facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old May 8, 2012, 12:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Well, Phoenix is through and I expect the same of Jersey tomorrow. Caps-Rangers is still a toss-up IMHO.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Old May 8, 2012, 01:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Being the lone Blueshirts fan here I should be posting more.

Call us fortunate, lucky or other not so kind words but I know this team is legit and i'll take em vs any squad left. We got a couple of bounces go our way to be up 3-2 vs the Caps, especially yesterday. Wouldn't shock me if it went 7 I think we close em out in DC.

Round 1: Alot of folks picked against the Rangers, because Ottawa was one of the handful of teams that gives the Rangers trouble (Pitt and Toronto [Yes the Leafs] would be the other) and the other was because the Rangers are a real young team. We got past them, still don't get credit they say it's 95% Lundqvist. Well Lundqvist is a part of the Rangers folks have to deal with that.

Round 2: Again not many are picking us, some are on the Holtby Bandwagon (very good goalie) and theres the part finally beating the Caps in a best of 7. The series isnt over yet but were one win away.

To an outsider, we don't look very impressive a #1 seed getting pushed to the brink vs the #7 and #8 seeds respectively, but to anybody who's watched this team knows we don't win because of Talent, we get by on guts and outworking the opponents.
Old May 8, 2012, 08:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Welcome back cricman. I agree. The Rangers defensive structure is brilliant. You rarely see a breakdown and when that happens, Lundqvist is usually there. You don't win the East by accident. Rangers deserve it, and I think they close out Caps next game. Caps won't be able to recover from the crushing loss yesterday.

Strangely, the Leafs give us a ton of trouble too. We had a losing record against them again, including the back to back losses towards the end of the season that prevented the Pens to leapfrog the Rangers for the no.1 spot. We were only one pt behind !! Some teams just have the number of one team. For example : Sabres can't beat us ever. I think every other game Ryan Miller gets pulled against Pens. Its weird.

Anyway...good luck..
Old May 8, 2012, 11:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Philly's out and as much as I like Giroux, can't say I'm sorry. They've always rubbed me the wrong way, and some of their fans, easily the worst in the league don't help change that at all. The Orange got crushed and I'm looking forward to the Turnpike series in the Eastern finals. I don't think the Caps will make it even if they push it to game 7 which they probably will. Lundquivst gives them the edge Richter did once.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 9, 2012 at 02:30 AM..
Old May 9, 2012, 10:09 AM
Cricket Guru

The Devils are doing what they always did. Take a lead and play suffocating D. No way you cracking through the neutral zone after that. Flyers had no answer. Giroux suspension didn't help matters. Oh well, its bye bye for them too. Looks like its gonna be Rangers-Devils ECF. I think Rangers close it out tonight. You don't want a Game 7 at home. History has been brutal to home teams in Game 7.
Old May 9, 2012, 09:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Never Easy ... Saturday Night should be fun if your a neutral
Old May 10, 2012, 12:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Never Easy ... Saturday Night should be fun if your a neutral
I'm looking forward to it.
Old May 12, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Rangers persevere in 7 yet again. I hope they have enough left in the tank for 14 more. As series wins go, timely goal scoring is obviously a factor but great team defense with the ability to withstand sustained pressure has been the key to their success. When the puck does slip through the grid, there's always Lundquivst to stop 95-97% of the shots. Admirable stuff reminiscent of the Bruins last year, but Jersey would be their toughest opponents yet, and if they make it to the SCF, LA would be even tougher to play against. It's getting harder with the potential of an epic season in the making. Call me a snob but I'll always have a soft spot for every Original Six team except those Maple Leafs of course. It's the hockey culture tempered by tradition I suppose.

I've been impressed by Del Zotto. He's a solid young player as aptly indicated by his overall +/- numbers to date. Unheralded guys with good +/- numbers especially in the playoffs are the ones who get you the Cup in the end. Last year's Bruins and this year's Kings are a good example of that. The more such players the merrier, say the "money puck" folks and they're absolutely spot on.

Last edited by Sohel; May 13, 2012 at 08:28 AM..
Old May 13, 2012, 08:50 PM
Cricket Savant

WCF, game 1 ... 2-2 after 2 in Arizona with LA blowing leads twice. What a set up for an intense 3rd period!
Old May 13, 2012, 09:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Brown scores! 3-2 LA, their 3rd lead in the game. What an outlet pass from Voynov right to Brown's tape. Conn Smythe performances from Captain Brown so far.
Old May 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
Cricket Savant

KIngs score the ENG! Win 4-2 and now a perfect 6-0 on the road. The combination of great goaltending, relentless forechecking and backchecking, disrupting every pass and shot with their sticks in all 3 zones, and incredible finishing is doing it for them. My money's on them to win the Cup this year.
Old May 14, 2012, 06:36 PM
Cricket Savant

G1 of ECF in 30 minutes. Jersey has the edge in forwards and special teams but NY in defense, goaltending and coaching.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
Cricket Savant

3-0 Rangers with 2 + 1 ENG in the 3rd. Lundquivst gets his 2nd shutout of the playoffs and I suspect it won't be his last. The Rangers have the most underrated defense with solid 2-way ability in the league.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:23 PM
Cricket Savant

3-0 LA in the 3rd. Looks like their perfect record on the road is staying perfect. I'm beginning to spell Lundqvist's name correctly for once. What a goalies battle we may have in the making for the SCF.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:32 PM
Cricket Savant

4-0 LA ...
Old May 16, 2012, 07:33 PM
Cricket Savant

1-0 Jersey! Scary looking PP with lots of puck movement and Kovalchuk scores.
Old May 16, 2012, 08:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Rangers score on the PP and we're tied 1-1 early in the 2nd. Marty made a good save right before the goal.
Old May 16, 2012, 08:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Another PPG from NYR, 2-1 in the 2nd.
Old May 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Jersey scores the first even strength goal of the game, tied at 2 towards the end of 2.
Old May 17, 2012, 01:11 AM
Cricket Savant

Jersey wins game two 3-2. This may go to 7 games also but totally expecting a clean sweep from the Kings in the WCF. California Uber Alles!

Last edited by Sohel; May 17, 2012 at 03:30 AM..
Old May 17, 2012, 10:29 AM
Cricket Guru

I am back from a trip to NYC. Had a nice weekend sandwiched by work week from Thu-Tue. Rained a lot on Sunday as I walked by MSG Sunday afternoon. Highlight of the trip : Got yelled and cursed by a fifty something loser type for rocking my #87 T !! Lol...

Anyway, NYR-NJ should go the distance. I am amazed by LA. They are rocking. They have come together at the right time. Funny how they squeezed in at the last days of regular season. Jonathan Quick is the best goalie right about now, with all due respect to Henrik and Martin. Do or die for Phoenix today. They better get one now or its too late..
Old May 17, 2012, 09:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Heckling is a part of NYC sports culture but the ones in Philly really cross the line. That being said, your 87 T will provoke that type in certain cities, especially in the east.

I'm having a blast watching the Kings. Brown, Kopitar, Richards and Carter lead a pack of hungry, playful Orcas out on the hunt. Relentless puck pursuit and aggressive forechecking, backchecking and PK will do it for them this year. Quick and the solid D in front of him will make sure that they lift the Cup. They're peaking at the right time while the Rangers and the Devils, especially NY, will be exhausted after the series goes to 7.

Tied at 1-1 after 2.
Old May 17, 2012, 10:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Kings score and take a 2-1 lead
Old May 19, 2012, 12:51 PM
Cricket Savant

Tied scoreless after 1. NYR failed to have a shot on goal for 11 minutes, including during the PP. NJD's playing solid defense but WTF dudes!!! Better find a way to generate some, ANY offense during the 2nd.
Old May 19, 2012, 01:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Still 0-0 after 2. Great goalies battle with Marty looking like his old, 90s self. NYR did much better offensively but still can't get the forecheck going.