facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 11, 2010, 01:11 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

those who have watched the countdown function live can give us a better picture of what really went wrong with Mash. but I think (based on the newspapers reports) Mash was nervous coz of the chaos @ the funtion but I dont get why Mash was dressed up like a clown..And as far as Ganguli is concerned I thinnk ganguli was saying things that we wanted to hear. You praise the host, its a norm bro....Did anyone except that stupid Shehwag bash us when they toured BD? We all know that Ganguli is a straight forward guy and I do love him for that but did he ever say anything about India not inviting BD for a test series? As far as I remember it was Ganguli that proposed about two/three layers of test cricket (please forgive me if I am wrong).... amar to mone hoi Bangladesh er upor Attar tan shudhu Bangladesh e ashlei jege uthe, India te ferot gele kothai jai shei attar taan? Aar amrao tader dui ta mishti kothaye shob kisu vule jai..

Old November 11, 2010, 01:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
And only reason Mash was so "uncomfortable" next to SG, because Mash was nervous in front of all that people and as that bangla newspaper said "Ganguly is so nicely dressed up, next to him Mahrafe looks like a comedian"

Don't blame Ganguly for Mash's low self confident. Ganguly helped Mash during his KKR lonely days
Give me the source
Old November 11, 2010, 01:12 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
I talked about SG's advocacy, not participating in the decision making/influencing.
Then why are you dragging him into this?

And so what Shakib or Tamim didn't get picked? Even Shakib doesn't care about it (Tamim does, he is always crying about it like a female-dog, in most of his Interview). So what Ashraful didn't get to play more matches? I would pick Jayasuriya, Malinga, Bravo, JP, over Ashraful any day.

And in that one match Ash and Mash played, they couldn't prove their worth. If they were really great player than they would have proved it. Dont say 1 match doesn't count. In a tournament like IPL, where only 4 players are allowed, 1 match is the biggest chance you will get to show yourself. Just be happy that Ashraful got picked at all. No was picking him, and at last min, he got picked. And if you can judge someone after playing one good match, why can't it be other way around

Stop being so emo. This event and SG has nothing to do with IPL. I don't like IPL, but dont relate this to that here. There is an IPL section
Old November 11, 2010, 01:18 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
How can you call Mash a valueless guy, when he was allowed to play only one game? And that valueless guy is our captain. Very good, very nice.
Obviously you did not read my post clearly, because if you did you wouldn't have asked that question.

Mash was valueless in a contest that KKR were playing in Kolkata.

Read, before and after
Old November 11, 2010, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
those who have watched the countdown function live can give us a better picture of what really went wrong with Mash. but I think (based on the newspapers reports) Mash was nervous coz of the chaos @ the funtion but I dont get why Mash was dressed up like a clown..And as far as Ganguli is concerned I thinnk ganguli was saying things that we wanted to hear. You praise the host, its a norm bro....Did anyone except that stupid Shehwag bash us when they toured BD? We all know that Ganguli is a straight forward guy and I do love him for that but did he ever say anything about India not inviting BD for a test series? As far as I remember it was Ganguli that proposed about two/three layers of test cricket (please forgive me if I am wrong).... amar to mone hoi Bangladesh er upor Attar tan shudhu Bangladesh e ashlei jege uthe, India te ferot gele kothai jai shei attar taan? Aar amrao tader dui ta mishti kothaye shob kisu vule jai..
Well stated , but what can we expect from "knowledgable traitors and Idiots".
Old November 11, 2010, 01:19 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Give me the source
Look around this thread. Look at post #7.

Again, read...
Old November 11, 2010, 01:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Look around this thread. Look at post #7.

Again, read...
Now I got it. thanks.
And calm down and relax. we come here to give our opinions within the board rules, any problems, let the mods know. Learn to live with other's opinion that you may not agree with, and not necessarily.
Cricket should not dictate our life, we should dictate our cricket life.
And have a good night everyone.
Old November 11, 2010, 01:44 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Last edited by Razi; November 11, 2010 at 01:55 AM..
Old November 11, 2010, 01:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
We heard this type of comments/lectures last ten years. I think we need the end of it. But the media needs him to sell their publishings more.

We need more work with our coaches/settings that we have now than advice,

SG is from that country who is not still interested in world's best allrounder and Tamim for IPL, may be because they are Bangladeshi.

SG never talked about it with his sense of fairness or with his love for the country of his ancestors, neither with the IPL nor with the Indian media, now we know who he represents for!

Also we know how our players were treated in IPL. His silence does not tell me he is an advocator of BD cricket.

Now his comments to me are like shedding crocodile tears.

May be, that is why Mash was not feeling comfortable beside him.

But, yes, thanks for the advice even though we have to manage our own home.
Get a life dude....I know some minorities here love to hate india and their players but why dont you just name another country before Last IPL that played a bangladeshi player on their top domestic tournament and paid them handsome cash (600 grand and 50 grand).....
Old November 11, 2010, 02:09 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Now I got it. thanks.
And calm down and relax. we come here to give our opinions within the board rules, any problems, let the mods know. Learn to live with other's opinion that you may not agree with, and not necessarily.
Cricket should not dictate our life, we should dictate our cricket life.
And have a good night everyone.
There is one thing to give your opinion, and wholeee another thing to be a hypocrite.

I don't, none of us sees any reason to drag Ganguly and IPL and India-hating into this. Like I said if you have something against IPL take it in IPL section.

HereWeGo summed it up nicely.
Old November 11, 2010, 02:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
agreed except those line... They misused mash nd ash.. You cant judje a player by playing a single match... And the way buchanon bhave with mash during that ipl season thats unacceptable.. Do u think jp duminiy was (is) a t20 material
that season (still) ?? His strike rate was just above 100 during that whole season! Bt they didnt ash give a single chance bfore the last valueless match..
Misusing Mash..? If he can't bowl well enough to defend 21 freaking runs, why should anyone play him in the IPL? He just needed to bowl decent line and length that's all..
And about JP - average of 30+ and s/r of mid 120's suggest he is indeed a decent t20 player. He was just doing bad then. Check out his 50 vs Pakistan in the last ODI, went crazy during the death overs.

Quote:
What? Shakib became one of the world's 10 best all rounders last year, and last IPL ended in june/July this year, 2010. Tell me how Shakib was not in the lime light?

I talked about SG's advocacy, not participating in the decision making/influencing.

IPL never treated BD players well, Ash was not allowed to play. Mash just played one game, which dd not give enough exposure in this type of mental game, Buchanon misbehaved Ash.
The IPL auctions were held much before. Shakib's all rounder rankings were because of WI & Zim series. He didn't get enough matches against top teams to prove his talent. Now that he's doing brilliant against top teams, I hope he will be selected by KKR or some other team.

Ash was in the MI right? I didn't kno about the buchanan incident and even if he did that was his personal stuff.

And you expect any team to play Mashrafe after his superb outing in that DC match They are only allowed to play 4 intl players and they'd have to be nuts to play MAsh again after that match. Every player picked for teams don't get to play because there are better players waiting for their chances. Atleast ash gets his share by doing nothing. What more can you ask.

About SG's advocacy - he was even ripped of from captaincy, and you think they give jack about his opinion? He has a lot of other stuffs to worry about. Stop playing the victim card for gods sake.
Old November 11, 2010, 02:29 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Then why are you dragging him into this?

And so what Shakib or Tamim didn't get picked? Even Shakib doesn't care about it (Tamim does, he is always crying about it like a female-dog, in most of his Interview). So what Ashraful didn't get to play more matches? I would pick Jayasuriya, Malinga, Bravo, JP, over Ashraful any day.

And in that one match Ash and Mash played, they couldn't prove their worth. If they were really great player than they would have proved it. Dont say 1 match doesn't count. In a tournament like IPL, where only 4 players are allowed, 1 match is the biggest chance you will get to show yourself. Just be happy that Ashraful got picked at all. No was picking him, and at last min, he got picked.And if you can judge someone after playing one good match, why can't it be other way around

Stop being so emo. This event and SG has nothing to do with IPL. I don't like IPL, but dont relate this to that here. There is an IPL section
so what ash got picked at last minute???
if you judge someone after playing one bad match do you think any cricketer will be able play cricket more than 5-10 match???
I would pick ash over JP,bravo anyday And its ur choice whether u will pick jaysuriya or malinga or anything..
Old November 11, 2010, 02:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

mind to watch it !!

Old November 11, 2010, 02:43 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^
Old November 11, 2010, 02:54 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
so what ash got picked at last minute???
if you judge someone after playing one bad match do you think any cricketer will be able play cricket more than 5-10 match???
I would pick ash over JP,bravo anyday And its ur choice whether u will pick jaysuriya or malinga or anything..
So what Ash got picked at the last min? Like I said, he should be glad he got picked at all.

And I clearly said, a tournament like IPL where you are allowed only 4 INT players, 1 match is all you are gonna get.Now it's up to you to prove them that yes you belong there. I clearly said that didn't I?

And no one cares if you would pick Ash over JP or Bravo. It was up to Mumbi management, and they happen to agree with me. It's not just my opinion. And it's not even a matter of opinion, it's a FACT my friend. Ash is a crap player. The fact that new guy (then) like JP was able to gain more faith from them than a guy who played over 200+ INT matches says it all. And who wouldn't pick Malinga or Jayasuria over Ash? They are more established players than Ash. Please don't comment based on bline-fan love

As far as Shakib and Tamim not getting, they weren't as good as they are today. But still they have no T20 record to prove their worth. I don't think they are picking players based on ODI or Test performances. But I am glad that they didn't get picked. The urge made them improve their game. I hope they dont get picked in the next one either.

The only reason you guys think Ash and Mash is all that, because we are Bangladeshi fans. But any neutral cricket fans will disagree. Look at the situation from out side the box, not as a blind loving fan. Please stop making emotional comments. Both of you
Old November 11, 2010, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Misusing Mash..? If he can't bowl well enough to defend 21 freaking runs, why should anyone play him in the IPL? He just needed to bowl decent line and length that's all..
And about JP - average of 30+ and s/r of mid 120's suggest he is indeed a decent t20 player. He was just doing bad then. Check out his 50 vs Pakistan in the last ODI, went crazy during the death overs.

The IPL auctions were held much before. Shakib's all rounder rankings were because of WI & Zim series. He didn't get enough matches against top teams to prove his talent. Now that he's doing brilliant against top teams, I hope he will be selected by KKR or some other team.

Ash was in the MI right? I didn't kno about the buchanan incident and even if he did that was his personal stuff.

And you expect any team to play Mashrafe after his superb outing in that DC match They are only allowed to play 4 intl players and they'd have to be nuts to play MAsh again after that match. Every player picked for teams don't get to play because there are better players waiting for their chances. Atleast ash gets his share by doing nothing. What more can you ask.

About SG's advocacy - he was even ripped of from captaincy, and you think they give jack about his opinion? He has a lot of other stuffs to worry about. Stop playing the victim card for gods sake.
1day nd t20 different thing.. Jp was doing bad then bt they didnt play ash.. why?? Jp was out of team most of the match during last ipl coz of his Sr.. Bt that didnt happen before ipl.. Bowler der akdin kharap jetei pare... T20 te last over e 15-20 run neya to oshomvob kichu nah... Hocche... Nd if u cant expect that on that stage one captain will forget the fielding structure nd gift batsman a free hit..
Old November 11, 2010, 03:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
1day nd t20 different thing.. Jp was doing bad then bt they didnt play ash.. why?? Jp was out of team most of the match during last ipl coz of his Sr.. Bt that didnt happen before ipl.. Bowler der akdin kharap jetei pare... T20 te last over e 15-20 run neya to oshomvob kichu nah... Hocche... Nd if u cant expect that on that stage one captain will forget the fielding structure nd gift batsman a free hit..
I know they are different - thanks. I just said he has the ability to play the big shots, his t20 stats itself are pretty impressive. He was out of form then, that doesn't mean he sucks.

And Mashrafe went for 15, 11, 7, 21 runs respectively - only one good over and rest he sucked. And you tell me he wasn't used well? Didn't pick up a wicket either. When you are played as purely a bowler, you should do much much better than that. 21 runs in last overs is defendable for any decent bowler. Bowling full tosses and short wide half vollies are definitely not the characterisitcs of a good bowler.
Old November 11, 2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
So what Ash got picked at the last min? Like I said, he should be glad he got picked at all.

And I clearly said, a tournament like IPL where you are allowed only 4 INT players, 1 match is all you are gonna get.Now it's up to you to prove them that yes you belong there. I clearly said that didn't I?

And no one cares if you would pick Ash over JP or Bravo. It was up to Mumbi management, and they happen to agree with me. It's not just my opinion. And it's not even a matter of opinion, it's a FACT my friend. Ash is a crap player. The fact that new guy (then) like JP was able to gain more faith from them than a guy who played over 200+ INT matches says it all. And who wouldn't pick Malinga or Jayasuria over Ash? They are more established players than Ash. Please don't comment based on bline-fan love

As far as Shakib and Tamim not getting, they weren't as good as they are today. But still they have no T20 record to prove their worth. I don't think they are picking players based on ODI or Test performances. But I am glad that they didn't get picked. The urge made them improve their game. I hope they dont get picked in the next one either.

The only reason you guys think Ash and Mash is all that, because we are Bangladeshi fans. But any neutral cricket fans will disagree. Look at the situation from out side the box, not as a blind loving fan. Please stop making emotional comments. Both of you
bro
malinga is a bowler.. Jayasuriya is a opener.. Nd ash middle order batsman.. They werent contender 4 playing mi playing Xi.. How u can mix these??
Nd for marked word.. Ash was not picked coz we are bangladeshi thats all.. Please check my last post if u had any confusion... Nd another think.. Brendon mccullm playing ipl for 3 season almost 30+ match.. How many big innings he scored?? Just 3 innings.. 158,82,44.. Thats all.. Bt.. Why he didnt get dropped??? Why ash or mash will be dropped 4 just 1 bad match?? Why buchanon would say in kkr practice that i dont know him(mash) why i'll talk to him?? Why before that match what mash played buchanon would say u r in the team bt just bfore match he also said sorry u r not in the team.. Do u remember guyz on that match mash played with another player jersy?? Why?? Coz mash thought that he would not play that match like before.. Bt when he knew that he would play by the little time bfore match start he was nt able to find his jersy..Mark my word.. Even if tamim nd shakib get picked nd they play a single bad match they will also be dropped.. Coz we r bangladeshi.. Amra jotodin wc jitte na pari or wc final korte na pari totodin asob cholbe..
Sorry if there any grammatical mistake..

Last edited by ahnaf; November 11, 2010 at 03:28 AM..
Old November 11, 2010, 03:19 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

@shakibrulz:yes he sucked in that match but u cant call that he isn't a good bowler based on that right?
Old November 11, 2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
I know they are different - thanks. I just said he has the ability to play the big shots, his t20 stats itself are pretty impressive. He was out of form then, that doesn't mean he sucks.

And Mashrafe went for 15, 11, 7, 21 runs respectively - only one good over and rest he sucked. And you tell me he wasn't used well? Didn't pick up a wicket either. When you are played as purely a bowler, you should do much much better than that. 21 runs in last overs is defendable for any decent bowler. Bowling full tosses and short wide half vollies are definitely not the characterisitcs of a good bowler.
amito bolechi mash r bad day chilo ota.. Ata hotei pare..
Im nt telling jp sucks.. I'm telling the fact.. Ya he is playing quite good t20 also now a days.. He get dropped from starting lineup during last ipl for his poor Sr.. Bt for same case it didnt happen on that ipl jodio tader hate option chilo...
Old November 11, 2010, 03:49 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
bro
malinga is a bowler.. Jayasuriya is a opener.. Nd ash middle order batsman.. They werent contender 4 playing mi playing Xi.. How u can mix these??
The fact that only 4 INT players are allowed makes any sense to you? It doesn't matter what position they play. They will pick the best once. And JP is a middle order player and they picked him over him. Obviously they picked JP over Ash. Why are you fighting over it? It's already done. that was ages ago.
Old November 11, 2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
The fact that only 4 INT players are allowed makes any sense to you? It doesn't matter what position they play. They will pick the best once. And JP is a middle order player and they picked him over him. Obviously they picked JP over Ash. Why are you fighting over it? It's already done. that was ages ago.
r ki blbo?? Bhai, jaysuriya ki middle order e khelbe?? Or malinga batsman hisebe khelbe?? Je je position e ache sei position r best player taito tara nibe.. Naki.... Ash..jp nd bravo middle order e khele nd fight ta tader moddhe chilo.. Akhane malinga nd jaysuriya ke anar kono dorkar nei.. Thats the fact.. U take all anti post against u as a fight.. Thats the problem.. I'm just telling the fact or view.. Nothing else more..

Last edited by ahnaf; November 11, 2010 at 04:04 AM..
Old November 11, 2010, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Some of us need to get rid off the "Indians hate us" believe. Ahnaf bro, say aliens were about to attack the planet and they asked for four players from MI upon whom the fate of our planet will depend. Will YOU pick Ashraful? He simply wasn't good enough to play in the MI as one of the 4 foreigners.

I do think Mash was treated a bit harshly, Mashrafe was never a good death over bowler and KKR gave him 18th and 20th over of the innings. i think if he got a couple of chances to prove himself he would have been a regular feature of KKR. But it was upto the KKR coach to pick the team, and to be honest I am least bothered whether our players perform/get picked/get high wages in IPL.
Old November 11, 2010, 04:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

কোথার জল কোথায় গড়িয়েছে যে দাদা...
গঙ্গা যমুনা যে সব এক হয়ে যাছছে গো ...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 11, 2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
কোথার জল কোথায় গড়িয়েছে যে দাদা...