facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 19, 2010, 05:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

Bagerhat awaits Rubel's return

Our Correspondent, Khulna

Rubel Hossain, m-of-the-match of the match that helped Bangladesh whitewash New Zealand in the Micromax ODI series, has become talk of Bagerhat, his home town. Rubel hails from Nagerbazar under Bagerhat Sadar Police station.

Youngest of the five siblings, Rubel awaits a heroic reception when he comes home, said his proud parents Molla Abul Bakar Siddique and Rabejan Bibi.

"Playing cricket was his hobby since his boyhood. We often rebuked him for not attending his studies and in stead playing cricket. We failed to convince him that education is more important than cricket," said his proud his parents.

"My son started achieving success in cricket in the last two to three years. I was overwhelmed with joy seeing him lead his country to the great victory by bowling out New Zealand batsman.

"Hundreds of men and women from Bagerhat town and remote come to our house every now and then to congratulate us for the way our son won the game against New Zealand," Abu Bakar Siddique said.

His elder brothers Kabir Hossain and Shagor Hossain deal in fisheries while two sisters Beauty and Bilkis are housewives.

"We are proud of our loving brother Rubel who has enabled Bangladesh to win the war of bat and ball in the ODI series at Mirpur", they said.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=159146

so there you have it folks.... sports >> education

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old October 20, 2010, 03:03 AM
Administrator

Thread stuck for the duration of the league
Old October 20, 2010, 04:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Default Squads

Rajshahi Squad

রাজশাহী দল: খালেদ মাসুদ (অধিনায়ক), জহুরুল ইসলাম (সহ-অধিনায়ক), জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিক, ফরহাদ হোসেন, নাঈম ইসলাম, নাসির হোসেন, মুশফিকুর রহিম, সাব্বির রহমান, মোহাম্মদ সোহরাওয়ার্দী, দেলোয়ার হোসেন, শফিউল ইসলাম, সাকলাইন সজীব, শুভাশিস রায়, মুক্তার আলী ও ফরহাদ রেজা। কোচ: শাহনেওয়াজ শহীদ (শানু)।

Khulna:
Imrul Kayes, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Dolar Mahmud, Tushar Imran, Robiul Islam, Sahgir Hossain Pavel(wk, capt), Nazmus Sadat, Mithun Ali(wk, VC), Amit Majumdar, Ripon, Ziaur Rahman, Farid Uddin, Biswanath Hauladar.
Note: Shakib and Rubel will not take part in phase one.

Dhaka
Shamsur Rahman, Rony Taluqdar, Anamul Hoque (wk), Mohammad Ashraful, Marshal Ayub, Mahmudullah Riyad, Shubagoto Hom, Uttam Kumar, Talha Jubair, Mohammad Sharif, Ilias Sunny, Mosharaf Hossain Rubel, Nur Hossan Munna and Mahbubul Alam if Shahadat Hossain fails the fitness test.
Note: Raqibul Hasan is dropped from the squad because of slow scoring rate. Mohammad Rafique is recovering from Typhoid.

Last edited by Murad; October 20, 2010 at 05:37 PM..
Old October 20, 2010, 04:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Not happy to see Rajshahi dropping Alauddin Babu and Sajidul Islam.
Old October 20, 2010, 07:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Where is Nazmul Hossain Milon? How come he is not in any squad?
Old October 20, 2010, 07:13 PM
Cricket Sage

We need to get the new District in to this league as soon as possible. There are enough players available to make up a decent team for them.
Old October 20, 2010, 07:21 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
We need to get the new District in to this league as soon as possible. There are enough players available to make up a decent team for them.
All will be resolved once Rangpur is allowed to have a team plus throw in BKSP and you have 8 teams. Put them in 2 division of four or in 2 groups.
Old October 20, 2010, 11:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
All will be resolved once Rangpur is allowed to have a team plus throw in BKSP and you have 8 teams. Put them in 2 division of four or in 2 groups.
IMO, BCB Academy is a better contender for the 8th slot. However, Barisal team should be desolved. Dhaka should field two teams - Dhaka Metropolis and Dhaka Division (like they did in first edition of NCL), instead of fielding their excess players under Barisal's banner.
Old October 20, 2010, 11:43 PM
Administrator

I probably am going to get hounded out of BC but there was one Ershad suggestion for provincial reorganization of Bangladesh that could be the basis of a new reorg of the National League.

We had discussed the province idea here on BC:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...nargaon+ershad

The suggested provinces were: Northern, Barendra, Jahangirnagar, Jalalbad, Chattala, Mainamati, Jahanabad and Chandradwip.

Rather than the boring Dhaka, Sylhet, Barisalet al divisions, we could actually chose the more innovative names above (that should probably inculcate more public interest). Give those teams a catchy nickname and there you go. Of course, the borders of the NCL divisions need not be as outlined in the map - we will still have a bad Barisal.

We may reduce them to 6 and add in the Academy and BKSP.

Barendra Baghs vs Chattala Cheetas would be a great match to see.
Old October 21, 2010, 12:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I probably am going to get hounded out of BC but there was one Ershad suggestion for provincial reorganization of Bangladesh that could be the basis of a new reorg of the National League.

We had discussed the province idea here on BC:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...nargaon+ershad

The suggested provinces were: Northern, Barendra, Jahangirnagar, Jalalbad, Chattala, Mainamati, Jahanabad and Chandradwip.

Rather than the boring Dhaka, Sylhet, Barisalet al divisions, we could actually chose the more innovative names above (that should probably inculcate more public interest). Give those teams a catchy nickname and there you go. Of course, the borders of the NCL divisions need not be as outlined in the map - we will still have a bad Barisal.

We may reduce them to 6 and add in the Academy and BKSP.

Barendra Baghs vs Chattala Cheetas would be a great match to see.
Like it boss, and the teams should look for local companies as sponsor.
Old October 21, 2010, 02:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
IMO, BCB Academy is a better contender for the 8th slot. However, Barisal team should be desolved. Dhaka should field two teams - Dhaka Metropolis and Dhaka Division (like they did in first edition of NCL), instead of fielding their excess players under Barisal's banner.
When you add Academy you are actually taking better players from divisions. specially Rajshahi and Dhaka will weakened.
Old October 21, 2010, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i really hope that ntv or channel i will broadcast this time!atn SUCKS!!!btw,the matches will be showed in tv,right?
Old October 21, 2010, 05:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i really hope that ntv or channel i will broadcast this time!atn SUCKS!!!btw,the matches will be showed in tv,right?
I doubt there will be any channel televising the NCL.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old October 21, 2010, 08:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Planning on catching Shubhagoto Hommie in all of the Dhaka games at the SBNS.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 21, 2010, 01:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Planning on catching Shubhagoto Hommie in all of the Dhaka games at the SBNS.
Can we expect match reports and observations then?
Old October 21, 2010, 02:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
When you add Academy you are actually taking better players from divisions. specially Rajshahi and Dhaka will weakened.
What I meant to say is BCB should field a team under Academy banner comprising most talented players that are not being picked by Divisional teams (like Shaker was last season), like Unicorns in English County league, instead of fielding a team comprising BKSP students.
Old October 21, 2010, 02:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
What I meant to say is BCB should field a team under Academy banner comprising most talented players that are not being picked by Divisional teams (like Shaker was last season), like Unicorns in English County league, instead of fielding a team comprising BKSP students.
I see your point. Currently with all the discards BCB can form a reasonable team.

So far the list looks like.

Alauddin Babu: I am really disappointed not to see his name.
Sajidul Islam, Mehrab Jnr, Najmul Hussain Milon, Sanjamul Islam and there is probably more.

Khulna have dropped Shomo Sharker and Taposh Gosh

Last edited by MohammedC; October 21, 2010 at 02:50 PM..
Old October 21, 2010, 11:47 PM
Cricket Legend

it's great to see that there are soo many good players in this country that some talented and experienced ones have to sit out...
Old October 21, 2010, 11:48 PM
Cricket Legend

sohel bhai,amader dabi apne homer shob kisu,mathat theke paa porjonto,eikhane eshe report korben please.she ki ronger muja porse theke shuru kore shob kisu!
Old October 21, 2010, 11:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Can we expect match reports and observations then?
Definitely
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old October 22, 2010, 12:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
sohel bhai,amader dabi apne homer shob kisu,mathat theke paa porjonto,eikhane eshe report korben please.she ki ronger muja porse theke shuru kore shob kisu!
wow, someone's got a crush...

what would Tamim say???

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 22, 2010, 11:18 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

no scorecard yet?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old October 22, 2010, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Nadim, tournament ekhono start hoinai. Ajke raate start hobe.
Old October 22, 2010, 04:29 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Rajshahi v Khulna match preview (kind of)

১২তম জাতীয় ক্রিকেট লীগ
আজ বগুড়ায় তারকায় ভরা রাজশাহীর বিপক্ষে মাঠে নামছে আন্ডারডগ খুলনা
মোস্তফা মোঘল, বগুড়া অফিস : ১২তম জাতীয় ক্রিকেট লীগ-২০১০ এর একদিনের প্রতিযোগিতার উদ্বোধন হচ্ছে আজ। এবারের লীগের প্রথম একদিনের ম্যাচে বগুড়ার শহীদ চাঁন্দু স্টেডিয়ামে আজ মুখোমুখী হচ্ছে তারকায় ভরা রাজশাহী বিভাগীয় ক্রিকেট দল ও আন্ডারডগ খুলনা বিভাগ। সকাল ৯টায় ম্যাচ শুরু হবে। দর্শকরা বিনা টিকিটে খেলা উপভোগের সুযোগ পাচ্ছে বলে জানিয়েছে জেলা ক্রীড়া সংস্থা।
এবারের জাতীয় ক্রিকেট লীগের খেলোয়াড় তালিকায় চোখ বুলালে অবাক না হয়ে উপায় নেই। বিসিবি যখন ক্রিকেটকে রাজধানী কেন্দ্রিক করার আপ্রাণ চেষ্টা চালাচ্ছে ঠিক সেই মুহূর্তে রাজশাহী বিভাগীয় দলের দিকে তাকালে মনে হবে বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট যেন রাজশাহীকে ঘিরেই আবর্তিত হচ্ছে! অবাক হলেন? শুনুন তাহলে- রাজশাহী বিভাগীয় ক্রিকেট দলের অধিনায়ক হচ্ছেন খালেদা মাসুদ পাইলট। এক সময় যার কাঁধে ছিল বাংলাদেশ জাতীয় ক্রিকেট দলের অধিনায়কের বোঝা। দলে আছেন বর্তমান জাতীয় দলের ৬ জন তারকা ক্রিকেটার। এরা হলেন- উইকেটকিপার মুশফিকুর রহিম, টপ অর্ডার ব্যাটসম্যান জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকী, নাঈম ইসলাম, সোহরাওয়ার্দি শুভ, শাফিউল ইসলাম সুহাস, জহুরুল ইসলাম অমি। যে দলে জাতীয় দলের ৬ জন তারকা থাকে সেই দলকে টপ ফেভারিট না ভেবে উপায় কি বলুন? সে তুলনায় খুলনা বিভাগে তারকার তেমন কোন ছড়াছড়ি নেই। স্পিনার আব্দুর রাজ্জাক এবং পেসার সৈয়দ রাসেল ছাড়া বর্তমান জাতীয় দলের আর কোন তারকা নেই। তবে দলে আছেন তুষার ইমরান, ডলার মাহমুদ, নাজমুস সাদাতের মত উদীয়মান তারকারা। খুলনার নেতৃত্ব দিচ্ছেন উইকেটকিপার সগীর হোসেন পাভেল।
আজকের ম্যাচের আগে গতকাল বিকেলে দু'দলই শহীদ চাঁন্দু স্টেডিয়ামে অনুশীলন করেছে। তবে অনুশীলনের মাঝেও দু'দলের পার্থক্য চোখে পড়েছে সবার। খুলনার ক্রিকেটাররা যখন নেটে ব্যাট আর বল নিয়ে ঘাম ঝরানোয় ব্যস্ত ঠিক সেই মুহূর্তে আয়েশি ফুটবল খেলে সময় পার করছিলেন রাজশাহী দল। তবে শেষ দিকে তারাও হাল্কা অনুশীলন করেছে। এদিকে বৃহস্পতিবার রাতে হাল্কা বৃষ্টিতে স্টেডিয়ামের আউট ফিল্ড গতকাল কিছুটা ভেজা ছিল। আর কোন বৃষ্টি না হলে আজ নির্ধারিত সময়েই ম্যাচ শুরু হবে বলে জানিয়েছেন শহীদ চাঁন্দু স্টেডিয়ামের ভেন্যু ম্যানেজার জামিলুর রহমান জামিল।

http://www.dailysangram.com/news_det...?news_id=41115
Old October 22, 2010, 04:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Dhaka
Shamsur Rahman, Rony Taluqdar, Anamul Hoque (wk), Mohammad Ashraful, Marshal Ayub, Mahmudullah Riyad, Shubagoto Hom, Uttam Kumar, Talha Jubair, Mohammad Sharif, Ilias Sunny, Mosharaf Hossain Rubel, Nur Hossan Munna and Mahbubul Alam if Shahadat Hossain fails the fitness test.
Note: Raqibul Hasan is dropped from the squad because of slow scoring rate.
Are you serious?! Can you please give us the source of the news?