facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 27, 2009, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
... in other words we try to re-invent the wheel.
True.

Old July 27, 2009, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

he's fine in ODIs and tests, shouldn't be in the t20 team though, we already know the outcome of that one.
Old July 27, 2009, 11:33 PM

He is doing fine in TEST and ODI as long as he play according to game plan, let him grow, rectify and improve his game.
Old July 27, 2009, 11:47 PM
Cricket Sage

i'm more concerned about nayeem, he's not a bowling all rounder, he's suppose to be a batsman who can bowl a bit, our management turned it around completely
Old July 28, 2009, 12:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

relax ... anyone of you remember gurusinha in wc 1996 winning srilanka team? he was the lone slow batsman among all the stroke players. we do need someone like rakibul in odi team. t20, he should be replaced by somelike kapali or aftab.
Old July 28, 2009, 12:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Our problem is we are so much incapable of handling good potentials. We are trying to convert a good batsman to a bowling all rounder which is not a good sign.
Learning by mistakes. But it only happens when you accept your mistake. If you put the burden of your experiments on the players and make him look incapable or not good enough, you only go on to spoil another. No learning.

Ashaful is one such case, after going through all damn experiments now all blame is on him that he cannot do it. Allah knows who is next...hope it's not Rakibul

Last edited by BANFAN; July 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM..
Old July 28, 2009, 12:42 AM
Club Cricketer

if raqibul shud only play test...then i wonder why rahul dravid played so many ODIs

( im assuming raqibul n dravid hav similar attributes in terms of patience n playing a long (test like) innings.

this idea of leaving him out of odi..n possibly t20 is stupid. in a great sense...these formats giv u the mindset to score runs..tell diff from good/bad balls. etc we dont want a playr to bat a day n make only 50 runs.

in my opinion..playing all 3 for him..cud make him wat hussey is for australia ( or used to be if we take away his current form)
Old July 28, 2009, 12:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Default the hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateCut
Are we destroying Raqibul also? In my judgment he is the only other (besides Javed Omar) batsman we have who could be a successful boring test batsman. Playing Raqibul in ODI is destroying his mind set. He should not be turned into another Aftab. He has the temperament to stay on the crease for long period thereby tiring the bowler and fielders. For a batsman, this is an asset in the longer version of the game and a liability in the shorter one. Why is he thrust into a situation where clearly not suited?
time after time i have seen people critising this young lad ... what is the reason behind it? Many times in the ODI he brought us out of a black hopeless pitch hole so he deserves to play in it and either there is no better replacement for him. and dont even mention alok kapali as a replacement for him cause that guy is glamorous maybe in 1 in 10 matches which is nothing special at all ... just cause he showed some hitting in ICL dosent have nothing to do with this and raqibul handels the presure very well!! I LIKE HIM AS A PLAYER! and his attitude and approach toward pressure ,,,
Old July 28, 2009, 12:44 AM
Club Cricketer

^^ i guess som ppl hav narrow mindset ability..can only smash or blok, but not both..n by advocating for the 'keep him for test only' idea..ur encouraging narrow mindedness n lack of overal criketing ability.

Last edited by raf-stah; July 28, 2009 at 04:45 AM..
Old July 28, 2009, 04:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

no way dude.
Raqib started his carreer in Odis,he was brilliant agnst Ind,Sril(twice) etc.
ODIs is the format that suits him the most.
Just keep him out of T20.
Old July 28, 2009, 05:23 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
no way dude.

Just keep him out of T20.
Old July 28, 2009, 06:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Test or ODI? "Does Raquibul have sound batting techniques?" is perhaps a more relevant question. Raquibul had brought in a couple of things that was sorely missing in the Bangladesh batsmen:

1. He could put a ball away in the gully gap with a very soft touch. No "rush-of-blood" that had become a trademark of our outs.

2. Second, his cover drive. This bread and butter shot does not need to be hurried or pushed. Yet, most of our batsmen never had a solid, compact cover drive. I hardly see Tamim play it even now. After Raquib comes in, I noticed even Ash was trying to improve his own cover drive.

We all know he can occupy the middle and score runs at the same time. That 2nd Test 2nd innings he played with Sakib would actually qualify for a good, solid ODI one. He also has an ODI average that is much better than his brief Test career at present. I don't think he should stop playing ODIs.

There is one point to ponder about his outs. More than once, I've seen him getting out while playing classic, sound techniques against seamers. After watching his videos multiple times, I am convinced it has to do with bounce. If there is an extra bounce, or even normal bounce off hard pitches, he gets beaten. He gets surprised also.

If you think about it, Raqibul spent countless hours on low, dust-bowl pitches in Bangladesh, playing perhaps thousands of deliveries. He scored so many runs. This prolonged practice gave him the patience and skills that have made him successful. however, this also might have given him some bad habits, such as, left elbow may not be too high while playing on hard pithces. He may need to adjust his reflexes also.

Once he gets to play more bouncy, faster deliveries, he will be much much better. So, he actually needs the ODI exposure to improve.

My 2 cents.
this is very true he just needs practice to get used to this condition as he gets very very low i have noticed mabe siddons should work with him on that
Old July 28, 2009, 07:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Its a pure question of strategy..I like his attitude to cricket. He's reliable. He shud stay in both ODIs and tests long as he gets runs. Its others such as Naeem and Ash who'd be in question. DOn't disturb the team balance when they're doing well..so leave it
Old July 28, 2009, 07:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

There is still a long way for Raqibul to even prove in Test matches. What has he done in Test matches? Nothing special. How about his techniques? He has definite problems against fast short pitch deliveries. He has also foot work problem. Often he used to play away from his body while playing cover and square drive.

But still I would rate him as a good batsman who has to improves lot of his techniques. There is no way he stops playing ODI. He should play ODI. He just needs to pick up more singles in the shorter format of the game.

In T20 plese no Raqibul. Just killing him as a batsman.
Old July 28, 2009, 03:13 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Cant see why Raqib shouldnt be able to moonlight successfully between Test and ODI!

But, I think he should be kept away from T20, though.

good thinking. i think he is a good ODI and test player
Old July 28, 2009, 06:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Dude if anything, I sometimes really wonder what Naeem Islam is doing in the team...He doesnt look anything more than a part time offspinner who will get r@ped by any decent player of spin bowling (remember T20 and Yuvraj)....He is neither a very good batsmen. He has nil footwork..

anyways thats just my 2 cents...
If you look at Naeem's all previous mateches- domestic to Under 19 and others, you will agree that Naeem is one of the finest batsmans in BD team. He needs to be played in upper order.