facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 31, 2007, 02:42 PM
Banned

I just want to calmly venture my opinion.

- Maradona could do more things than Pele could in terms of turning, twisting and agility. However Pele was the king of nutmegs. In terms of nutmeging and just going through players I have seen clips of Pele and even the great El Diego couldn't do such things, however there are things that Maradona did that Pele never. Until I started watching Pele youtube videos recently I was strongly of the opinion that El Diego was the best ever. However I have to admit, man..Pele was dammmmmmmm goooood. So now I am just a bit more ambivalent.

Another common feature of Pele-fans is they constantly bring Maradona's off-field issues into the discussion. Ok, he wasn't perfect. So does that mean a player like Fabio Cannavaro or Paolo Maldini is better than him because they have a better off-field record and like Maldini is known for charity work? Of course not. The discussion is not about morality but about skill. Also there are other comparatively mediocre players who have won the world cup more than Maradona or scored more goals, doesn't make them better.

I don't really care who thinks either of the two were better. They were both great footballers (footballers and the discussion is about their football and not their personalities).

Old May 31, 2007, 03:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shoaib THE MAN Akhtar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAsif
I just want to calmly venture my opinion.

- Maradona could do more things than Pele could in terms of turning, twisting and agility. However Pele was the king of nutmegs. In terms of nutmeging and just going through players I have seen clips of Pele and even the great El Diego couldn't do such things, however there are things that Maradona did that Pele never. Until I started watching Pele youtube videos recently I was strongly of the opinion that El Diego was the best ever. However I have to admit, man..Pele was dammmmmmmm goooood. So now I am just a bit more ambivalent.

Another common feature of Pele-fans is they constantly bring Maradona's off-field issues into the discussion. Ok, he wasn't perfect. So does that mean a player like Fabio Cannavaro or Paolo Maldini is better than him because they have a better off-field record and like Maldini is known for charity work? Of course not. The discussion is not about morality but about skill. Also there are other comparatively mediocre players who have won the world cup more than Maradona or scored more goals, doesn't make them better.

I don't really care who thinks either of the two were better. They were both great footballers (footballers and the discussion is about their football and not their personalities).
I agree with you on all points...except that Pele couldn't do what Maradona could do and Maradona could do all things that Pele could and couldn't
Old June 1, 2007, 10:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Well,I wont advice you to google Abdus Samad,But if you got the time,call the sports section of any bangladeshi newspaper and ask them about 'Jadukor Samad', If the tales on him are half true,Pele or Maradona was not even half the player he was.And if he was here,we could easily have won the WC,mark my words.
Old June 1, 2007, 12:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I read and laugh.

SideWinder,
Say BD is playing in the WC finals against India at Mirpur stadium and Kartrik is smashing 4's and 6's all throughout the ground. Do you think BD supporters would even chant "Kartrik", Kartrik"?

Thus was the mesmorising moves of Pele (17 year old) that the swedish fans were chanting his name in 1958 while the game was going on (not even finished). They truely witnessed something that was out of this world. Even if that was against their own nation in the WC finals match. Again www.google.com can help you learn more.
Old June 1, 2007, 12:40 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I wonder what gordhob voted this thread 'excellent'.
Old June 1, 2007, 01:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I read and laugh.

SideWinder,
Say BD is playing in the WC finals against India at Mirpur stadium and Kartrik is smashing 4's and 6's all throughout the ground. Do you think BD supporters would even chant "Kartrik", Kartrik"?

Thus was the mesmorising moves of Pele (17 year old) that the swedish fans were chanting his name in 1958 while the game was going on (not even finished). They truely witnessed something that was out of this world. Even if that was against their own nation in the WC finals match. Again www.google.com can help you learn more.
Hatebreed...I read your post and laugh for the same reasons.
Real Madrid and Barcelona are not the best of friends are they? They wouldn't dream of cheering for an opposite player...well...the WHOLE OF REAL MADRID SUPPORTER fans chanted 'Maradona Maradona' and gave STANDING OVATION...first time EVER to Maradona or any other opposite team..despite the fact that he had scored several goals and set up the rest..Real was loosing 4 or 5 - 0. Beat that...
Old June 1, 2007, 01:26 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWinder
Hatebreed...I read your post and laugh for the same reasons.
Eh what same reasons? I don't think we are on the same page here.. especially as I'm not laughing.
Old June 1, 2007, 01:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I don't think we are on the same page here.. especially as I'm not laughing.
Old June 1, 2007, 01:36 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Eh what same reasons? I don't think we are on the same page here.. especially as I'm not laughing.
Btw, Hatebreed, do you prefer Maradona or Pele?
Old June 2, 2007, 10:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special 1
Maradona is a cheat! That simple fact alone will be enough for him not being the best footballer ever.
And like i sed Ronaldinho is better in skills than Maradona.
The reason why Pele is the greatest is because he was really skillful as well as a great sportsman
Due to all that controversy and scandals and passion and the die hard attitude; this is what made him the greatest.
Old June 3, 2007, 08:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

IMO , Maradona and Zidane were way better than Pele.
Old June 3, 2007, 08:56 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
IMO , Maradona and Zidane were way better than Pele.
Zidane I feel is another version of Platini. I feel Maradona and Ronaldo should be put into equation.
Old June 4, 2007, 10:57 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWinder
Zidane I feel is another version of Platini. I feel Maradona and Ronaldo should be put into equation.

Mate , which Ronaldo??....the great Brazillian Ronaldo OR the Ronaldo who is a master of diving and runs a little faster than watford defenders.
Old June 4, 2007, 11:20 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Mate , which Ronaldo??....the great Brazillian Ronaldo OR the Ronaldo who is a master of diving and runs a little faster than watford defenders.
That's what every Chelshite fan says when they can't come up with a better reason to undermine a great player like him. Such talk isn't suitable when you have divers like Dogba and Robben in your team. Fortunately the professional footballers and football writers don't agree with you.
Old June 4, 2007, 06:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Obviously...TUMI BIRAAAT mistake korcho...GREAT ronaldor sentencey ui dui nombor haddir shatey lagiyeso.
I am talking the legend..the one they call......Ele Fenomeno..
Old June 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Slysaint

was he good?
well name a player in this world who is better than him .. after you watch this video

he is what i consider to be a total package
Old June 14, 2007, 04:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Speed more speed and some more speed, strength, stamina, shooting, agility, ball control are shown here. Two things missing though. His heading ability and passing. I have not seen anyone more prolific than him in the air. That includes all those who use something else than their head to score goals (such as: hand).

If one could compile his thousand + goals in a video how much highlight film would that be?

Football was created/invented for the black pearl. Like it or not that is the truth. The sooner one learns to accept the truth the better it is.
Old June 14, 2007, 05:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Mashrafe & Shakib!
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Speed more speed and some more speed, strength, stamina, shooting, agility, ball control are shown here. Two things missing though. His heading ability and passing. I have not seen anyone more prolific than him in the air. That includes all those who use something else than their head to score goals (such as: hand).

If one could compile his thousand + goals in a video how much highlight film would that be?

Football was created/invented for the black pearl. Like it or not that is the truth. The sooner one learns to accept the truth the better it is.
This video is simply _ _ _ _ _ _.....I don't even know what to write.....it captures the difference between Pele and the rest. The huge gulf is surfaced in this video.

I couldn't agree with you more bro !!!!!
Old June 14, 2007, 10:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

if maradona had a video like that you would see him more doing digbaji on the field than running like that (i doubt that he could ever run that fast either) and scoring goals...

Notice how the defenders where trying to take him down...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 15, 2007, 04:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slysaint
was he good? well name a player in this world who is better than him .. after you watch this video. he is what i consider to be a total package
dude i'm speechless ... THANK YOU !
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)