facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 9, 2010, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.
Default The last line to YOUR unwritten novel

I found this on the writer's digest website, and thought it'd be amazing if BC-ites participated in it. So basically here's the prompt:

"Write the last line to an unwritten novel that's so intriguing that others won't help but want to read the book."

Now, "line" could be 500 words or fewer.

Here's mine:

Quote:
The last of the Elders vanished near the makeshift horizon, attracting all light – down to the last photon – to a brilliant singular point of convergence.

Darkness. Blinding darkness.

She stood alone, suspended in a floating fragment of nihility, the sole remnant of bygone times when glory and ignominy, victory and defeat, love and heartbreak, envy and empathy – all mattered. Existence became a relative word.

In the end, too, there was nothing.

Suffocated by black of the crepuscular depths of oblivion, in a split moment of heresy, she exclaimed “Let there be light!”

And there was light – once more.
Old January 9, 2010, 02:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Does it have to be fiction?
Quote:
Hence, determinant. Q.E.D. Self-Awareness of Hermitian Matrix: An Innovative Approach to
Mathematics
non-fiction

C'est tout! The length of the books is as short as the last and only line of Orpheus's sexual adventure fiction

And as the martyr swung the knife, he deftly avoided to the left bisecting his central axis and then jabbing a double punch combo straight in his face, swiveled around with a rope to lasso across his opponent only to see that he was fighting his own shadow in everyone all along....under one illumination. St Francis of Assissi in the Hanging Gardens of Babylon fiction

Then Huda Begum became a vampire's heiress and went away to Bygone! CSI: Tranzania: Valentine Ice Massacre fiction duh

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 9, 2010, 02:10 AM
Cricket Legend

No, it doesn't have to be fiction. But it has to be something you write YOURSELF. Not your "favorite novel endings." I can't tell if the ones you have are your writing or if they are from other books.
Old January 9, 2010, 02:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
No, it doesn't have to be fiction. But it has to be something you write YOURSELF. Not your "favorite novel endings." I can't tell if the ones you have are your writing or if they are from other books.
Cool. That means I passed with flying colors in the art of deception. I just wrote them in like five minutes after I saw your thread.

Old January 9, 2010, 02:11 AM
Cricket Savant

yo E I like that light line of yours. Others were dope too. Second one I found a tad bit nihilistic for my taste so I vote it thumbs down. Although I'd be tempted to buy all three....

May be you should try your hand at writing..

Old January 9, 2010, 02:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
yo E I like that light line of yours. Others were dope too. Second one I found a tad bit nihilistic for my taste so I vote it thumbs down. Although I'd be tempted to buy all three....

May be you should try your hand at writing..
Bro, they weren't separate ... the WHOLE thing was my ending lol. Like I said, by "line" i meant it could be 500 words or fewer. It doesn't have to be technically a "line."
Old January 9, 2010, 02:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Oh now I get it. I misread you. Thought you wrote three separate endings to novels....my bad.

Old January 9, 2010, 11:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
I found this on the writer's digest website, and thought it'd be amazing if BC-ites participated in it. So basically here's the prompt:

"Write the last line to an unwritten novel that's so intriguing that others won't help but want to read the book."

Now, "line" could be 500 words or fewer.

Here's mine:
Quote:
The last of the Elders vanished near the makeshift horizon, attracting all light – down to the last photon – to a brilliant singular point of convergence.

Darkness. Blinding darkness.

She stood alone, suspended in a floating fragment of nihility, the sole remnant of bygone times when glory and ignominy, victory and defeat, love and heartbreak, envy and empathy – all mattered. Existence became a relative word.

In the end, too, there was nothing.

Suffocated by black of the crepuscular depths of oblivion, in a split moment of heresy, she exclaimed “Let there be light!”

And there was light – once more.
Wow, I that was beautiful. A very stimulating style of writing that.