facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 11, 2010, 05:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
amito bolechi mash r bad day chilo ota.. Ata hotei pare..
Im nt telling jp sucks.. I'm telling the fact.. Ya he is playing quite good t20 also now a days.. He get dropped from starting lineup during last ipl for his poor Sr.. Bt for same case it didnt happen on that ipl jodio tader hate option chilo...
English please mate, I'm not a bengali

I'm assuming that you said Mash had a bad day.. Well this is not Bangladesh domestic cricket sadly to give him another shot when there are way better players waiting for a game. Mashrafe was selected just for getting BD's support, I see no other reason to select him in T20s.

JP has nothing to prove, he scores well in the middle overs at a good strikerate. That's probably why they persisted with him, I dunno. Anyways Ashraful is the last person they would select given that only 4 players are allowed in the 11.

Old November 11, 2010, 05:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi

I do think Mash was treated a bit harshly, Mashrafe was never a good death over bowler and KKR gave him 18th and 20th over of the innings. i think if he got a couple of chances to prove himself he would have been a regular feature of KKR. But it was upto the KKR coach to pick the team, and to be honest I am least bothered whether our players perform/get picked/get high wages in IPL.
So he can't bowl in the powerplay overs, middle overs, or death, where exactly should they bowl him? Accept it or not, he is a terrible T20 bowler. But on the other hand Shakib being not picked is unfortunate, probably no one was aware of how good he was.
Old November 11, 2010, 06:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Fire works and the celebrations look awesome. Haven;t see on TV, just the pictures. Well, first any world cup on Bangladesh soil. great ...............
Old November 11, 2010, 06:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Ufff why ipl came in this post. This ipl is not a cricket tournament but a tournament of business. Who would like to be the part of the conspiracy of the miser indian business. Yes, every cricketer wants to be under the spotlight at least once in a life time. And what can be better other than the stage of ipl. But we dont want to rate the performance of our cricketers based on the chances they get in ipl. Our goal is only to do well in international cricket. As it was said, i was happy that most of our capable cricketer didnt get chance in ipl. That actually urged them to improve their performance. I just scanned the post and wondered how ipl came to such focus in this post-> from opening ceremony to mash and sg to uncomfortable mash beside sg to kkr to ipl. ;-)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 11, 2010, 06:13 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
amito bolechi mash r bad day chilo ota.. Ata hotei pare.. Im nt telling jp sucks.. I'm telling the fact.. Ya he is playing quite good t20 also now a days.. He get dropped from starting lineup during last ipl for his poor Sr.. Bt for same case it didnt happen on that ipl jodio tader hate option chilo...
Was it really? I think it's his inability at the death.
Old November 11, 2010, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
So he can't bowl in the powerplay overs, middle overs, or death, where exactly should they bowl him? Accept it or not, he is a terrible T20 bowler. But on the other hand Shakib being not picked is unfortunate, probably no one was aware of how good he was.
I don't know for how long have you been following Bangladeshi cricket, but I am sure you will also agree that Mash is a MUCH better bowler than that day suggests, if I were to manage Mash in a T20 game, I'd bowl him 4 overs in the opening spell and use him as a no.8 or a pinch hitter.
But that being said, I am not saying Mash deserved a spot, but KKR surely could have given him one or two more games to prove himself. I mean, you spent invested 600k, maybe invest in him a bit more and wait for returns.
Old November 11, 2010, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I don't know for how long have you been following Bangladeshi cricket, but I am sure you will also agree that Mash is a MUCH better bowler than that day suggests, if I were to manage Mash in a T20 game, I'd bowl him 4 overs in the opening spell and use him as a no.8 or a pinch hitter.
But that being said, I am not saying Mash deserved a spot, but KKR surely could have given him one or two more games to prove himself. I mean, you spent invested 600k, maybe invest in him a bit more and wait for returns.
Mash is an on and off bowler by intl standards - on his day he'll be a devastating bowler, but not so for the most part - in short lacks consistency. And his T20 records is - well lest talked about that the better. He may be fine for ODIs, but T20s is not his forte.

You get very little chances to prove in tourneys like IPL, should make most of it. There is stiff competition and Mash is far behind compared to his counterparts. So it's common sense to drop him after that match.
Old November 11, 2010, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

^^ My complaint is not very whole hearted, I know why Buchanan would prefer other international players over Mash. I clearly see the point, but there are a couple of things that still puzzles me about KKR in that season[along with another 5000 issues], why would they spend 600k on a player who is going to warm the bench mostly? If you do spend 600k, you might as well play him in a few games and let him find his feet.Why would the captain give the ball to the most 'inexperienced'[in t20] player the ball in the 20th over?

KKR did a bucket full of mistakes that season, and the Mash issue was just a minor one.
Old November 11, 2010, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Mash in that match was just horrible to say the least. I was pretty disappointed when he wasn't getting picked but when I saw that performance I shut my mouth. Who would give him a chance after such a bad performance? When you get a chance like that to play a big match and goof up that bad then sorry to say but he didn't deserve a chance after that. Plain and simple Mash is just not a good T20 or Test bowler mainly because he's terrible with the old ball and horrendous in death overs. His record is poor in those 2 formats. Same thing with Ash as well. He got a chance to prove himself and scored a Roqibulesque 11 ball 2 and even then he struggled for those 2 runs. Both of them certainly did not deserve any more games in the IPL. Shakib and Tamim I'm sure will get picked in this year's IPL and I'm sure they'll get more matches since their more consistent then Mash and Ash.
Old November 11, 2010, 12:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
^^ My complaint is not very whole hearted, I know why Buchanan would prefer other international players over Mash. I clearly see the point, but there are a couple of things that still puzzles me about KKR in that season[along with another 5000 issues], why would they spend 600k on a player who is going to warm the bench mostly? If you do spend 600k, you might as well play him in a few games and let him find his feet.Why would the captain give the ball to the most 'inexperienced'[in t20] player the ball in the 20th over?

KKR did a bucket full of mistakes that season, and the Mash issue was just a minor one.
Mash was a signed by SR Khan partly as a marketing ploy. The price was inflated as there was a bidding war between KKR and Punjab ( i think).

It should be noted that KKR have been one of the least successful teams on the field but they are one of the most financially successful off the field. Mash was signed to be a useful player but also to get the whole of Bangladesh supporting KKR and thus the potential to make money. He probably would have got more playing time if he was signed by Punjab as they valued him as an all-rounder rather than a partial marketing ploy.

I would guess Buchanan was not in favour of signing Mash to be a vital member of the squad and therefore this is why he did not opt to play him often. If I remember correctly he even opted to play a rookie Aussie instead of Mash in a game or two.

As for Ash and Duminy, one went for $75K and the other $950K, so it's pretty much a no-brainer who would get the most playing time. I guess Ash was bought as a cheap option in case of an injury crisis. He had the chance to show what he is capable of in the nets, I guess he didn't impress enough. Also this is Ash we are talking about, if there is anyone who should know what to expect from Ash, blind bias aside, it is the Bangladeshi fans, he isn't known for Eid innings for nothing.

In the 2010 season the main reason Shakib and Tamim were not signed was because of availability, they were only available for a few weeks. They were in good company, many international players missed out. Only one English player (Morgan) was signed, even Graeme Swan who had a rapidly rising reputation was ignored. The IPL franchises, experienced from the previous seasons, were aware of making big money signings that were only available for a few weeks (e.g. Flintoff, Pietersen etc).

If the timing is right and Shakib and Tamim are available for the majority of the next IPL season then I would say they would likely be signed up, however because there is a reduction of teams and also Pakistani players might be allowed back in, there could be fierce competition for places.
Old November 11, 2010, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

^^Summed it up, hope that answers beshi's questions
Old November 11, 2010, 12:29 PM
BC Editorial Team

This thread proves clearly that we Bangalis are an emotional bunch.
Old November 11, 2010, 12:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Plus it's the god-danged IPL. A worth-less tourney dreamed up by a corrupt egotist called Modi. If the IPL was all that India would be the kings of T20 cricket.

Sheeesh ... Faguner Agun et al - you guys need to chilax
--- As myself
Old November 11, 2010, 12:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

^^^
Well said. Thanks!!
Old November 11, 2010, 03:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
This thread proves clearly that we Bangalis are an emotional bunch.
Sad but true.

This thread wasn't even about IPL and India-hating. But they never fails to do that. Or playing the "Victim Card".
Old November 11, 2010, 03:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Old November 11, 2010, 03:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

We have some mad fans in Bangladesh.This is picture of fans turned up just to watch WC2011 countdown clock. Can you imagine how it is going to be during World Cup.

Old November 11, 2010, 09:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

^^^ BCB could make millions of dollars just by selling souvenirs , apprel, cricket kits with logo, or anything with WC logo. Too bad their managment dont posses much brain in the head chamber.
Old November 11, 2010, 09:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Mashrafe plain sucks in T20, he's as faltu as I can't think of anyone who would suck as much as Mash, even Stuart Broad came back like a pro after a devastating Yuvi bash, but mash needs a lot more time, lazy unfit overconfident wannabe bowler, I don't know why people are calling him an allrounder, his shots are mostly antayjja. If I was dada i would have sent him back to bangladesh immediately after his devastated third class spell.

Last edited by Bond; November 12, 2010 at 02:10 AM..
Old November 11, 2010, 10:06 PM

To say the least few of us need to grow up ... and learn to focus where, when and when not.
Old November 12, 2010, 12:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Don't worry fellas. Your beloved Gopalda is here to cool you guys down. Here i will post a pics that will appeal to everybody i believe of Ganguly...

Rupali Ganguly

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 12, 2010, 01:43 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

found one video. pretty low quality but still...
watch from 2:40 .....

Old November 12, 2010, 01:59 AM
Administrator

Yikes. Even the low quality could not mask the strident and banshee like shrieks of the MC.
Old November 12, 2010, 05:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Respect Ganguly, respect.
Also, he seemed quite interested to become a coach/advisor. I think he would make a tremendous head coach, he is a really good leader who can lift everyone's game. Also if he comes to coach us, we will instantly have the following/support of the West Bengal
I agree
Old November 12, 2010, 03:38 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

http://www.espncricinfo.com/db/PICTU...300/124337.jpg

Can Mash borrow some decent cloths from you Mr Kalam?