielder and can do little bit of offspin. He has played well in opening slot before and is currently on form.

Javed Omar: I am not sure why he is in the squad but since he is here, I will be happy to see him carry drinks. He is a good fielder and we can use him as a 12th man. I rather have Rajin open with Shahriar Nafees than him.

Tamim's inclusion in the side was too early but it's a mistake that can't be corrected now. The question remains do we go with him against India eventhough he failed to show anything in the international level just yet. He can score quickly and him scoring runs against India may help us pull off a surprise win. But what's the probability of that happening? He is still very raw and struggling against "parar" bowling of Bermuda and Canada. What's the probability of him finding his form against much better bowlers like Zaheer Khan or Munaf Patel? Do we really have to play this "jodi laiga jay" game?

Discuss.