facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2009, 06:11 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Five Musketeers

According to BCB decision, from now on ... Ashraful must consult with Mashrafe, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim and Roqibul Hasan before making any crucial on-field or off-field decision.

These 5 cricketers will form the core (senior?) management group of Bangladesh team.

It somehow discredits Ashraful's position as the captain of the team, but on a positive note we will probably see more rational decisions in the future. It might also help to build future leadership.

Ashraful has also lost the authority to make independent decisions on toss. he must consult with coach, manager and computer analyst before the toss.

Ash probably earned it, but IMO, it's too harsh on a captain.

BCB have found an interesting and debatable way to solve the captaincy riddle.

Old January 20, 2009, 06:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Not a good idea ..wrong signals to the captain.Either give him complete control or sack him.Dont humiliate him ! This might effect his batting
Old January 20, 2009, 06:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Not a bad idea. It clearly shows Mushfiq and Sakib can be the next captain in making. The decision to put Rakibul in there is interesting but they must have seen something in Rakibul.
Old January 20, 2009, 06:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Not a good idea ..wrong signals to the captain.Either give him complete control or sack him.Dont humiliate him ! This might effect his batting
How is it going to effect his batting? He is not consistent enough to begin with. It's a warning and I like that because I don't see anyone replacing him quite yet.
Old January 20, 2009, 06:19 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Bharat, you are missing one thing, and that is his batting is crap already. It might even motivate him to perform better after such humiliation. But that would be too much to ask for I suppose.
Old January 20, 2009, 06:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Hopefully our scoreboard doesn't turn out to be "All for one, one for all."

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 20, 2009, 06:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

I somehow agree with Bharat. if he can't perform the job, simply remove him from the position.
Old January 20, 2009, 06:43 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
I somehow agree with Bharat. if he can't perform the job, simply remove him from the position.
BCB cited lack of alternative as the reason for not removing Ash.
Old January 20, 2009, 06:57 PM
Cricket Sage

May be its a right decision may be its not... only time will tell, But its unusual as well as better than doing nothing.

However there is few things to point it out (as some folks already pointed it out)

1. It will undermind the captain's authority and respect further.
2. It may work out few cases, but too many unoffical leaders may also create chaotic and grouping and internal conflict.
3. People with minimum self restpect would quit from captaincy if they were in Ash's shoe.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

This imo is a good decision. Ash makes many mistakes on the field and consulting with the others can resolve these. This means that we have co-captains. Siddons really likes raqibal.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:12 PM
Test Cricketer

I like this idea!! Good thinking BCB.. one thing though why he has to consult with so many players? we might end up getting over rate penalty..
Old January 20, 2009, 07:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Ouch for Ash! TIs gonna give him a big headache now..cudn't the BCB just tell him thisd privately, instead of announcing it to the whole world? He now can't take ownership for any decisions...good or bad. We might have to open five threads for captain-bashing for every loss from now on.Does he seriously have to consult them for every field-placing from now on?

Btw, say bye-bye to good over-rates. With 5 captains, we'd be lucky to finish within an hour of alloted time.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

interesting solution, don't mind it because it will give shakib some captaincy like experience but hopefully without the burden. does discredit and disrespect ashraful though.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Actually it should've been done already. What I mean by that is a captain do usually talk to his vice-captain and other senior players before making an important decision or the toss. Making him do that now show he clearly hasn't done that all this time. At the same time, it brings more responsibility on the other senior players while Ash gets to make the final call. Some of the things are so obvious I am surprised BCB has to tell him and the team management hasn't implemented them over the years. One of the main stretergy a coach should discuss with the captain is what to do after the toss. Either they don't have a good relationship, or Siddons just overestimated Ash's ability or maybe Ash just don't listen. Whatever the case was, it wasn't healthy. I hope it gets better.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:22 PM
Cricket Sage

.. that may also means that thr managment further minimized the accountability factor... now for mistakes there will be nobody to blame.... and I suspect blame will go more towards the new members than towards Ash or mashrafee.

...if the leader cannot lead, why do we need the that leader anyway.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:29 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
What kind of batting? With his kind of average even a tail ender can challenge his batting ability.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Actually it should've been done already. What I mean by that is a captain do usually talk to his vice-captain and other senior players before making an important decision or the toss. Making him do that now show he clearly hasn't done that all this time. At the same time, it brings more responsibility on the other senior players while Ash gets to make the final call. Some of the things are so obvious I am surprised BCB has to tell him and the team management hasn't implemented them over the years. One of the main stretergy a coach should discuss with the captain is what to do after the toss. Either they don't have a good relationship, or Siddons just overestimated Ash's ability or maybe Ash just don't listen. Whatever the case was, it wasn't healthy. I hope it gets better.
this is a good post, it does make ash look bad that it's been announced like this but it's something that should have been happening ever since he had the captaincy, being that it was announced like this suggests it wasn't happening which tbh is poor captaincy in itself.
Old January 20, 2009, 07:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, mushy

actually this way itz not gonna be ash's fault evertime sumthing goes wrong. so Bcb is tryin to help ashraful. itz a pretty good decision. Also I think Bcb wants to make raqib capt down the road
Old January 20, 2009, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

I think its a good decision by BCB. But it all depends on the 5 musketeers. They all have to respect each other to make it into fusion.
Old January 20, 2009, 08:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Its a peculiar decision. I guess only in Bangladesh this can happen,,,What if they cant agree with a decision? And what if a democratic decision failed? This also means that BCB has no trust in Mashrafee either or has sensed that there is a difference in the two. They would've said the captain must consult with the vice captain,, but they included 3 more players. Certainly, Ashraful is being chastised and insulted by this decision. In fact, Enayet Shiraj, head of operations, said openly that hiring Ashraful as the captain was a mistake. I don't know what else is left for Ashraful to prove at this point other than he is also another BD captain who would not leave the post with dignity. If a captain is forced to consult half of his team to make a decision,, whats the need of him?
Old January 20, 2009, 08:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Any source?
Old January 20, 2009, 08:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

If you have watched the first ODI, you may have noticed, he actually did have a meeting with few players at slip- Raqibul, Zunayed, Mash, Sakib and Rahim. And it appeared they were not agreeing on who will bowl right before Ash decided to give it to Rubel. BCB may be dumbfounded with Ash's mistake one after another and now trying to stop him from taking BD further down by putting some decision making embargo. It would be funny to watch how it goes, looking forward to the national lampoon!
Old January 20, 2009, 08:15 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think based on the current situation and "no other alternative" this is the best BCB could do now. This will help release some pressure from Ash and I really hope they would take god united decision from now on ......

Ash: Prodhan Upodeshta
Others: Upodeshta ...
i.e, sucess

Good learning BCB ....

Let today be THE new day ....
Old January 20, 2009, 08:49 PM
Banned

bangladeshis are a rare breed. They are hardly humiliated. Like me, this one time, at band camp, no sorry, at the beach, my trunks slipped off, and I ran around like crazy, enjoying the lack of weight..but anyway, it will make him take himself more seriously. He'll be less inclined to go with his "gut" feeling, and supreme arrogance of not needing to think twice...and so on.
Old January 20, 2009, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

This idea has incompetence written all over, the captain, BCB and bangladesh cricket.

Soon we will have a mutiny.