facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Default BD players need to grow a..

I know there are plenty of threads out there on this. One more wont hurt.

Why is it that only Shakib stood up and said something. Ya he is the captain but the other players should have stood up and had his back. He should not be fighting a lone fight. Lotus Kamal insulted the bd team as a whole and we only have one player with the balls to stand up to that ****. They need to grow a pair and have each others back. I am sorry but this whole incident pissed me off so much. This whole spinelessness really annoyed me.

Ya I know, there are players in the team whose place is not secured and they dont want to upset the big man. They dont want to risk their futures as BD players and what not. But we need to stand up against unjust no matter the consequences.

I realize doing so they could potentially risk their careers and its unfair for me to judge them when I am not in their shoes. I just wish they did more than just let Shakib fight the battle.

Old January 23, 2010, 02:54 PM
ODI Cricketer

onno player der kotha bolar mukh chilo na. ashraful, SN, imrul, keo e bhalo khele nai.

Mahmudullah daraite parto but he must have felt guilty for not being able to have much input in the second innings.

followed by mushfiq for not being able to convert that 100 into a draw/double century.

it would have been natural if rubel got out and we lost the match. but it was the other way around u know..
Old January 23, 2010, 02:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarbangla
onno player der kotha bolar mukh chilo na. ashraful, SN, imrul, keo e bhalo khele nai.

Mahmudullah daraite parto but he must have felt guilty for not being able to have much input in the second innings.

followed by mushfiq for not being able to convert that 100 into a draw/double century.

it would have been natural if rubel got out and we lost the match. but it was the other way around u know..
Its a team sport. You have each others back NO MATTER WHAT. You live in Canada, catch a hockey game and you will know. And they did have the right to say something. You are honestly gonna call out mushfiq for not scoring a double? LIke really? Thats your argument? Just dont bother posting if you dont have better arguements.
Old January 23, 2010, 03:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

True that, but again as you said at the end, we're not in their shoes.

Hail Shakib (though seeing everything that's happening atm I rather had him keep quiet..oh well! too late.)
Old January 23, 2010, 03:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
Its a team sport. You have each others back NO MATTER WHAT. You live in Canada, catch a hockey game and you will know. And they did have the right to say something. You are honestly gonna call out mushfiq for not scoring a double? LIke really? Thats your argument? Just dont bother posting if you dont have better arguements.
I think he tried to say that even if one wicket is left, you cannot just throw your wicket away. Even though Mushy managed to score his hundred, at least after that he could've slowed down and keep scoring runs off the bad balls and keep giving as less strike as possible to Rubel. Despite the 100+ runs deficit that were still to be cut down, our players should fight till the end and make sure the opposition earn their wickets. BUT again, you can't just blame Mushy on this; everyone else who gave their wickets away in the team are equally blameworthy.
Old January 23, 2010, 03:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Bancan..what you have raised also crossed my mind.
Old January 23, 2010, 03:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
on our orientation our department head to us, "if you look for A+ you will end up with an A. So never expect low. Keep your eyes to the max"

Hope that explains why I said that. if you keep saying "all is well" then let ashraful have 1000 more tries before you look for a replacement! Speaking of that you are the same person who wanted to drop SN or ashraful. lol. Its amazing how we bangalis do not even know what do we want.

I am not saying what lotus did was right. specially he should not do it in front of media. And ofcourse he should apologize to shakib for this incident. But what ever he said was not wrong.
Old January 23, 2010, 03:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
on our orientation our department head to us, "if you look for A+ you will end up with an A. So never expect low. Keep your eyes to the max"

Hope that explains why I said that. if you keep saying "all is well" then let ashraful have 1000 more tries before you look for a replacement! Speaking of that you are the same person who wanted to drop SN or ashraful. lol. Its amazing how we bangalis do not even know what do we want.

I am not saying what lotus did was right. specially he should not do it in front of media. And ofcourse he should apologize to shakib for this incident. But what ever he said was not wrong.
What he said is WRONG. He questioned their integrity.

Do you understand what this thread is about? Its not about what Lotus did. Its about the other players.

IF YOU ARE A TEAM, YOU HAVE EACH OTHERS BACK NO MATTER WHAT. You dont back off and let one man do the fighting.
Old January 23, 2010, 03:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
I think he tried to say that even if one wicket is left, you cannot just throw your wicket away. Even though Mushy managed to score his hundred, at least after that he could've slowed down and keep scoring runs off the bad balls and keep giving as less strike as possible to Rubel. Despite the 100+ runs deficit that were still to be cut down, our players should fight till the end and make sure the opposition earn their wickets. BUT again, you can't just blame Mushy on this; everyone else who gave their wickets away in the team are equally blameworthy.
exactly! finally someone logical, non-emotional and more realistic.

we love our boys. we love to see tigers roar. that is why we expect 100% from them. sometimes our expectation does cross the limit. however, you can not blame us for that. it all comes from the utmost trust, respect and love we have for our boys.
Old January 23, 2010, 03:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I like your hockey analogy. We acted like Giradi while Carcilo was pounding away at Gaborik !
Old January 23, 2010, 03:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
What he said is WRONG. He questioned their integrity.

Do you understand what this thread is about? Its not about what Lotus did. Its about the other players.

IF YOU ARE A TEAM, YOU HAVE EACH OTHERS BACK NO MATTER WHAT. You dont back off and let one man do the fighting.

lol so basically you are supporting west indies national team for boycotting the series against bangladesh?
Old January 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

Quote:
lol so basically you are supporting west indies national team for boycotting the series against bangladesh?
WI players boycotted for a good reason. Their contracts wasn't being renewed so if anything happened to them while playing, they would be liable.

BD players should boycott because they were accused of not being committed to the team.
Old January 23, 2010, 05:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

If everyone started talking against LK, it would have created a chaos. shakib, being the leader was the representative of the whole team and hence talked to the president. Which makes sense, it's not a question of some one having you know what, its a matter of someone having brains