facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 16, 2010, 06:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

80+ mph is enough in international cricket. SHahadat bowls around 83 and so does SHafiul.

Old January 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

shafiul bowls 83mph+, i saw him get it up to 85/86 and that was just from a highlights package, his slowest ball from what i saw was 131/132 so he should have enough pace, definitely gets nice bounce and has nice lines when he gets it right so i'm excited to see hwat he can do.
Old January 17, 2010, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antora
He has played 11 fist class matches. The doesn't deserve to play test as yet!!
see what I said ?
if you have watched the match, he has been the pick of the bowlers this morning, FAR ahead of the others.
with some luck he would have got both sehwag and gambhir.

playing first class cricket is a way to see if the player's good enough. he has already shown in the ODI series that he is. when you are missing all your main pacers it doesn't hurt to try a promising youngster rather than play the same old experienced good for nothing bowlers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
hey, he looks a promising bowler. don't write him off.
Old January 17, 2010, 01:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

i really think it's time for management to put some time and effort into subashis, he's supposed to bowl with decent pace but also with good line and length and that's the type of bowler BD needs. pace with poor line and length just equals boundaries in internaitonal cricket. also what happened to sajidul? has he improved his line and length at all because he could be very useful (although you could say that about lots like rubel).
Old January 17, 2010, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
also what happened to sajidul? has he improved his line and length at all because he could be very useful (although you could say that about lots like rubel).
Injured for sometime.
Old January 17, 2010, 02:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Well, at this point, leaving out Enamul does not look like a smart choice. Was the team management misled by Belal again?!
Old January 17, 2010, 03:23 PM
Cricket Legend

I am not sure what people actualy see's in rubel hossain but to me he looks like a very lame bowler with good speed! I am still wondering why not choose another spinner when they know thats our biggest strength! + no due to count for this time :S
Old January 17, 2010, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Well, at this point, leaving out Enamul does not look like a smart choice. Was the team management misled by Belal again?!
Look if Enamul was not successful for a Ranji state team, he is not going to do anything significant against India. Riyad does his job.

He bowls too short, he needs to have a great domestic season, before considering him to be in XI.

Im expecting the non-performing pacer to be replaced by robin.

Shafiul apparently had a decent 1st spell, thoug Rubel was getting reverse swing, he wasnt really using it effectively, and only swung it one way, never set up the batsman.
Old January 17, 2010, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I also thought Enamul's inclusion wouldve been a better choice. But per Sakib/Sachin, the moisture is not going to last beyond the 2nd day, So I dont think Enamul wouldve been much successful as there would not be much turn. Sakib didnt even let Riad/Ashraful bowl that long either,, he just wanted to keep the pressure on and he did that successfully with a pace and a spin. Not that Enamul wouldve been a wrong choice over Rubel... but I think the pacers needed to be tried out and they did somewhat okay. They didnt bowl too many bad balls. Lets see how the morming dew is exploited by the pacers tomorrow....
Old January 17, 2010, 04:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
I'm actually quite excited to see SN back after such long time. Hopefully, he will perform well to keep his spot in the test XI.
yes I am happy to see him in the team too..best of luck sn

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 17, 2010, 04:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

I would say our pacers bowled pretty well. They troubled the Indians regularly and they never negotiated them with ease. They might have leaked some runs, but it is Test cricket, you have to unsettle your opponent and they managed it well. Shahadat reaped the benefit of the good work done by Shafiul and Rubel.

Shakib is a class and he did exceptionally well today to tie up one end and frustrate the batsmen.
Old January 17, 2010, 04:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

I think for once the management went with the right combination. The only change I would have made is at the top of the order. Still not convinced about Imrul Kayes for tests. To be fair to him, he hasn't really been given a long enough run. But his lack of conviction playing aggressive shots and weakness against short bowling needs to get addressed. Junaid might have struggled in ODIs but I thought he played well enough in Tests to hold onto his place. But I am hoping Imrul would prove me wrong this time.
Old January 17, 2010, 05:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think you will see Shafiul bat at number 9 ahead of Rubel and Shahadat. He is decent so I hear