facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 21, 2010, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Mash knows nothing about diplomacy of a captain.
After England and other associate series JS said that he is happy about the performance in England and associate country tour.But Mash was the only person who first showed his aspiration and said that we should have better europe tour.Before NZ tour none of the team member said that we ll play against england to win the series.And we did it.So i dont think he is such an easy guy.He also have a good head on his shoulder.
So,IMO he gave the openion definately there is a reason behind it.Either his statement has been distorted or he wants to save his team from complacency.Pocha shamuke a pa kata khub lojjakor.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

Old November 22, 2010, 12:18 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Most of their batsmen can play spin well? Last tour in BD the Zimbabwean batsmen were pretty poor against spin in our conditions. If you look at their batsmen's stats against us and you can see that they really struggle in our conditions. Chigumbura has the highest number of runs and he averages a 25. All their batsmen for the most part avg in the mid 20's against us.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

Take a look at how Razzak and Shakib have completely dismantled the Zimbabwean batsmen.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=bowling

The stats suggest to me that Zimbabweans are really poor against spin and once again will struggle against us.
yes of their current players, Dabengwa has the highest average at 32...and he's been considered extremely lucky to have made the team this time. only 2 of their players have scored 100s against us, and only one guy Taylor is in the side now. we should look to keep that number that way.

bottom line is, we should aim to win every match convincingly as this the last tune up before the WC.

take no prisoners.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 22, 2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
hmmm... got confused for few secs... read "সিসি হাতাও"
Nasif bhai, besh roshik manush upni!!!
Old November 22, 2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
So, any player who is currently not the right person to lead a team is a sissy? I'm really sick of this so called fancy term 'sissy', here in BC we just love to overuse any new/random thing before it gets way to irritating and annoying.
Razi, love your signeture
Old November 22, 2010, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

This is a wrong comment by Mash no doubt. He didnt have to use numbers for series outcome. No captain will do that. Especially after 4-0 win against a team who were ranked no.2 few months ago and Mash was not part of it. Players who were part of it have every reason to believe 5-0 win possible. Mash has no right to inject his low expectation to other players. We won 4-0 against Nz because we believed it was possible and our captain forced us to think that way by declaring his clear intention.
Old November 22, 2010, 05:29 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
we don't want complacency or arrogance, but we don't want to set the bar low either
I dont believe we have to set the bar low...our performances over the 10 years have already set the bar as low as possible.
akta series jitei potrikai shobaire whitewash korar potisruti dewata shahosh er theke bokamir porichoi e beshi bohon korto....
Old November 22, 2010, 08:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Well in my eyes Mashrafe is a real tiger and I sincierly hope he gets his due with this Zim series. Mash for Captain !!!!!!!!!
Old November 22, 2010, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Now that I have had some time to think about what Mash said, I think he used very wrong words to express his intentions. From what I have seen over the past 10 years, Mash does not have a defeatist attitude, he is one of the very few players who still wanted to fight and win when some of our batsmen were celebrating inning defeats by collecting stumps as souvenir when they batter through the inning. He also showed his character when he openly disagreed with Jamie Siddons about the result of the English tour.

I believe, what he meant to say was : Our first target is to win the series, if we lose the first two games we would like to win it 3-2 and after we have the series win confirmed we would want to go for 5-0.

I dearly hope that I am right, otherwise I won't have much respect left for someone who I idolized for a long time.
Old November 22, 2010, 09:20 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Let me add something here...I think the only reason behind all these "Mash Hotao, Mash is a sissy, Mash does not have what it takes to be a captain and all" is simply his injury. This guy has been out of action for so long. We should be happy that he is still playing and he has the guts to sit on the hot chair.And you know what.. "out of sight out of mind". When we won against England under Mash's captaincy, none of us questioned his attitude or his fierceness. Many of us said that he is a good thinker, fighter and all.I urge all my beloved Banglacricket brothers and sisters, please dont condemn our Mash. He was a fighter, he is a fighter and he'll always be a fighter.
Old November 22, 2010, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:

Hahahahaha...
Old November 22, 2010, 11:50 AM
Test Cricketer

i dont see whats wrong in the comment..he is just guarding against over confidence and keeping everyones feet grounded...but i agree we should not take nothing less than a 5- nill in our favour
Old November 22, 2010, 12:14 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:

That was pure gold. Hashte hashte to purai goragori...
Old November 22, 2010, 12:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Sissy kintu asholei amar wife-er baba/ma-er dewa daaknam, like the actress Sissy Spacek..
Old November 22, 2010, 12:23 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

ম্যাশ এর এই ন্যাক্কারজনক কথার তীব্র প্রতিবাদ জানিয়ে আমি আগামি ৩০ নভেম্বর দেশব্যপী সকাল সন্ধা হরতাল ডাকলাম ।
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 22, 2010, 12:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

check out my take on this: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=34815
Old November 22, 2010, 12:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I won't call Mash a sissy, that will be an insult to my kind/good wife!

I think Mash is a chicken! That's what I think because that's what I see.
Old November 22, 2010, 01:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

The Narail Express, however, expects a good fight from Zimbabwe and did not make the mistake of counting them out.

“First of all, nobody expected that we'd beat New Zealand 4-0, did they? Everyone expected us to lose the series and maybe win one or two games. But we beat them 4-0. If you see it from that angle, then Zimbabwe is nothing.

“But if you think of the situation before the New Zealand series, then Zimbabwe will play much better cricket than what New Zealand played against us.

“They have two good spinners, their batsmen are in form and they have played here often,” explained Mashrafe.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=163249
Old November 22, 2010, 05:43 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
ম্যাশ এর এই ন্যাক্কারজনক কথার তীব্র প্রতিবাদ জানিয়ে আমি আগামি ৩০ নভেম্বর দেশব্যপী সকাল সন্ধা হরতাল ডাকলাম ।
এই মাত্র পত্রিকা তে দেখালাম ম্যাডাম -- http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...23/news/110467
ম্যাশ আর ন-হুদা কে নিয়ে হুদাহুদি টানাটানির প্রতিবাদে আমি নিরিহ জনগনের কিছু সম্পদ ভাংচুর করার বিশয় টাও অন্তরভুক্ত করার আবেদন জানাচ্ছি
Old November 22, 2010, 06:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
The Narail Express, however, expects a good fight from Zimbabwe and did not make the mistake of counting them out.

“First of all, nobody expected that we'd beat New Zealand 4-0, did they? Everyone expected us to lose the series and maybe win one or two games. But we beat them 4-0. If you see it from that angle, then Zimbabwe is nothing.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=163249
--------------------------------------------------------

I rest my case.

Well, Mash, Shakib expected to beat them 4-0...don't you follow cricket anymore?! Just shows he is still stuck in the HaBa era. Always happy as Larry with the odd "upset" wins here and there. No ambition or self-belief in himself or in his teammates skills, talents and capabilities. He clearly doesn't know how to evaluate his or team's strengths and weaknesses. Just following the script like his predecessors -little realizing that things have changed. We have two genuine world class batter and bowler in Shakib and Tamim, Mash. Throw in Shafi, Rubel, Razzak, Ash(!) and Mushy...its a very decent side. Wake up, have faith and act like a man!

ps: No, we are not asking you to make any arrogant or imprudent statements but what we are calling for is that you be positve in your speech as a leader! And know that cricket is more of a mindgame nowadays (many would say it always has been).
Old November 22, 2010, 10:00 PM
Cricket Sage

^ Wrong. Shakib didn't expect, he said its possible to beat them 4-0 and that too after winning the 2nd game. There is a huge difference between expect and possible. Saying expect is almost equal to a guarantee and Shakib didn't do that. As for what Mash said he is 100% right. Nobody expected us to win the series 4-0 before the series started. and wow wow wow wow. Where are you getting all the no belief in teammates skills, talents and capabilities from? We haven't even seen Mash long enough as a captain to judge what kind of a captain he is? You want to jump on him for the statement he made or the "sissy" like attitude go ahead, but don't attack him on things you have yet to see from him.

As for those claiming Mash doesn't know jack about captaincy let me remind you all we won in Bristol, and a lot of it had to do with his captaincy. Mashrafe captained Abahoni on their way to the title run and even than he was injured so he was bowling off spin. We tend to forget things way too quickly. This is the same guy that said, "India re dhore dabani dibo". The guy has been in and out of the team, injured for almost 2 years now, and if we should cut some slack to anyone, its him. Who cares about what he said, as long as he does whatever he is suppose to do on the field who cares.

Last edited by Ajfar; November 22, 2010 at 10:12 PM..
Old November 22, 2010, 10:53 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
^ Wrong. Shakib didn't expect, he said its possible to beat them 4-0 and that too after winning the 2nd game. There is a huge difference between expect and possible. Saying expect is almost equal to a guarantee and Shakib didn't do that. As for what Mash said he is 100% right. Nobody expected us to win the series 4-0 before the series started. and wow wow wow wow. Where are you getting all the no belief in teammates skills, talents and capabilities from? We haven't even seen Mash long enough as a captain to judge what kind of a captain he is? You want to jump on him for the statement he made or the "sissy" like attitude go ahead, but don't attack him on things you have yet to see from him.

As for those claiming Mash doesn't know jack about captaincy let me remind you all we won in Bristol, and a lot of it had to do with his captaincy. Mashrafe captained Abahoni on their way to the title run and even than he was injured so he was bowling off spin. We tend to forget things way too quickly. This is the same guy that said, "India re dhore dabani dibo". The guy has been in and out of the team, injured for almost 2 years now, and if we should cut some slack to anyone, its him. Who cares about what he said, as long as he does whatever he is suppose to do on the field who cares.
it does not matter how many times you remind them of Mash's dedication and his captancy skill bro, they just dont get it. I have mentioned all these points that you have mentioned through several posts but didnt make much of a difference. "Out of sight out of mind" is so true
Old November 23, 2010, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

We won in Bristol, but lost in Ireland and Holland. Only pansies lose in Ireland and Holland.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 23, 2010, 02:23 AM
Cricket Savant

^Word du jour, pansy?

Oh gawd...here we go again.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 23, 2010, 08:51 AM
First Class Cricketer

I wouldn’t really want to decode Mash’s mindset from a comment in an interview. I think he would have meant winning the series is more important than the scoreline. Note that the question he was asked was, “What is the expectation from the BD team in the series”, not “Do you expect BD to beat Zim 5-0?” and he answered the question.
Since I see people are using Shakib’s comment on the 4-0 win against the Kiwis – when it was 2-0 – if I remember correctly, he did not really go out and make a bold announcement to win 4-0; he was asked if it was possible to win 4-0 and he said yes.
Hence, someone should ask Shakib now if we can beat Zim 5-0 and based on his answer, we can probably comment on whether Shakib & Mash are indeed polar opposites in terms of winning mentality as so many people are suggesting here!
Old November 23, 2010, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Couldn't have put it any better.

Mash is, after all, of HaBa generation and his mindset still rooted to that era. In the past, a win here and there would have been an achivement in itself. But the bar has been raised by the likes of Shakib and Tamim. They take to the field for a full blooded battle not just making up the numbers. A young, fiesty and aggressive Mash has long been gone. Time to handover that button to Shakib.

Btw, I'm a great fan of Mashrafi.
u can't even spell his name right!