facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Should Mushfiqur be stripped of captaincy?
Yes 61 42.07%
No 71 48.97%
Don't know 13 8.97%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 5, 2013, 09:06 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Hey 22yards. I saw that. Stop copying me man. Just kidding..

Captaincy propelled Mushy to become a better and consistent batsman. But he seems clueless when it comes to using bowlers. I dont know if he plays any hand in picking Shahadat but he keeps giving the bowl to shahadat at crucial moments. I dont think he rates Nazmul as a good bowler. He took Nazmul off whenever he got hit for a boundary but persisted with so called speedguns like abul/ rubel/ sahadat even when they were being hit. Yes, mushy doesnt have enough luxury like ponting/imran khan had. But with limited opportunities, i have seen bashar, ashraful and shakib utilizing the bowlers.

Our batting department never looked better. With two players particularly Nasir and Mominul. I see a great future. Nasir is a proven one while mominul still has a lot to prove but he can be our middle order solution. And Ash 2.0 looks better than ever before. Add shakib, mushy and tamim in the mix and we hv a hell of batting line up.

Mashrafee is a fighter. Gazi seems like a good prospect. He and shakib can produce the goods.

Finally, we need to play nazmul. Seriously guyz, its been too long and absurd that he is being sidelined like this. Injuries hasnt been his friend either. But we need nazmul. Because line and length. Imagine mash and naz with their line and length bowling craeting pressure and gettring rid of the top order and letting shak and gazi to do their magic. That will be a good bowling lind up.

Please no more bowlers with high econ rates and who cant bowl maintaing line and length.

Old April 5, 2013, 02:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
No it wasn't. Stop inventing stuff. Before the Zim series, we got decimated by Australia at home and then before that there was the WC, the less said about that the better.

How about you take out the wins against the non-G8 teams and that sham of a tour to the Caribbean and see what Shakib's stats as captain look like? Mushfiq has yet to play against any non-G8 teams so far as captain. He has a 41% win rate against G8 teams.
Yeah and I too agree that stats don't tell the whole story. Now please compare the team that Shakib played with the most recent team that mushfiq is in charge.
Old April 5, 2013, 06:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
I don't know what you're trying to say but the stats above are for ODIs just in case you're talking about the recent T20I...
Format doesn't matter if you are only targeting opponents to compare captains and their captaincy. Mushi faced a Minnow team but could not deliver. Because of his and only his decision Shahadat bowled at the death. Do you not agree that we could have had a different outcome had he played his cards differently? - No excuse just bad captaincy.

As bad as Tamim saying, "if I and Riyad bhai couldn't hit the ball, no one in our team could."

Bashing others saying they played against Minnow teams (WI - depleted team) but not considering SL's gift as a minnow team. Double standard. At least Shakib did win some of those games by himself.

Some dislike Shakib. I get that. Give him credit for his performance at least. He is no putuputu "yes sir", "no sir" captain. That is why he got removed. I wouldn't talk bad about the #1 player in the world.
Old April 5, 2013, 06:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Bashing others saying they played against Minnow teams (WI - depleted team) but not considering SL's gift as a minnow team. Double standard. At least Shakib did win some of those games by himself.

Some dislike Shakib. I get that. Give him credit for his performance at least. He is no putuputu "yes sir", "no sir" captain. That is why he got removed. I wouldn't talk bad about the #1 player in the world.
Why are you conflating individual performance with the team's performance under his captaincy? Can you show me where exactly I denied Shakib's contributions as a player? Yes you can keep thinking that's why he got removed from the captaincy. I believe it was the fact that the team was making zero progress under him. And nice of you to insinuate that I dislike Shakib just because I criticised his captaincy. At least I am not someone who overrates a particular player to the max and sees everything he does as gold. If I see him as a below-average captain I am going to call it as it is, no matter how good a player he is.

Quote:
Format doesn't matter if you are only targeting opponents to compare captains and their captaincy. Mushi faced a Minnow team but could not deliver. Because of his and only his decision Shahadat bowled at the death. Do you not agree that we could have had a different outcome had he played his cards differently? - No excuse just bad captaincy.
And he deserves to be sacked on the basis of a one-off T20 result?
Old April 5, 2013, 06:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Yards
Yeah and I too agree that stats don't tell the whole story. Now please compare the team that Shakib played with the most recent team that mushfiq is in charge.
Only difference I see is Nasir. Bowling has deteriorated. Plus Mushy is having to make do without Shakib and Tamim a lot.
Old April 5, 2013, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Overall as far as I understand,I have to admit that Mushy is not a good tactitian. But he is a good leader. A good leader quickly accomodates lackings as per need. May be Mushy is a bit slow in learning but I have faith on him. He will improve his tactical skills as he have improved his batting and keeping. Under him team is doing really well and stats are with him.
We need to remember that to lead a team like Bangladesh is really tough job.
Old April 5, 2013, 07:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Only difference I see is Nasir. Plus Mushy is having to make do without Shakib and Tamim.
Kayes used to be as slow as molasses in ODIs so much so that oppositions thought they were playing test -> was replaced by Anamul BOOM 100 on debut although quite ordinary after that but atleast he does not waste deliveries a la Kayes.

Junaid another slow "lucky to get 30" guy -> replaced by Jahurul, Nafees who I wouldn't say a lot better but can give you runs quickly. It will be even better if Ash 2.0 can grab this spot.

Rockibul, do i need to say more ? -> mominul/Mushfiq (not the old one but the new responsible one)

Mullah -> Mullah; was a sissy and still a sissy.

Naeem -> Nasir; can't even compare there.

Shuvo and co -> Gazi how can you forget him ? Plus sunny had a few good outing Vs the West Indies and helped win a few matches for Mushfiq against so called G8 team.

Yet I do agree the pacers took a step back in this era compared to previous. Rubel was in very good form before his injury.
Old April 18, 2013, 01:08 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

When Mushfiqur took an ultra-defensive approach while fielding, I was seething. Looks like Isam shared my frustration in his CI article Mushfiqur needs a new mantra.
Old April 18, 2013, 07:48 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Still waiting for the day when we will have a decent captain like Shakib who is not afraid to attack even at the expense of a few runs. Mushy is a great people person and that's about it. He doesn't know how to rotate bowlers and get the best out of them. It's always pick a favorite out of the four and bowl him to death policy. Previous tests it was Gazi and this series it will be Robiul
Old April 18, 2013, 10:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

That talk by Mushy shows how far we still have to go in order to win Tests on a regular basis. We can't just expect to dry out runs and have defensive fields. Teams aren't going to throw their wickets away and we saw how Zimbabwe just let go of the deliveries of the deliveries that didn't threaten their wickets and eventually scored off the bad deliveries. This kind of plan works okay for ODIs but in Test cricket, you need to be more aggressive, attack the stumps and have aggressive fields set. This is why SL and WI could just pile so many runs without getting out. Same thing would happen here if we weren't playing Zimbabwe
Old April 18, 2013, 10:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Too defensive minded captain. Now that we have stronger team and we are playing for Win, Rahim need to change his mindset and become more aggressive captain. If he cannot, then we may have to pick someone from new breed like Nasir for example.

However one thing I like about Rahim the captain is : he is a team uniter like Mashrafee used to be in his brief sting with captaincy.
Old April 19, 2013, 03:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ Its not the captain its the team.
Old April 19, 2013, 12:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

The blame for this embarrsing conditions goes to the captain and the management. They have chosen only 2 pacers on this seaming track where one of them (Rubel) is useless. Spinners are not effective at all.

The basic of test cricket is if you win the toss, bat first. But our intelligent management did the opposite. The 1st day was best for batting. The wicket is deteriorating day by day.
Old April 19, 2013, 12:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
When Mushfiqur took an ultra-defensive approach while fielding, I was seething. Looks like Isam shared my frustration in his CI article Mushfiqur needs a new mantra.
Yes. I hadn't noticed how HaBa-esque he is because we were playing stronger teams, but against ZIM when you give your best spinners just 2 close catchers even when a tailender is new to the crease it reeks of being a pansy.

His batting and his words are moderately or adequately courageous, but his captaincy is as brain dead as it is cowardly.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 19, 2013, 12:48 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

have to see the result of all the matches on this tour.
Old April 19, 2013, 01:03 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
^^^ Its not the captain its the team.
i support it. but then again, sakib did lose his captaincy over the last series loss to Zimbabwe.

i m supporting it in the sense that none of our players have improved in the two years - experienced players should have learnt something since 2011, but the only improved player seems to be robiul.

the other player - nasir could not do anything; so we have to wait and see how he plays on this tour.

if zia or abul were fit, i m sure this would have been an ideal opportunity for them.

about mominul - personally i would have liked him to carry the drinks on this tour. because i think he is not ready yet. as was robiul in 2011. but seems like all the experienced players of Bangladesh will just follow their tradition in not being reliable just when it matters.
Old April 19, 2013, 04:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

My question what does the coach do, when he continues to make the same blunder match after match, series after series? What does the coach do when the game is on, before and after a days play? I remember during Dav Whatmore's time, we used to correct our previous day's mistake the following day. You can easily see how active ZIM's coaches are along the boundary lines, through messengers throughout the match etc. In our case, the coach is just as much ineffective as a fan on the stand. Mushy's poor captaincy is a direct reflection of a very poor head coach.
Old April 19, 2013, 05:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
The blame for this embarrsing conditions goes to the captain and the management. They have chosen only 2 pacers on this seaming track where one of them (Rubel) is useless. Spinners are not effective at all.

The basic of test cricket is if you win the toss, bat first. But our intelligent management did the opposite. The 1st day was best for batting. The wicket is deteriorating day by day.
Old April 19, 2013, 05:07 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Wait for him to come with some more clueless excuses after they lose tomorrow. Definitely
Old April 19, 2013, 05:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:

Mushy and management are to blamed for many things but what explains this pathetic moronic terrible 134 score? For that we can't blame Mushy or SJ, selectors or anyone.

After tea, Nasir played two drives and missed both, 3rd ball tried again and got a nick. Shakib started playing every ball and should have left the one he got out. Riyad played far from his body, more suited for t20/ODI.

We think we are just looking for a scapegoat and its easy to point at mushy and management. In fact all the batsmen are to be blamed.

Zim scoring 389 is reasonable. But we scoring 134 is beyond acceptable.
Old April 19, 2013, 05:29 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

I don't think any knee jerk reactions will do anyone any good. The team in general hasn't performed well.
Old April 19, 2013, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Mushfiq will get dropped as captain after this series mark my words.
Old April 19, 2013, 08:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:

they have started with a mistake ........ and if they continue to do this then i will start raising questions about the captain and team management.

if a similar pitch is being presented in the second test , i would say ....... drop both rubel and enamul and play shahadat and sajedul.

enamul did a decent job but with shakib bowling a second SLA is not required. i will be even tempted to keep rubel and drop gazi. play 4 seamers that is robiul, rubel, shahadat and sajedul.

in these conditions shahadat may be a better option than gazi
Old April 19, 2013, 09:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Strip Mushy and make Nafees the captain.
All joke aside,
iIn this particular case, blame goes to all our top order bats men. They failed us.
Old April 19, 2013, 10:56 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Is there a book called "Cricket Captaincy for Dummies?" If not, I might approach the publisher.