facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 26, 2010, 05:09 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

well played Afghanistan..ur future in cricket looks very bright...i hope in near future u guys will play ur 1st test vs us...

and u guys have only u guys to be proud of...UR COACH had nothing to do with this performance

Old November 26, 2010, 05:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Competing in a T20 match and we are talking about playing tests.

Bowling well to Ashraful in a hugely bowler-friendly pitch does not make one a better bowler than Mash or Shafi or Rubel. We get in to comparisons too early like Rashid Latif.
Old November 26, 2010, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

BD cricket board should invite them over to play some cricket against the national team, and BD should try to help them develop further.
They have done marvellously well to get ODI status, seeing what their infrastucture is- NOTHING compared to BD.
Old November 26, 2010, 08:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Thanks guys for your nice words on our team, we'll be back inshallah, this wasn't our best day. It didn't click for any of our best batsmen today, maybe because of the lack of experience against better sides. also some very stupid decisions made it impossible, and the umpire even worse not giving us the LBW.

Some of you are saying its just T20, well dear friends we are a lot better in the longer version than ODI/T20. and you can't really compare us with UAE. as the UAE is made of immigrants.

We didn't had any infrastructure, but we've started working on it. two international standard grounds are being built right now. by the end of 2011 we'll have grounds in 30 of 34 provinces.

We as well have very good back-up players for the national team. esp our young pacers can make it very big. We have a guy in our u-19 who can bowl up to 147km/h. our u-19 which was just staged for two months ago beat the hell out Pakistan provincial U-19 sides on a recently tour. some matches with up 80 runs and 8 wickets.

So we are here to stay, however our success depends on our other Asian fellows. the more you guys play us the sooner we'll become a world-class side. we have a very long way to go, but Inshallah not impossible

have in mind Imran Khan, Shahid Afridi, Umar GUl, Younus Khan, Irfan/Yousuf Pathan, former India captain Salim Durani are all ethnics Afghans (Pathan). We are build to this game

Looking forward to we can invite to our country, and we together can enjoy some good cricket, hopefully with you as the losers and us the winners

Congrats with your first Gold medal
Old November 26, 2010, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Congrats now change your coach if you want to progress. you have nothing to learn from a cheat and hypocrate. And please dont go for Pakistani or Indian coach. Two Pakistani send us ten year back and even BCCI has no faith in indians. Go for Aussi or SAF
Old November 26, 2010, 08:42 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Congrats now change your coach if you want to progress. you have nothing to learn from a cheat and hypocrate. And please dont go for Pakistani or Indian coach. Two Pakistani send us ten year back and even BCCI has no faith in indians. Go for Aussi or SAF
We don't have the money for someone else, I prefer an Aussie or South African, but we only get a few penny from ICC. And you known our economic situation after some 30 years of Pakistani/Arab, American imposed "Jihad" on our soil.

We had Kabir Khan (Pathan) but unfortunately he was a bowler in his active career, we lack behind in batting. bowling/fielding wise we are a decent side.
Old November 26, 2010, 09:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Competing in a T20 match and we are talking about playing tests.

Bowling well to Ashraful in a hugely bowler-friendly pitch does not make one a better bowler than Mash or Shafi or Rubel. We get in to comparisons too early like Rashid Latif.
Well said. Nothing to take away from AFG but if you guys want to give them credit go ahead do it but dont look down upon our players. There cricket has progressed alot and I wish them good luck.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old November 26, 2010, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Afghanistan has impressed once again. Just remarkable for a country that's going through so much. We should definitely invite them over for A team tours so that they could get some good match practice and so could our boys. Also sign them for our domestic teams. They have some exciting players in their squad and could enhance our leagues. I think it's a very good opportunity to do all these things but I doubt BCB will do anything.
Old November 26, 2010, 10:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
now the real question is why did eminem say: "blow everything except afghanistan on the map of"
he wanted to say dont waste your time....they will blow themselves off
Old November 26, 2010, 12:38 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

It was a pleasure to watch Afghan team in the field. They deserved a place in WC...dont know what went wrong this time as they are not playing!...its good for cricket and hope it'll put a smile on their war-torn country. Thumbs up to Afghani brothers.
Old November 26, 2010, 06:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Really well played by the Afghans. However, I am not all that optimistic about them as some of you are. I don't see this team going any further than an occasional win or two against the big boys and that too only in the T20 format. I doubt that there are any infrastructure for bringing up new players in to the fold. This current "spirited" generation will show some fight. But without the proper foundations, they will wither away. I think a really good example to look at was Kenya. They had a WC run all the way to Semi finals, something that we could only dream about till this day. But that initial burst eventually died out.

Even if Afghanistan were supposedly lucky enough get couple of wins against major nations, their hopes of attaining a test status would not be granted due to all the political turmoil. Let's face it, would any nations go there for a home series?

you have a good point there, However, they have been consistently playing 3-4 day matches in intercontinental cup and has been very successful at that. you can say, oh it was against guys like Ireland, Kenya, UAE, but in comparison look at Bangladesh when we got our test status were we so used to this 3-4 day format? so they are IMHO more equipped to playing tests At the Moment in comparison to us back in 2000, when we got it.

although I will not give it to them immediately if i were ICC, yeah it would be a very good idea to develop cricket in the country, set a foundation or a first class league active in their country before taking such a huge step.

if that is not possible, they can do what Pakistan is currently doing: set Dubai as their home of cricket ground.

It is really good for the spirit of the game when Associate countries like Canada, Ireland and Afghanistan consistenly get involved in major cricketing tournaments challenging the big boys. it is very encouraging to see where in some parts of the world like the West Indies cricket is close to dying out! in other parts of the world cricket is growing.

ultimately, it is all about making money, cricket is not just a sport,it is also a business. Because Bangaldesh has such a crcket crazy population, there is revenue, there is a profit investing in Bangladesh cricket, that's probably one of the main reasons why Bangladesh were prematurely handed the test status.
Old November 26, 2010, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

They need to get rif of Rashiddya..
Old November 26, 2010, 09:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

My 2nd team.
Old November 26, 2010, 10:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Really well played by the Afghans. However, I am not all that optimistic about them as some of you are. I don't see this team going any further than an occasional win or two against the big boys and that too only in the T20 format. I doubt that there are any infrastructure for bringing up new players in to the fold. This current "spirited" generation will show some fight. But without the proper foundations, they will wither away. I think a really good example to look at was Kenya. They had a WC run all the way to Semi finals, something that we could only dream about till this day. But that initial burst eventually died out.

Even if Afghanistan were supposedly lucky enough get couple of wins against major nations, their hopes of attaining a test status would not be granted due to all the political turmoil. Let's face it, would any nations go there for a home series?
Afghanistan is far ahead of where Kenya/BD were 10 years ago. They are dominant in all levels of the game (T20, ODI, FC) amongst their peers. yes, they lost a series to Kenya recently, but that happens.

Kenya were a solid side in 2003, but their semi-final run was in reality no more impressive than our 2007 showing. they won 2 games against F9 sides, and neither of those teams was the best side in the world at the time. we beat 2 sides where one was semi-finalist and #1 ranked at the time (SA) and the other was a pre-tourney favorite (India). Kenya mostly went to SF round based on walk-overs where england and a few other teams refused to play them.

Afghanistan must be supported, they are beginning to develop a cricket culture - their fb fan site has 3x as members as the bangladesh one.

Kenya and UAE never had that culture, and even Ireland (who also must be supported) lacks it to an extent.

I would love to see Afghanistan and Ireland getting test status by 2020. but I doubt ICC and its puppeteers (IND, AUS, ENG, SA) will allow this.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 26, 2010, 11:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Hamid Hassan should play domestic (club level) cricket in Bangladesh....

I think it'll be a very good bargain for the quality....
Old November 27, 2010, 12:42 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^yes he would be a very good buy for any team...this guy is a good bowler
Old November 27, 2010, 12:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

not just intelligent quotionts, almost everything has a Flynn effect.
Old November 27, 2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
My 2nd team.
My 3rd!
I love the Zimbos
Old November 28, 2010, 03:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru-party
he wanted to say dont waste your time....they will blow themselves off