facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 16, 2010, 07:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner
Unhappy Khaled Mahmud quits Asst. Coach position

Khaled Mahmud (Shujon) quits assistant coach position.

IMO, this is a great loss for BD cricket. I think our recent success has a lot to do with his motivation skills. Without him, and three English speaking coaches, there will be a huge communication gap between the players and the coaches. Whatever issues he has with the board/coach, I hope they can work it out and let him be part of the team.

What frustrates me is (according to the article), Siddons is not treating him right?! He has no right to disrespect our beloved "chacha." I do not care even if he is the biggest super coach in the world. You must respect him as a person.

Having said that, I don't mind having KM as a manager and Salauddin as an assistant coach.. but he needs to be part of our team.

বিসিবির চাকরি ছাড়লেন মাহমুদ

জাতীয় দলের সহকারী কোচই শুধু নন, বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (বিসিবি) চাকরিই আর করতে চান না খালেদ মাহমুদ। জাতীয় দলের সাবেক এই অধিনায়ক গত ৫ সেপ্টেম্বর সহকারী কোচের পদ থেকে অব্যাহতি চেয়ে বোর্ডে পদত্যাগপত্র জমা দিয়েছেন বলে জানিয়েছে বিশ্বস্ত একটি সূত্র। তবে ৪ অক্টোবর পর্যন্ত এক মাসের ‘নোটিশ পিরিয়ড’ আছে বলে মাহমুদ এখনো জাতীয় দলের অনুশীলনে আছেন।
মাহমুদের পদত্যাগপত্র জমা দেওয়ার কথা স্বীকার করেছেন বিসিবির ক্রিকেট পরিচালনা কমিটির প্রধান এনায়েত হোসেন। কাল টেলিফোনে তিনি জানান, ‘জাতীয় দলের সহকারী কোচের দায়িত্বে আর থাকতে চায় না জানিয়ে খালেদ মাহমুদ বোর্ডকে চিঠি দিয়েছে। তবে আমরা এখনো কোনো সিদ্ধান্ত নিইনি। তার সঙ্গে বিষয়টা নিয়ে আলোচনার জন্য বোর্ডের টেকনিক্যাল কমিটি প্রধান নির্বাহী মঞ্জুর আহমেদ ও উপ-মহাব্যবস্থাপক (প্রশাসন) নিজামউদ্দিন চৌধুরীকে দায়িত্ব দিয়েছে। ও কেন আর দায়িত্বে থাকতে চাইছে না বা অন্য কোথাও কাজ করতে চায় কি না, সেসব জানা দরকার।’
এনায়েত হোসেন জানিয়েছেন, জাতীয় দলের সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে না থেকে মাহমুদ নাকি একাডেমি বা বোর্ডের কোচ হিসেবে অন্য কোথাও কাজ করতে আগ্রহী। ‘আমরা চাই, সুজন (খালেদ মাহমুদ) দেশের ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে থাকুক। তাকে সহকারী কোচ করা হয়েছিল প্রেষণে। এখন সে যদি অন্য কোথাও কাজ করতে আগ্রহী হয়, সেটা আমরা দেখব’—বলেছেন এনায়েত হোসেন। তবে সূত্র জানিয়েছে, মাহমুদ বিসিবির সঙ্গে সম্পর্কটা পুরোপুরিই ছিন্ন করতে চান। কাল বিসিবির প্রধান নির্বাহী এবং উপ-মহাব্যবস্থাপক (প্রশাসন) তাঁর সঙ্গে আলোচনায় বসলেও মাহমুদ সিদ্ধান্ত পাল্টাবেন না বলে জানিয়ে দিয়েছেন। বোর্ডের দায়িত্ব ছেড়ে দেওয়ার পর আসন্ন প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট লিগে আবাহনীর কোচ হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পালন করবেন মাহমুদ।
খালেদ মাহমুদের সরে দাঁড়ানোর কারণটা অভিমানজনিত বলে জানিয়েছে সূত্র। সহকারী কোচ হিসেবে যেভাবে জাতীয় দলের সঙ্গে কাজ করছেন, সেটা মানতে পারছেন না তিনি। জেমি সিডন্স তাঁকে সঠিকভাবে ব্যবহার করছেন না, প্র্যাকটিসে সেভাবে গুরুত্ব দিচ্ছেন না, কখনো কখনো ক্রিকেটারদের সামনে অপমানজনক আচরণও করছেন—ঘনিষ্ঠজনদের কাছে এমন অভিযোগই নাকি করেছেন মাহমুদ। তবে কাল পদত্যাগ এবং তার কারণ সম্পর্কে জানতে চাইলে মাহমুদ কোনো মন্তব্য করতে রাজি হননি।

Source: http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...-17/news/94024

Last edited by MarufH; September 16, 2010 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: Article added

Old September 16, 2010, 08:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Very sad news.
In my opinion, any person with dignity and self-respect wouldn't be able to work with Siddons. Siddons has a very negative attitude.

So, Miraz bhai's prediction comes true.
Old September 16, 2010, 08:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Head coach, fielding coach, bowling coach - now do we actually need another assistant coach? Also Salahuddin is there if I am not mistaking.

I reckon Sujon himself realized that and handed out the resignation. There is no need to unnecessarily pack the coaching staff. Also he can be useful in Academy and youth level and gain some more coaching experience as well. Plus the report says he may the coach of Abahani this season. I feel it is good for all parties - national team and Sujon himself.
Old September 16, 2010, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Head coach, fielding coach, bowling coach - now do we actually need another assistant coach? Also Salahuddin is there if I am not mistaking.

I reckon Sujon himself realized that and handed out the resignation. There is no need to unnecessarily pack the coaching staff. Also he can be useful in Academy and youth level and gain some more coaching experience as well. Plus the report says he may the coach of Abahani this season. I feel it is good for all parties - national team and Sujon himself.
Yes we do. Like I posted on my main post. Language help, motivational help. You may say, why do we need a translator coach... I say only a person with good cricketing knowledge (coach) can translate a coach better.

Even with skills practice, you can use extra hand. For example, if Siddons is working with Z, KM can watch over Kayes...

And we do not have Salauddin.. he is currently moved to work with the academy.

If you read the article, you will see... he is not quitting cause there are too many coaches... he is quitting cause siddons is not treating/utilizing him right.
Old September 16, 2010, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

If I am not mistaken, Chacha clearly indicated that he wants to be the head coach in the future, so won't be surprised if there was conflict of interest between Chacha and Siddons.
Also, according to PA he wants to work with the academy, which makes sense. We have a head coach[batting], fielding coach, bowling coach and Salah Uddin to assist the players, do we really need some of Chacha's calibre as the 3rd[5th] wheel? It will be better for Bangladesh cricket if he works with the academy
Old September 16, 2010, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

We all know, Siddons lack motivator skills which Whatmore had great deal of. I felt inclusion of "Chacha" actually filled that gap. just my humble opinion.
Old September 16, 2010, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarufH
Yes we do. Like I posted on my main post. Language help, motivational help. You may say, why do we need a translator coach... I say only a person with good cricketing knowledge (coach) can translate a coach better.
If it is about "Language and Motivation" - we do not need an assistant coach then. Probably a manager or other role and Sujon can be assigned to that role, definitely it is not the job of assistant coach. But as far as I understand, Sujon is more interested to take coaching as his future career option.

Quote:
Even with skills practice, you can use extra hand. For example, if Siddons is working with Z, KM can watch over Kayes...
We may need 3/4 more assistant coach then
It is better to be taught the skills from one coach, rather being confused by several.

Quote:
And we do not have Salauddin.. he is currently moved to work with the academy.
Still we do not need assistant coach at the moment. If we need another coach, it should be a spin bowling coach, which I thought being done by Salahuddin at the moment.

Quote:
If you read the article, you will see... he is not quitting cause there are too many coaches... he is quitting cause siddons is not treating/utilizing him right.
If it is true and there is conflict with Siddons and Sujon, then it is again good for the team that Sujon has resigned. We do not want conflicts in coaching stuffs at this important stage before the WC.
Old September 16, 2010, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree, I think he would be a better manager.

I didn't say coaching, said look after. :p he can make sure Kayes do what siddons asked him. isn't that what assistants do?

Again, Salauddin with academy.

Why not let go of Siddons instead of Shujon? All men are created equal.
Old September 16, 2010, 09:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Dashing blow! He was very upbeat and positive minded and even spoke 'good' English during the glimpse I got from Pak-BD T20 interview. Will miss him.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 16, 2010, 10:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

i think working with the trio Sujon himslef could have learnt a lot from the coaches and thus improve his coaching skills more.
o
our coaches need to learn how the foreign coaches do their coaching and thus our coaches can improve their quality.

looks like sujon feels that he is not getting enough attention from the coaches and feels he shoul get more. i dont know whether it is right or not.

anyway its upto him what he wants to do.
Old September 16, 2010, 10:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean williams

CONFLICT INTREST end at last.
Old September 17, 2010, 12:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Did he try to organize a coup and become Head Coach too soon?
Old September 17, 2010, 01:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

quitting just before NZ series and WC, was not a good decision by Sujon.

He should have thought about national interest first than his personal ego !
Old September 17, 2010, 04:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

i am sure there has been some misunderstanding between shujon and siddons otherwise why would he quit , there is a saying ek hate tali bajhe nah
Old September 17, 2010, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

we don't need a translater,more or less everyone can speak some english in our team.
Old September 17, 2010, 11:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Not a good decision by Shujon. Actually there was no space for him to work also. Salauddin is a better choice than him at the moment.
Old September 17, 2010, 11:17 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by asddsa
quitting just before NZ series and WC, was not a good decision by Sujon.

He should have thought about national interest first than his personal ego !
fully agree, but he was not being properly used by Siddons and I also heard that Siddons insulted Chacha in front of the players . Whatever the case it is, its not good for our cricket.
Old September 17, 2010, 12:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

1. He will make more money by becoming Abahani coach than what he makes from BCB
2. He will get a "Head Coach" title in Abahani. Here, he is classified as an asst coach
3. As a head coach, he call the shots, but here, he will be used by all the coaches as an asst coach, so cant call any shots

Personally I think he should just stick around in the team. This a great setup to learn a lot in the current national team setup. He will become a better coach and can market himself better in future thus make more money.
Old September 17, 2010, 01:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Just saw his interview on NTV. couldnt make out half the things he was saying chacha was speaking that fast! but I did get - he feels that he doesnt really have a particular role since BCB is going crazy with appointing all these coaches(ok the crazy comment is my opinion), also he feels that its not good for the boys as different coaches have diffrent style of teaching (bowling) so it confuses their brains as to who's style they should adapt and that sort of extra pressure is just unnecessary. Also he mentioned something to do with wages aswell (inevitably), that he didnt get paid the same as former assistant coach shaun williams.
Old September 17, 2010, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Daily star Report

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=154849
Old September 17, 2010, 01:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Very sad indeed. BCB should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves on the wage issue!

Best of luck to our dearest Captain/Coach/Leader Khaded Mahmud bhai! You showed us how to fight and how to love and care at the same time, you showed us the beauty of a cricketer, you gave us hope and happiness! We, Bangladesh and world cricket fans are indebted to you and please know that we here in banglacricket, we love you and will rememeber you always very dearly.
A big salute to Khaled Mahmud Shujan bhai! Salaam!
Old September 17, 2010, 02:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Very sad indeed. BCB should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves on the wage issue!

Best of luck to our dearest Captain/Coach/Leader Khaded Mahmud bhai! You showed us how to fight and how to love and care at the same time, you showed us the beauty of a cricketer, you gave us hope and happiness! We, Bangladesh and world cricket fans are indebted to you and please know that we here in banglacricket, we love you and will rememeber you always very dearly.
erm... ektu beshi hoe gelo na ?
Old September 17, 2010, 02:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjad
Heheheh...dada, heheh...extra jhosh eshe jawate ektu beshi bole felechi mone hoi, hehhehe...
Old September 17, 2010, 03:02 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom

Ei kotha gula chacha porle mone hoi ekke bare kainda dito...classic
Old September 17, 2010, 05:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samjad
By BK bhai's standards?........not at all !! (we love you BK bhaiya)