facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 22, 2013, 02:38 PM
Street Cricketer

Default my experimental team for odi series in srilanka

Keeping in mind that Bangladesh is still going through team building process and numbers of raw talent or seasoned players is still queastionable, I would suggest that we should look forward by taking new talents in the team, experimenting with them cautiously and setting a time frame to complete thiese process reasonably.
Having saying so my team for the series would be,in batting order,

1.T I khan (automatic choice)

2.Abul hassan.please dont be surprised, we dont have any other performer tested and reliable.bijoy lacks technique specially against pacers ,ashraful may not qualify for at least at this position because of his temperment problem, so why not trying a jaysuria kalu style?

3.Jahurul, again i want to refer to srilanka world champion squad, is omi able to play like gurusinha?

4.Mominul,he is a real prospect for us I believe, but his tendancy of playing rush shot, playing across and less selectiveness of balls makes me to put him after Jahurul.

5.Ashraful,after pacers' opening overs already spent (as expected) he may be able to show innings building performane, moreover after test innings of 190 he should get some chance.

6.Mushfique,(automatic choice)

7.Bijoy, surprised again? I am explaining my points.Many of our raw talented batsmen failed because they were tried as openers even if they were not groomed enogh and thats why weak when facing quality pace bowling.Imrul is in my eyes a classic example of this dilema.I believe he could be a very good middle order batsman.I found Bijoy is reasonably good against spinners and old ball pace.Also his scoring rate is good.For me he is a good late order batsman for us.

8.Nasir, (automatic choice)I believe he is capable to play the role of match finisher ,matured,able to play as per situation and solid in our players' context.

9.Gazi,(automatic choice)very talented although still needs to be properly groomed,He gives us variety in bowling department.

10Abdur Razzaque,(automatic choice)

11.Taskin,he comes in my mind because Rubel bowls without thinking, to me he lacks cricketing sense,Taskin may be our great prospect in near future.

Note:Riyad lovers please do not get your heart broken, he often falls in the trap of opponent captain, i,e, when run is required, bowling is tight, but he is stuck up, again when wicket saving is necessary he jumps and gets out.moreover he lacks fighting attitude, he is also fragile in tough situation, remember the happenigs in the last over against pakistan last year, he could not charge a single delivery, then took a single which sent Razzaque in strike and we all know what happened next, same happened on the day of our historic win against England, although unexpectedly Shafiul sparked. believe he is a total loss investment in the slot of match finisher.(i.e. no 7 who generally play with tail enders)

Return of injured players will change the complexion of my team

Old March 22, 2013, 02:58 PM
Street Cricketer

Default summary

in this team, there are 7 batsmen(tamim, jahurul, mominul, ashraful,mushfique,bijoy, nasir), 4 full spell bowler:two pacers(taskin, abul), one off spinner(gazi),one sla(razzaque) and one extra wicket keeper(omi)

moreover one occassional pacer/spinner(nasir), one occassional leggie(ashraful), one occassional sla (mominul)
Old March 22, 2013, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Welcome to BC Sarwar.

A few things I thought about while reading this:

1. You talk about giving others a chance. I wholeheartedly agree. But shouldn't it be the most inconsistent players who should give away their spots to find more consistent players? By that logic, Ashraful's days are numbered unless he really picks it up in the seasons to come. So his selection is unmerited.

2. About Razzak being an automatic choice, I disagree. Bd is never short of decent quality spinners waiting to make it big time. Doesn't Shohag deserve a new blood alongside him to hunt for wickets ? Razzak can and will play in this series and for other ones to come, but since you stress so much about building a team for the future, ultimately we have to find another young talented consistent gun to pair Shohag with.

3. Taskin is too young in my opinion. We have gone down this road before, rushing under 19 players into the national team. It hasn't worked more often then not. Let Taskin mature a bit.

The rest of the piece is fine to me, you have described your way of thinking and new perspectives are always appreciated. But those 3 points I just mentioned raised red flags for me.
Old March 22, 2013, 03:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Interesting squad to say the least --

1. So in TI/Raju combo, who is jayasuriya and who is kalu?
2. Jahurul can only dream about playing like Gurusingha
3. In ODI, you play your best batsmen up the order. Currently its Mushy and Nasir but they are playing in no.6 and no.8 respectively. Too low for them.
4. Anamul was never a middle order batsmen. But here he is playing at 7 and that's almost the tail.

and FINALLY who will be the 5th bowler? I am not sure we can expect Mominul/Nasir to bowl that 10 overs.
Old March 22, 2013, 03:20 PM
Street Cricketer

Default my points

Dear Roey Haque,
thanx for welcoming me warmly.
My selection was based on present situation due to the tally of injured players, I just wanted to share my view that this is a high time to test some new talents.I am not a big fan of Ashraful nor I expect a lot from him, but in the squad there is no other senior player, besides this, a player should be awarded after a good show(in bangladesh standard),same philosophy applies when selecting razzaque now, moreover I believe he is a good container(again, in bangladesh standard, of course), I fully agree with you that sending Taskin now in the ground as main strike bowler is risky both for team and himself, but I am really tired of Rubel's brainless attitude.please remember the dual of muttia and rubel.
Old March 22, 2013, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarwar
I just wanted to share my view that this is a high time to test some new talents.
I know that. I heard you the first time.

I just don't like the term "automatic choice" for Razzak.
And as for finding no replacements for Ashraful,I'm sure the selectors could have included Marshal and Shamsur in the squad. But they didn't. That is their problem, not yours or mine.

But you made this team looking to test new talents, and I respect that greatly. Which is why I'm puzzled why you would use such a term for Razzak and keep Ashraful in. Doesn't seem like a the selection of someone who is looking ahead for the future.
Old March 22, 2013, 03:44 PM
Street Cricketer

Default batting order

Dear Mufi_02,
Please see my reply to Roey Haque.
I found against low caliber pace, old ball pace and spinners anamul is somehow comfortable, so I have a sense that he might be successful in low middle order.
Except Tamim and Nasir all Bangladeshi batesmen suffer against fast bowling, although Tamim is also not that solid against pace.His timing still gives him lifeline.Nasir is perhaps capable to play as opener, but I want to keep him in late order to do the role of match finisher, moreover, in that stage, again pacers come.
Mushfique may seem solid,but he is also not top class batter, but he has a cool head and a bit of sense of responsibility, so I want to keep him in middle order, and no. 6 problem? when bangladesh bat on, i always feel we are already 2 down at least, so mushy is actually at 2 down and nasir at at 4 down.
in this team tamim is liliput jaysuria and abul is experimental kalu, and jahirul is dreamful guru.
no 5th bowler, occassionals will do th rest. in this squad there is no other bowler who is actually better than these occassionals.

Last edited by sarwar; March 22, 2013 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: i missed a question asked.
Old March 22, 2013, 03:52 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I know that. I heard you the first time.

I just don't like the term "automatic choice" for Razzak.
And as for finding no replacements for Ashraful,I'm sure the selectors could have included Marshal and Shamsur in the squad. But they didn't. That is their problem, not yours or mine.

But you made this team looking to test new talents, and I respect that greatly. Which is why I'm puzzled why you would use such a term for Razzak and keep Ashraful in. Doesn't seem like a the selection of someone who is looking ahead for the future.
please read my heading, i am not proposing the team for future, i just wanted to make a team from the squad with a different view.
Old March 22, 2013, 11:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

who will u drop when, shahadat hosaain peaks in his form ???
Old March 23, 2013, 12:08 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

A good experimental squad but it has one major flaw which Mufi also pointed out.You don't have bowlers to bowl you 10 overs out of the 50 overs. I can see Abul, Taskin, Razzak and Gazi giving you 40 overs but who will give you the remaining 10? Nasir and Mominul are highly inexperienced and with the new rules they are likely to get murdered. Ryad and Zia are both decent part time options and Ryad would be a much more suitable option for those 10 overs.