facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 19, 2011, 01:57 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Since we are being honest coach, what if we lost the toss and sent in to bat first. Would the result be different? I mean could BD stick around all 50 overs?

We did have better bowlers suited to this pitch though.
Good post . Hopefully Ian will read and respond.

Old October 19, 2011, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
I think we need to be honest. The pitch played a massive part in this win due the amount of turn, the slowness of the pitch and the low, low bounce. Thankfully, it went in Bangladesh's favour.

I was trying to explain this to fans in the chat room during the game because certain people there were getting blinded by the win of a match when the series was over.

The boys bowled superbly so let's not hide that fact. However it does seem that a match lasting just 40 overs or so, when 12 wickets fell, is not what you want from ODI matches.

Unlike the 58 all out on a very good batting track in Mirpur we posted, this 61 all out can be accredited to a very very difficult pitch to bat on. Even in the 8 wicket win, no batsmen looked comfortable and had to be very watchful.

I am pleased Shuvo and Nazmul nipped in for some wickets. Well bowled Shakib, too. The ball moved about and spun the entire innings. This is why I say the pitch was the biggest contributing factor. At Chittagong, I can see why the selectors might even consider playing an all spin attack. That cannot really be good for our cricket development, but at least it has given us all something to cheer about.

I just hope it doesn't mask the bigger issues. Knowing Stuart, I am sure it won't and he will not get carried away.
Could not agree more gaffa. A win like this is good for stats and morale but doesn't truly represent anything in real terms.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old October 19, 2011, 08:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

RE: @ post #43, This is why I didn't open a celebration thread this time(and no one did!) despite the fact this is a significant record-breaking revenge win for Bangladesh.