facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 12, 2016, 11:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan
Default Expectations from BPL 2016

Till this date I have not found one good reason on why we are hosting such a league. Never did it do us any good and it only had negatives in the previous tournaments. Its not like Bpl made out players any smarter or any better skill wise. Matter of fact, never did Bpl find a incredibly rare talent that Bangladesh could really use. This leagues status and quality is really low and dont even get me started on how its rub and handled. The pitches are either flatter than pancakes or its so bad that teams get bundled for 60/70 constantly.

So this time around I would like to see some real changes. I want the cricket standards to be high and I want it to be challenging for everyone playing. If you look long term, Bangladesh has mostly away games in the next year or so amd that includes Champions Trophy. So if Bcb keeps that in mind, they should really use thid years Bpl as a real tester for upcoming challenges. I want to see pitched that support those seaming amd swinging conditions like in England. I want to see our pacers lead the way in each teams and would also like to see some leggies being used. (Serious leg spin issues for Bd) All in all, I wanna see Bpl become meaningfull to our cricket and want some really good talented players to come up. Hoping for some high quality cricket and hoping for pitches that supports everyone, including pace, bounce, swing, seam and especially we have to keep in mind about what is beneficial for Bangladesh in the long run.

Old October 12, 2016, 11:16 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

- find a seam AR
- find a decent spinner
- find another shabbir
Old October 12, 2016, 11:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

First of all, its the 4th edition of the BPL. You are right about the 3rd BPL, it was rather useless in both skill development and player hunting.

What we really need in the BPL is flat tracks with a bit of green tinge so that batsman can score some runs and also pace bowlers can get some purchase. Last year's pitches were absolutely disastrous - uneven bounce, variation in speed off the pitch.

I think just playing the BPL will help because:
-We are going to slowly improve our skills in T20s which atm is still subpar
-Matches being televised means this will be a better measure of the ability of the players under pressure
-The players will have the experience of playing with some international stalwarts.

Ideally, we would love to see the emergence of a
1) Hard hitting batting allrounder who can bowl spin
2) Useful hitter lower down the order who can bowl pace
3) A genuine spinner who bowls with the right hand, although a chinaman wouldn't be too bad but they don't exist in top level cricket, atleast not in BD
Old October 12, 2016, 11:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Yah you guys have your expectations right. But unfortunately none of those expectations got fulfilled in the last 3 editions. We havent found one single player from bpl that we can boast around about. Dont have spinners that can turn the ball and I dont see us finding one anythime soon as this is the culture in our domestic picnic cricket. Again, if batters dont have common sense, them doesnt matter how much muscle you have, its no use. We have enough examples of that. And our quicks,?? Oh boy!!! Except Mashrafe and Mustafiz, none of the orhers use their fraking brain! Like **** man if our players used their heads, we would in much better position after all these years of international cricket.