facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 15, 2010, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib
Default Ten tough years in test cricket

The ever dedicated and always optimistic about Bangladesh cricket, Andrew Miller comes up with a really good article about how Bangladesh have now spent 10 years amongst the elites.
Ten tough years for Bangladesh

Source: Cricinfo.

Old November 15, 2010, 03:58 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Andrew miller always write positively about BD..loved the article
thanks besideshi vai

there is a simple line in the article that nobodies(the so calls cric experts) understands
Quote:
To blame Bangladesh for that initial failing, however, is like punishing a toddler for flunking its A-levels
Old November 15, 2010, 04:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Nice reading.

Could not agree more with these statements -

Quote:
Less than three decades after a bloody war of liberation had left the nation traumatised and face-down in the global gutter, Bangladesh had secured entry into a singularly elite club.
Quote:
the passion that Bangladesh puts into its cricket cannot be under-estimated, and nor indeed can the country's sheer volume of support. Those who have witnessed the unfettered joy that accompanies every rare victory will confirm ad nauseum how much potential lurks within the country
Quote:
The future looks especially bleak for the internecine West Indies and the exiled Pakistan; New Zealand is experiencing a crisis of relevance in the modern game, and if Zimbabwe's rehabilitation is finally in full swing, then South Africa's search for an heir to Makhaya Ntini could be the story of their coming decade.By contrast Bangladesh - with their massive population and saintly levels of internal goodwill - could be said to have it easy.
Old November 15, 2010, 05:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Andrew miller always write positively about BD..loved the article
thanks besideshi vai

there is a simple line in the article that nobodies(the so calls cric experts) understands
I think Tamim is Andrew Miller's favourite batsman, Andrew has mentioned Tamim very frequently in his articles.
Also, I could not agree more with the article, I always thought the elevation was wrong and unjust. We did not have a single test class player, we lacked experience in domestic first class cricket, yet based on a single day's performance we were given the nod.

I know we had potentials, huge fan base etc etc. But it was like seeing a promising 14 year old in school cricket and then suddenly putting him in the test team. The 14 year old boy[i.e. Bangladesh] had to learn very basic stuff when he was in the test team, where if he went through the normal process of academies, A team, state teams he would debut at 21-22 and be prepared for the highest level.
Old November 16, 2010, 07:31 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

had to add one more thing from the article
Quote:
India, whose support for their fledgling neighbour is so underwhelming that they have never yet hosted Bangladesh in a bilateral contest of any length, gladly took receipt of an extra ICC vote, and with a four-square Asian Bloc behind them, set about transforming the priorities of the world game. When Bangladesh's quest for self-worth collided with India's pursuit of self-interest, a marriage of expediency ensued, and an erosion of the game's traditional values has been in evidence ever since.
Old November 16, 2010, 09:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^^^i likes!!!!!