facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 26, 2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

Well Ashraful is still naive and not cocky. But thats what you dont expect from a winning captain.

Old November 26, 2010, 04:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

What a stupid match report!

Quote:
Bangladesh were the underdogs but they clubbed 17 runs of the 19th over from offspinner Karim Sadiq, who had excellent figures of 2-0-10-2 before that, to transform the game.

Ashraful admitted he had given up hope towards the end. "I was feeling a bit low but then Shabbir came and did the job for us," he said. "There was a bit of pressure because Afghanistan are a very good side and this was our first major final."
Old November 26, 2010, 05:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful♥Raqibul foreve

Ashraful was just expressing how he felt, he gave up on his mind but his heart said "yes we can." He gave motivation to Shabbir and thus the end result we won. He gave his 120% when he came down to bat, the ball that got him out turned, bounced, flipped, yorked at the same time thus making it difficult to cut that ball, even Sachin would have been bowled by that. Anyhow hope Ash gains his confidence back and plays legendary innings in our world cup matches.
Old November 26, 2010, 05:55 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

bounced,flipped,yorked,turned

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Tehsin; November 26, 2010 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: NOT APPROPRIATE!
Old November 26, 2010, 05:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

I've never thought of Ashraful as a sissy, but more of a loser who doesn't function too well mentally (not mentally challenged, he understands the game well but just has no mental-physical coordination). Up to this day, I considered him a loser, but now he's put the label on himself - he is a sissy.

You can't really blame the fans for losing hope when the captain gives up.
Agree 100%
Old November 26, 2010, 07:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

actually re-reading it...the part about "giving up" was the cricinfo or author's inclusion in the article. Ashraful never said he gave up...only that he felt low until shabbir hit some shots.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 26, 2010, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
its T20...if netherlands can beat England
It doesn't matter what kind of cricket it is and it doesn't matter who did what - we should PWN Afghanistan regardless. In fact, we should always look to PWN anyone at any time.

Quote:
agree on Ash making a sissy comment...however, if you say BC fans have no impact on the game, Ash also had no impact on the game at the precise time he lost hope as he was already back in the hut. captain has much to do while fielding if he isn't bowling or keeping, but in batting, unless he's actually on strike he has zero impact on the game.

unless he told Hom, Roman, and Dickens "game's over just bat out the overs" as they crossed paths at FOW, then his idea is a just a personal "we're in some s**t now"...which may not have been true, but it wasn't false either.

you can't be successful if you can't even assess the situation, whether good or bad.
It's not about assessing the situation and it's not about whether he had any impact on the game at that point of time. He said he was feeling low, but a good captain shouldn't feel low when you need 19 off 2. You'll never hear Shakib or Tamim say anything of the sort and they are the only winners in the country.

It isn't about the impact Ashraful's mindset had on the game at that particular instant - if it did we wouldn't win gold - all I'm saying is that a winner, especially a captain, doesn't feel low in difficult times, and Ashraful's attitude here didn't match that of a winner.
Old November 26, 2010, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Every little comment - as long as it relates to the game - will be scrutinized from here on until they bring us the world cup, because nothing else matters. Winning is everything - the only ones who remember you when you lose are your wife and the dog. Actually, in some households you'd be lucky if the wife loved you for being a loser.
Old November 26, 2010, 08:55 PM
Cricket Savant

What are you on Asif bhai? Lately you have been giving some extraordinarily high positive vibes. Now I'd like to have some of what you are having.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 27, 2010, 06:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
What are you on Asif bhai? Lately you have been giving some extraordinarily high positive vibes. Now I'd like to have some of what you are having.
I'm loving it.
Old November 27, 2010, 07:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Well Ash never said he gave up ... why are we throwing everything at him? The thread heading was wrong. In any close match you have high and low points ... he was just being honest about his feelings in one such low points.
Old November 27, 2010, 07:10 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Most of the fans on the MT gave up as usual. But no one is talking about them? WHY?
Old November 27, 2010, 07:21 AM
Club Cricketer

উদ্ধৃতি...

মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল, এশিয়ান গেমস ক্রিকেটের সোনা জয়ের পর
বাপ রে, কঠিন একটা ম্যাচ জিতলাম। ভাবছিলাম তো হেরেই গেছি
.....Prothom Alo

If these are the exact words used, indeed Ashraful, as a captain, is a sissy. Don't you think so ?
Old November 27, 2010, 07:56 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^i dont find anything sissy in this
Old November 27, 2010, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Most of the fans on the MT gave up as usual. But no one is talking about them? WHY?
Because it doesn't matter what the fans think. And also, can you really blame the fans when the captain starts feeling low because we have to score 19 in the last two overs of a match?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 27, 2010, 12:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Seems to me his losing mentality has not gone away yet if this report is true.
Old November 27, 2010, 12:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN
Well Ashraful is still naive and not cocky. But thats what you dont expect from a winning captain.
I like this comment. He is always in the instant past specially while batting. More worried about what he just did with the last ball played rather focusing on the one coming up.
Old November 27, 2010, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
He is always in the instant past specially while batting. More worried about what he just did with the last ball played rather focusing on the one coming up.
Or too happy about the boundary he has just hit instead of thinking what kind of reply to expect from the bowler, which is why you so often see him getting out right after hitting a boundary.
Old November 27, 2010, 01:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
It doesn't matter what kind of cricket it is and it doesn't matter who did what - we should PWN Afghanistan regardless. In fact, we should always look to PWN anyone at any time.
disagree. this means Netherlands has an equal chance of beating England in a 5-day Test match as they do in a 2-hour T20. not gonna happen.

Quote:
It's not about assessing the situation and it's not about whether he had any impact on the game at that point of time. He said he was feeling low, but a good captain shouldn't feel low when you need 19 off 2. You'll never hear Shakib or Tamim say anything of the sort and they are the only winners in the country.
Shakib and Tamim are on another dimension of existence: they are truly world class. I agree Ash and others should aspire to be that good, especially when innate ability is actually greater than theirs.

But at the same time, this is a case of walking into a Rolls Royce dealership and wondering why there are no cheap cars on display!

If Ash was Sakib or Tamim, he would not have gotten out till winning the game already.

Quote:
It isn't about the impact Ashraful's mindset had on the game at that particular instant - if it did we wouldn't win gold - all I'm saying is that a winner, especially a captain, doesn't feel low in difficult times, and Ashraful's attitude here didn't match that of a winner.
here we don't know what he meant by "low". many times when our players say stuff and its gets transcribed by cricinfo, we are getting a very aproximate idea of what was said.

Did Mash really say he wants to lose 2 games to the ZIMs? Maybe, but i dont think so. His comment is still bad, but its not the blasphemy we've made it out to be. We're just an emotional bunch. I'm just as guilty as anyone else.

But did ash really say he felt "low"? I have a difficult time imagining Ash saying "uuhhhh....obveesly, i was feeling little bit low, but then shabbir won the game!"

or alternatively "amar ekto nicha nicha lagtesilo...tarpor shabbir miah match ta jitlo!"

hence, that word is an interpretation of whatever journo wrote that article.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 28, 2010, 02:49 AM
Cricket Legend

If I am not wrong -Acording to PA's match report Ashraful got out trying to glide the ball to thirdman. And the ball hit his stumps!

I am wondering what brought this fool into our national team against Zimbabwe series. Ash hasn't performed superbly in the NCL. Only stats are not enough to judge a player, people thought that he made loads of runs so just get him back. But this is the way he plays- play and a miss. Over the years lot of people tried to pursue him not to play that shot, at least when runs come easily. And yet he does it so often.

I am not surprised to hear that he made this kind of comments. He is still immature, and if anyone cannot grow up at 25 then he will never grow up. Mark my word.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ