facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Who should be the first British Bangladeshi MP?
Rushanara Ali (Labour) 6 54.55%
Abjol Miah (Respect) 1 9.09%
Ajmal Masroor (Lib Dems) 1 9.09%
Zakir Khan (Conservatives) 1 9.09%
Farid Bakht (Green) 0 0%
Don't know 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 2, 2010, 12:42 PM
Street Cricketer

Default First British Bangladeshi MP!

Should be noticed as one of the great achievements to be made by Bangladeshis living abroad - elected as a member of parliament. All major parties within the Bethnal Green and Bow constituency in east London have chosen their candidates as Bangladeshi, for the Labour Party - Rushanara Ali, Respect - Abjol Miah, Lib Dems - Ajmal Masroor and Conservatives - Zakir Khan. Only one of them can succeed but who will it be?

Quote:
Bangladeshis have been involved in local politics ever since they first arrived in Britain, but Ajmal Masroor, the Liberal Democrat candidate, sees no reason why they can't set their sights even higher.

He says: "If black people, in their fight for liberation, emancipation and freedom have overcome prejudice and hundreds of years of slavery, and have now got a black president, if that's possible, tell me, what's not possible in the world?

"Why should Bangladeshis stop at becoming an MP? Why can't we one day have a Bangladeshi prime minister?"
Al Jazeera - London Bangladeshis aim for top job

Old May 2, 2010, 01:33 PM

I'd vote Respect. Interesting that George Galloway's not running from Bethnal Green this time. Where is he running from though?

Last edited by ammark; May 2, 2010 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: edit: silly mistake!
Old May 2, 2010, 03:28 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
I'd vote Respect. Interesting that George Galloway's not running from Bethnal Green this time. Where is he running from though?
Yes probably the best choice for us Muslims i think. He's moved to another constituency just next door to his previous one (Poplar), trying to increase the number of seats of the party which could play a role if there is a possibility of a hung parliament.
Old May 2, 2010, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Masroor looks a little evil tbh. He wouldnt look out of place as a bollywood villain.
Old May 2, 2010, 04:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

If my vote would count as a foreigner, I would definitely vote for Madam Rushanara Ali (Labour) as she is amazingly refreshing, beautiful, enrgetic and strong of a future MP for England, and she represents the Labour Party, I have great respect for this political institution and PM Brown! He is a great man and a good leader! Love and Peace!

Ooohh P.S. The recent Bull about PM Mr. Brown calling a super old hag bigot biatch a bigot was just right, and he shouldn't have apologized to the Nation and Labour Party supporters for that, too damn polite dude, that old woman was a bigot, screaming at him,"all these east europeans are flocking the country and taking all our Britons' jobs away, what are gonna do about it Mr. Brown?"....are you kidding mee?...Brown should have slapped her and said, "Shut the..., Put a Donk in it, work Harder, Biaouch,! And yeah, donm't vote for me, I don't need the vote from a racist evil scum like you!" That woman super pissed me off!!

Last edited by bujhee kom; May 2, 2010 at 05:20 PM..
Old May 2, 2010, 04:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

I have voted already by post.I would like to see Conservatives back in to power.
Old May 2, 2010, 05:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Exactly. What is wrong with calling someone bigoted? He should not have apologised. Man the media is really f*cked up these days. They make the biggest issue of the littlest of things and ignore the problems that need attention. The woman has apparently received a six figure paycheck for telling her side of the story. No prizes for guessing which paper paid her.
Old May 2, 2010, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

The two bangladeshi dudes look chor chor.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:06 PM
Cricket Savant

The middle guy looks like a Shao-lin Martial Arts guru Black belt but the lady is so pretty.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
The middle guy looks like a Shao-lin Martial Arts guru Black belt but the lady is so pretty.

You're not far off. If my memory hasnt failed me, Abjol was an Europian champion(?) in Phillipino martial art involving stick fight.

I would like br. Abjol to win, insha Allah. I have known him for number of years, although, we had no contacts over the last years. He has been involved with youth and community work since his youth in Bethnal green and East London. In my reckoniong, Respect is the only true political party headed by one of the very few true politicians left in Britain- George Galloway.

All the best to them.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

masroor will win it..suporting him although im not from tower hamlets
Old May 3, 2010, 11:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
masroor will win it..suporting him although im not from tower hamlets
Ajmal 'Jeremy Paxman' Masroor wont be too bad either. I wish he stood as an independent or a Respect candidate.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:08 PM
Cricket Legend

what I've heard non-Bengali inhabitants are not happy enough over these Bangladeshi candidates. they're thinking that these candidate wont work for them.
there's been an allegation that few mosques are taking part in preaching the issue of Islam tagging this election sorta illegal(!). Iraq war the other issue they're using.

overall its getting more like BD election scenario :p
eagerly waiting for 6th Nov!!
Old May 3, 2010, 01:27 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Vote for BNP!!

Old May 3, 2010, 11:34 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ Silly girl. The brochure is obviously a substitute for toilet paper. Unless her family uses Charmin Ultra Strong, she should take what she can get...
Old May 3, 2010, 11:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Hey bhais and apas, who are the BNPs in Britain?> Is it the British Nationalist Party? Are they a white centered political party? What's their motto and main core of beliefes?

Also who are the DAZs? Please fill us/me in, thank you so much, I am truly interested in knowing more about Britain's politics and the political parties there, thank you.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Hey bhais and apas, who are the BNPs in Britain?> Is it the British Nationalist Party? Are they a white centered political party? What's their motto and main core of beliefes?

Also who are the DAZs? Please fill us/me in, thank you so much, I am truly interested in knowing more about Britain's politics and the political parties there, thank you.
Its the British National Party, and their ideologies include White and British Nationalism, Euroscepticism and Right Wing Populism.

lol...DAZ is a laundry detergent sold mainly in the United Kingdom...
Old May 4, 2010, 12:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Ohhh..hahahah..thank you Farhad bheia...hahahahah!
Old May 4, 2010, 12:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

very interesting news
Old May 4, 2010, 01:26 PM
Cricket Guru

George Galloway is not the head of the Respect party. Salma Yaqoob is the only member of the Respect party who I feel is genuine.

Rushanara Ali is easily the most qualified candidate. She is best for the development of the area and for community cohesion. But I wouldn't be surprised if the closed-minded Bangalis, and there are quite a few of them in that area ignore all that and elect Masroor or Abjol Miah, who have no real credentials other than hosting TV shows.
Old May 4, 2010, 06:15 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:

DAZ is a white supremacist party that wants all Britons to be dazzling white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad

lol...DAZ is a laundry detergent sold mainly in the United Kingdom...
dude.. you ruined it
Old May 5, 2010, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Conservatives should win tomorrow hopefully, other wise its hung parliament and Britain would be ****ed.
Old May 7, 2010, 08:16 AM
Street Cricketer

And the majority have voted right!..Rushanara Ali is the first Bangladeshi MP elected in the British Parliament! She won by a massive swing of 14.1% from Respect.

Here are the results:
Rushanara Ali (Labour) 21,784/42.9%/+8.4
Ajmal Masroor (Liberal Democrat) 10,210/20.1%/+7.8
Abjol Miah (Respect) 8,532/(16.8%)/-19.8
Zakir Khan (Conservative) 7,071/13.9 /+2.0

And also from the next door consitutency of Poplar & Limehouse, George Galloway came surprisingly 3rd place which was won by Labour Jim Fitzpatrick! George didn't even bother to turn up for the results lol
Old May 7, 2010, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Should have known the Tower Hamlet Bengalis would vote conservative. Theyre mostly poor, and relying on benefits.
Old May 7, 2010, 11:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Good decision. The best candidate has won. Both Abjol and Galloway have been overwhelmingly rejected. They have realised that a vote for Respect is a vote wasted. Kudos to them. I lost all respect for Respect when they brought their campaign into mosques.