facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2011, 02:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Of course without Sid how are they going to continue with the Sid-Shakib-Tamim mafia? How are they going to bully BCB officials for business-class plane tickets and match passes? How are they going to bully the selectors into keeping out deserving players in favour of their chamchas? What if the new coach insists on a strict fitness plan which includes no smoking? What if the new coach insists on everyone attending practice at the same time and is immune to favourtism? Asholei to chintar bepar Tamim'er jonno. Tamim baba mukh ektu kom chalae practice beshi kore koro. Ekhono Virender Sehwag howe jao nai.

Old March 21, 2011, 03:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Well Tamim, you are now talking to keep the couch. Even though I don't agree 100% with the idea of firing the couch but the fact is coach's fate is in verge only because of you and other major batsmen in the team. You and other batsmen should have realized it earlier and made some runs in the matches that you have sorced 58 and 70 odd!
Old March 21, 2011, 03:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Here are Tamim's scores in our big wins under Siddons:

vs. NZ in 08 : 12
vs. SL in 09 : 9
vs. WI in 09 : 0, 29, 30
vs. ENG in 10 : 18
vs. NZ in 10 : Injured DNP
vs. IRE in 11 : 44
vs. ENG in 11 : 38
vs. NED in 11 : 0
Old March 21, 2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Couldn't say it better myself. I think LBW has it straight. We need a stern disciplinarian this time around.
Someone who will *whip* the sissies into winners and force me to change my sig.
Old March 21, 2011, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
Here are Tamim's scores in our big wins under Siddons:

vs. NZ in 08 : 12
vs. SL in 09 : 9
vs. WI in 09 : 0, 29, 30
vs. ENG in 10 : 18
vs. NZ in 10 : Injured DNP
vs. IRE in 11 : 44
vs. ENG in 11 : 38
vs. NED in 11 : 0
Tamim, way too overrated. Its the fans fault for hyping him way too much.
Old March 21, 2011, 03:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
At this point, what Tamim wants is not going to change anything.

From all the rumors that we are hearing, there will be some significant changes... and that includes some changes in BCB management, selector change, head coach chnage, and definitely that means some new players will be in and some will be out of the BCB future plan.

At this point, it doesn't matter whether you like it or not...but we all know its comming....and its not new in team sports.... after failure/missed opportunity at the highest level... fairly or unfairly, some of the players/coaches/selectos/executives will take the heat and will be saked.... that's the life of professional sports now a days.

And to me its perfectly ok .... we need change... and we need change beyond the current players... it have to be in coaching/team selectors/ BCB management.

So I am kind of looking forward to it..... I don't see it a knee jerk reaction... its expected.... the players should know that, the coaches should know that , the selectors should know that, the BCB executives should know that.

Good or bad we cannot go with the same bunch for next 4 years...there have to be new blood, there have to be new approach, there have to be new program to bring new blood, there have to be more competetion for each slots in the team for any hope in the next WC.

So I am look for some change.... I cannot live with the same for next 4 years. Sorry to say that.

Fazal mamu, I am all up for change. But should the change not come in the BCB management then the team. I understand the team failed. but BCB also failed utterly in development front, and we have not even seen a final exam on that.

For the current players, if you are to dump all these or the most, whom are you going to bring in? another bunch of 18+ cricketers, and we will go through the same development phase which is an utter nonsense. There is hardly anybody better sitting on the sideline.

You correctly mentioned about increasing comepetition for every spot, but that can only be achieved if we can increase the quality of domestic cricket by increasing competitiveness and above all, increasing the skill set of players outside the national team, so that next group of people to diffuse into the national team within next 4-10 years are much better equipped than this group of player.

I just do not understand, which better player is waiting outside that we didnot do justice by not including?

But certainly the borad management needs to change, and some of us here have been shouting that for ever. The change is needed in domestic structure, in playing condition, in number of games in domestic season, in pay, in coaching. Change has to come in cricket development. Ross Turner is going to get appointed after almost all of the development posts were empty for god knows how long now! These are the changes we need to make.

BCB is going to put all the blames on coach in an effort to mask their failure. What is new about this strategy, and it has been applied in sports arena of Bangladesh for decades now !!!

Notwithstanding the two serious batting debacle, I think the coaching staff at this point is doing just fine.
Old March 21, 2011, 03:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I've been neutral abt Siddons that's why in the other thread with poll I couldn't select "Pro-Siddons" or "Anti- Siddons".
As TI said it & he said it on behalf of the whole team I think it's better to keep Jamie.
The reason we collapsed in those 2 matches was because of the pressure from expectation,nothing else. Otherwise when was the last time we got all out even below 150.
Offcourse the players know better than we fans or even the BCB know.
Old March 21, 2011, 03:28 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Of course without Sid how are they going to continue with the Sid-Shakib-Tamim mafia? How are they going to bully BCB officials for business-class plane tickets and match passes? How are they going to bully the selectors into keeping out deserving players in favour of their chamchas? What if the new coach insists on a strict fitness plan which includes no smoking? What if the new coach insists on everyone attending practice at the same time and is immune to favourtism? Asholei to chintar bepar Tamim'er jonno. Tamim baba mukh ektu kom chalae practice beshi kore koro. Ekhono Virender Sehwag howe jao nai.

Surely he expressed his opinion ! And he did not do justice to his achievment over last year in this WC. but to call Sid-Sakib-Tamim MAFIA is too deragotarory, is it not? Before we call out to increase the standard of the players, should we not as fans increase our standard. Only because they are player doesnot mean we bought their mouth while we shout whatever the first word comes out of our mouth with blatant disregard to decency and standard !!
Old March 21, 2011, 04:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
So you all think 4 years is good enough to turn Bangladeshi players into a top rank players? The new coach will take 1 year to blend in and then only 3 years to do what we all are expecting. Given that Bangladeshi players do not come with a good background of cricket basics makes it even more harder to accomplish such task in such a short period of time.

Simply put, the coach has to stay because his project is still "in progress" phase. That does not mean we should not send him a report of our concerns. So BCB should send him the issue list and expect a response on how the coaching team plans to address them.

I have seen too many players making debut for Bangladesh and very few staying with the team and it is a failed strategy.
Ditto, exactly my thought. The same issue was raised during the game by Ian Bishop. Any ardent follower of Bangladesh cricket must have observed this !!
Old March 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

I don't know what others want, but Rokibul & Junayed badly want Taklu DA to stay...that's for sure!
Old March 21, 2011, 05:07 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
So you all think 4 years is good enough to turn Bangladeshi players into a top rank players? The new coach will take 1 year to blend in and then only 3 years to do what we all are expecting. Given that Bangladeshi players do not come with a good background of cricket basics makes it even more harder to accomplish such task in such a short period of time.

Simply put, the coach has to stay because his project is still "in progress" phase. That does not mean we should not send him a report of our concerns. So BCB should send him the issue list and expect a response on how the coaching team plans to address them.

I have seen too many players making debut for Bangladesh and very few staying with the team and it is a failed strategy.
i am totally agree with you.
Old March 21, 2011, 05:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Now now go easy on him guys. Im not the biggest fan of Tamim Iqbal right this moment but I kinda get where his coming from. Its like, Im sure you've all had atleast one special teacher in your life with whom you shared a special bond with and respected and admired a lot! I know I have. Well thats probably how Tamim feels about Siddons so its only right he sticks up for him if he genuinly believes Jamie has done no wrong.

Having said that, I share the same view as most of you on JS. Its time for a change, a fresh start.
Old March 21, 2011, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Is Lotus Kamal also getting replaced?
Old March 21, 2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

i find it interesting that when the players themselves advocate for a coach, we 'fans' who have no connection or knowledge about the coach are so vehemently against him. if i were tamim, i would have suggested siddons to join this forum. answer some fan questions, lurk around the forum, and voila! everyone starts singing praise about you

on a more serious note, tamim shouldn't have voiced his opinion on a media outlet like this. if he has good things to say about the coach then go to the BCB and let them know your opinion. i sense a sound of desperation here.
Old March 21, 2011, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Some planning examples of Siddons:

- Play the same team in Test, ODI and T20
- Show complete lack of respect for the T20 process such as batting powerplays and scoring at a 6+ RR
- Make a plan to allow first 3 batsman the license to hit blindly
- Make 240 your target total regardless of the opponent
- Pad up the team with mediocre all rounders so top order collapses can be covered
- Blame weakened bowling as per above strategy for losses
- Put pacers on a rotational policy but leave batsment untouched regardless of performance
- Don't allow SN proper time on the nets as he will not play anyways
- Give up on big chases once Tamim is out even though Tamim has yet to play a match winning innings against a major team
- Blame fans and expectation when things go wrong
Old March 21, 2011, 07:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

i dont think Tamim has any right to say about his opinion publicly. He may be punished by BCB if his statement is true.
Old March 21, 2011, 09:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialBD
Tamim is talking too much after becoming VC!

We all know he is a very good player; but he needs more time to be one of the top world class batsmen. Therefore, he should concentrate to improve his batting; rather than advocating for a Coach in public media.
Agree.
he needs to shut up and concentrate on his figure and batting.
Old March 21, 2011, 10:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Tamim should not be writing so directly in a column. he shud have let BCB know, instead of trying this in public. (cause at the end of the day, it will be BCB who makes the decision, doesnt matter what the public thinks).

Jamie Siddons has been a good teacher to some of the players indeed, but as Tamim's words came out, he is more of a teacher than a planner. Tamim has improved to become a world class batter, and I will not believe a poor world cup performance from him as an indication that he is over. he is still a class apart.

but alas! if only bd seemed to have a plan. at times, it seemed the whole team didnt have a major plan. and that is the main problem. if jamie siddons was just the batting coach, his performance wud be exemplary. but he is the head coach, he shud have had an overall plan, a target for the future. he has achieved a lot, but either he needs to have a plan, or he probably needs to go.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old March 21, 2011, 11:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim's selfishness is really beginning to get on my nerves. Just because the coach has improved HIS game doesn't mean it's been the same case with others. We need some significant changes, not only in management, but also a change from the defeastist attitude our players carry.
Old March 21, 2011, 11:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
I have to agree with Tamim here.

@asif bhai
I am all for change but... Transition can sometimes be bad. Such as during this time of ours.
I agree also.

Tamim has problems, but that doesn't mean we tear apart everything he has to say or do-tamim has been an advocate for a long time just like former players bashar, sujon etc have been a supporter of ashraful.

Unfortunately in Bangladesh there is a culture of who you know rather than what you know.

Whether Siddons was the causative factor, we can't say for sure. The 58 and 78 weere bad performances, with bad being an understatement. That being said, I thought our players had an attitude problem, no-one attempted to build partnerships, there was a general air of apathy and resignation-after tamim got out and a couple of quick wickets fell, they seemed to be resigned to their loss and did not know what to do. You can blame the coach or the players. But I think the selectors must take blame for picking such a monotonous and limited squad with a wasted player in ashraful.

I have serious doubts about our players' commitment to the team and country, a few can't be questioned but there are some. But again I can't say this for sure just based on the shots and attitude seen on tv. They should share a significant proportion of the blame. But in setting out the judgement we have to be realistic-are we as good as we claim to be? The answer is no, which is why we'd been number 9 for so long, only recently have we even threatened the number 8. So a lack of ability has to contribute as well. Our good players average 30s and 20s, which leaves a lot to be desired. Furthermore many of our decisions I believe were affected by media pressure, such as batting first against the west indies-this is really a byproduct of people claiming to understand cricket who really do not-to attribute a result to the toss is quite stupid to say the least and it onyl makes sense to chase in bngladesh where the dew factor is so massive-I was particularly disappointed by Bashar's blind "win toss and bat" attitude.

It appears from the discussion, every decision in bangladesh cricket was controlled by Siddons. If there is to be a shake up and Siddons must go then so should the obsolete selection panel, and members of BCB. As I reiterate here, many people don't understand the role of a coach, they are driven by speculation rather than information. Our infrastructure is poor, player development is poor, facilities for children are poor and our selectors may not be the brightest sparks. Siddons can't be responsible for all this, everyone wants a witch hunt but it is not always justifiable.

Even after australia's ashes debacle they did not make drastic changes, they then won the CB series against england 6-1 without a few key players. We as fans have a frenzied approach to cricket as do our admin and selectors.

regarding whether there are better teachers out there-is ther may be-are they willing to coach BD? probably not, they've seen the way we treat our coaches, they know that the coaches are automatic scapegoats and there is always the likelihood of stoning however small and whether with pebbles or large stones. At the end of the day, our attitude combined with false media representations has not made BD very endearing to foreign coaches.

Heads may roll, however if we want a revolution we can't take a french revolution type of path with regular guillotine use and a reign of terror. If cronyism must be destroyed from the side of Tamim as is claimed by some then so should it be on the side of any other player esp ashraful. As fans we should not allowed to be be too judgemental and as I've said before it's the players who should judge as they know how good they really are. If it's only one player and the other 14 are against then there is a case, however if everyone supports the coach you have to have a rethink. Whether it is cronyism or not is pure speculation. Let's watch and wait.
Old March 22, 2011, 01:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
No team sticks to a single coach for a long and long time. Even most successful coaches are replaced periodically. This is because of giving the team some thing new to learn and some thing new to think about.
Old March 22, 2011, 01:07 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Tamim is inviting problems for him I guess. As far as I know, a player cannot talk public about management issues like this. There's a thing called Code of Conduct.
Old March 22, 2011, 02:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
Even Akram Khan would be better than Siddons!! Siddons must go.
You mean for Tamim?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 22, 2011, 02:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe,Shak,Aftab,Tamim

I would like to see Siddons as a bating coach for Bangladesh national team and a batting consultant for Acasemy team. Bangladesh needs to find some one like Richard McInns or Dave Whatmore as a head coach.

Siddons doesn't look like a good motivator for the team as a head coach but he is a good batting coach indeed. I would also like to see Sourav Gangualy as a batting consultant for our left hand batters for couple of years. Bangladeshi left hand batters need to learn some new techniques from Sourav and Siddons should work on the basic stuff with the batsmen.
Old March 22, 2011, 06:58 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

I read this online.

Does anyone else think that it's not right for the Head Coach to be giving out BD team plans this way in selection two days before the match? Secondly, he said he is satisfied with the performances. And how is three slow left arm bowlers "balanced"?

Where we watching a different WC?

Dhaka, Mar 17 (bdnews24.com) — Bangladesh will possibly play with three left-arm spinners and two fast bowler, while the batting order will remain unchanged, said coach Jamie Siddons.

"South Africa is a very strong team. They have a powerful batting line-up, especially, their top six – who are getting runs," Siddons said to the reporters at the Mirpur Sher-e-Bangla Stadium on Thursday.

He also strongly mentioned Proteas bowling, spinners in particular, and fielding.

"My team is also balanced. We have the ability to beat South Africa. So it will be a good fight," said an optimistic Siddons.

Showing satisfaction over the players' performance, he clarified that the team is bent on securing a spot in the last eight