facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 11, 2006, 10:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default U-19 : Transforming to the next level

Its a sad day for me!
Its a sad day for all of us!
I was hoping so much!

I had not raised my expectation this high since Akram Khan's team beat Kenya to triumph the ICC. In that occassion they made me proud. Thats the day I remember...an ever-non-smoker me tasted tobaco for the first and last time (litton, are you there?).

I am disappointed.

I was happy with the first round, not because our boys played to their level or to my expectations, but because they won. They struggled with the bat in every game. Our bowlers outperformed our expectations.

Is this the U-19 team we are used to seeing? Look at the statistics here. Except for Mushfiq and Mehrab, no one really performed. Some did - but against Uganda. All failed miserably against England.

I am wondering - is this the begining of the transformation to the next level? Is this the sign of the energy, spirit and success turning into nightmares of failures in the highest level (national team)? Have they started emulating their national counterparts?

Or, maybe, they realized that inconsistency is not an issue for being included in the national team!

Old February 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Well, thanks to the BD national team, I am immune to all loss now. A win makes me happy, but any loss does not make sad, I am numb.

This Under 19 was not a good team as I posted few days ago in the who you pick for the nation team poll thread, but this U-19 team had a great team work, which was pulling those victories without much individual performences.

Be happy that we won all group matches, be really happy that we made it to the super league. Dont be sad for being out, it was inevitable without a strong top order batting and wicker taking pace attack.
Old February 11, 2006, 12:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

The Bangladesh U-19 are still Cubs, they are not full grown Tigers yet, which is they couldn't live up to our expectations.
Old February 11, 2006, 12:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

I wanted to say 'দেখো, আমরাও পারি৷' but we were eaten by lions.
Old February 11, 2006, 12:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I guess this is what we get being a bangladeshi...

I think we expected too much, at least this was better than last time and in next wc we have to progress one more step, but we expected to go all the way in one attempt..... Hopefully the BD organizers will keep up the good work and please govt people stop putting so much pressure on to this little people. I can't believe when i hard that the cheif selector went to srilanka to do what? to put more pressure? also the coach said some thing about calls coming in from bd. We need to stop these for our own good next time around....
Old February 11, 2006, 12:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

This is our culture and you can not deny that.Players have to adjust and learn how to perform under pressure.

our top orders have been showing poor forms for a long time and this is coming from not been able to handle pressure.

We are loosing 4/5 wicket withing 50/60 runs which is not acceptable.How many time poor M.Rahim could save us.He already did it twice out of four outings.

Whenever these poor kids score 80/90 runs we start a thread here for national team entry.How silly those notions are .

Its our culture what else I CAN SAY ....
Old February 11, 2006, 01:14 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I wouldn't really be so very frustrated. Maybe our team lost this match... but that doesn't change the fact that they are still one of the strongest teams in the league.

Yes, they are strong.. but hei.. they are not invincible! Every team that wins a lot of matches... also lose some matches on some bad days. The heartbreaking thing is that the match that our U-19 side lost happened to be a knock-out match in WC quarter-finals. But again... that doesn't change the fact that this is one of the brightest-ever sides that we have had in our cricket history! I am sure these young lads will go a long way in coming future.

This match will remain as a BIG UPSET in the record book of this U-19 WC tourney... have no doubt on that! Lets not start calling heads of these teens and lets congratulate them for as far as they could go... and ofcourse for the promises they have been able to demonstrate. Lets not lose faith just because they fell in one match.. because every team that wins.. also hase to face defeats.... even the strongest Aussies have been beaten by the Weakest Bangladeshies on their bad day.
Old February 11, 2006, 01:28 PM
Administrator

We have to teach the fans how to perform under pressure. There is a difference between desire and expectation.

The U-19 team may not have not achieved the desired result but tehy have defnitely achieved what was expected of them.

My congrats to the U-19 team for reching the Super League.
Old February 11, 2006, 01:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Forget about the whole thing. This is under-19 level and this thing happens. If we start "morakanna" for this, then that will do no good for the boys. Dont put too much pressure on these yourng shoulders. Let's just completely forget about this.

Advantages of losing by a winning team at this level:

1. The boys will be more professional
2. The poloitical leaders and out of mind fans wont screw their heads
3. We wont say that our test status was given at the right time

Edited on, February 11, 2006, 6:32 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.
Old February 11, 2006, 04:57 PM
First Class Cricketer

anyways,we can still expect that our u-19 boys will learn how to overcome this kind of disaster and thereby they will be well prepared when they get in the national team.
Old February 11, 2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

এত কান্নাকাটির কিছু নাই। ওরা ভালই করেছে। সুপার লীগ-এ চান্স পেয়েছে সেটাই বড় অর্জন। যদিও সবার আরো অনেক চাওয়া ছিল, কি আর করা; এটুকু নিয়েই আপাতত সন্তুষ্ট থাকতে হবে।

টপ অর্ডার ঠিক করতে না পারলে ভবিষ্যতে মহা বিপদ!
Old February 12, 2006, 05:06 AM
Cricket Legend

I am so much heartbroke that I did not saw any news on cricket for the last 24hrs. May be we were too hyped may be we had a bad day. My congratulation to the boys but thier fault is not entirely on them. A glance of the first 3 matches reveal
1. we wereing giving too many wides. I heard Mr Winter is Fast Bowling coach. So I have serious concern about his quality of coaching. If he can not reduce wides of fast bowlers being a fast bowling coach, how could he teach other skills.
2. In every matches our top order fail. Faruq - the cheif selector and a top batsman himself, did he took any initiative to rectify those?
3. Undoubtly Mussy was the best batsman of the team. Why he was continiuosly send at number 6. All over the world best batsman of the team playing at top. Why he was not send at 3 /4 when both openers returned. As we saw in evry match, his presence calm the nerves of the other batsman in the crease. So may be the collapse could have been avoided.
4. Our top order was full of stroke makers. Why grafters were not send.

My comments may look like sour grape, but I think it is a legitimate concern.
Old February 12, 2006, 07:30 AM
Club Cricketer

সবাই চাই তার দল জিতুক। সবার মতো আমি খুব হতাশ। তাদের ধন্যবাদ তারা শেষ ৮ গেছে। শুধু একটা দিন খারাপ গেছে।

Old February 12, 2006, 02:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bdboy
সবাই চাই তার দল জিতুক। সবার মতো আমি খুব হতাশ। তাদের ধন্যবাদ তারা শেষ ৮ গেছে। শুধু একটা দিন খারাপ গেছে।

তোমাদের সবাইকে ধন্যবাদ। আমি খুব ভাল বোধ করছি এখন। জয় হোক বাংলাদেশের।
Old February 12, 2006, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally posted by thebest
I am so much heartbroke that I did not saw any news on cricket for the last 24hrs.
Same here. I didn't even come to banglacricket for 2 days.
Old February 14, 2006, 06:54 AM
Test Cricketer

bangla ki bhabe likhe?
Old February 14, 2006, 07:02 AM
ODI Cricketer

The Bangladeshi U19 team had one bad game and that ended it all for them in this World Cup. But they are still the very good side they are.

This form should be taken to the senior level.

Looking at the performances of the U17 and U19 teams of Bangladesh in recent times, I feel the level of Junior Cricket is very high in Bangladesh. That augers well for the future, provided that Cricket Bangladesh does a good job.

Edited on, February 14, 2006, 12:03 PM GMT, by abherath.