facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 23, 2012, 07:51 PM
Club Cricketer

Everyones saying they are please but the fact remained that we played a Zim XI and a SA C side missing 8 of their frontine players. The only positive to come out of this tournament is that now we know how much we suck and how much we need to improve before the t20 world cup. Seriously... not being able to chase 130 odd was terrible. Other positive was mahmadullah, who ive been backing all this time

Old June 23, 2012, 07:52 PM
Cricket Savant

@saifkhan

Why underestimate own side then? Shakib was out. Tamim was injured during a match. So how do you know it wasn't our A side?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
@saifkhan

Why underestimate own side then? Shakib was out. Tamim was injured during a match. So how do you know it wasn't our A side?
+1 also don't forget Rubel was missing as well.

I think it was a 50-50 tournament for us. Top order still needs work, and death over bowling is still a worry.
Old June 23, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
We should've won the first match against zimb. That match was a total blunder. We would've been in final if we had won that.
Anamul disapointed me. I was expecting to see some foot movement, more rotation of the strike from him. don't know if he lacks those qualities or was it due to pressure of first series as a national team player. He is a fabulous fielder though. He shouldve been included in the U-19 now. I think His inclusion in national team was too soon and needless at this moment. I hope this series didn't damage his confidence.
Zia..A better version of Reza. He has power. Well built. Can be handy after some polishing. Should work on his technique. Pybus has a job in hand.

Final would've made me happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Well, it's over. Towards the end, the team have done well. What matters is how they build up their momentum from this point on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
OK tour. Nothing to write home about, but no need for an investigation either. We built momentum, and we got better with each match. Can't really complain. Need to beat Ireland 3-0 to keep that momentum going.
exactly my thoughts!
Old June 24, 2012, 12:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Not so unhappy, it was tough to adjust to the condition, straight from 40^ to 15^.
Old June 24, 2012, 12:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Not happy. But somewhat encouraged by our last two performances although we failed to go for the jugular and Bijauy's debut has been utterly forgettable.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 24, 2012, 03:33 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Mediocre satisfaction if that makes sense. Win against SA was good and also the successful chase against Zim.

Important thing is Pybus now has a good idea of which player is how. So i expect to see some changes in playing style of our boys and also may be the lineup.
Old June 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I would rather see Anamul play in the U19 squad than that in the national squad....he's still young let him gather some more experience and then can he come and play here!

As for Pybus, hope he makes some good choices in the lineup for the upcoming Ireland and Netherlands series!
Old June 24, 2012, 03:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Not too happy, not too disappointed either.
If only Bangladesh had won the first match against Zim .
Was disappointed with Anamul after all that hype about him but was encouraging to see us win the last two games and Ash and Riyad performing reasonably well
Old June 24, 2012, 04:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Its 45-55.
Happy the way the team bounced back after 2 loses.
Happy the way the team won back to back matches.
Happy the way the team showed that Asia cup wasn't fluke.
Happy the way Ash came back to some sort of consistency and form.
Happy the way Riyad and Mash played.

Somewhat OK with Zia. Should be given a longer run in T20 team.

NOT happy that we lost the first game against Zim.
NOT happy that we couldn't make it to the final.
NOT happy the way we missed an opportunity to grab those bonus points against SA.

Not being able to go the finals sort of nullifies all the other positives from the tours.
In a tri series involving Zimbabwe, we should have made it. No excuses.

Anamul wasted a great opportunity. Hope he bounces back in Euro tour.
Abul needs time.
Zunaed is still an idiot.
Tamim is becoming unreliable, for his physical fitness.
Nasir had a quiet time.
Sunny was alright.
Iffy about Razzak.
Nazmul could have got another game.
This is not Jahurul's format.

Overall, Should have made it to the final.
OK tour.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 24, 2012, 04:19 AM
Cricket Guru

We got carried away and had high expectations from Asia cup...we could not hold the momentum what we accomplished (probably because key players were missing or its a new "condition"...so bit happy that we recovered but we need to do it better way like other good teams...our players got to take more responsibilities and need to win matches....though all play to win but still I think they don't fight to be best...which Shakib has and Nasir and Mushfiq showed some times..

Anamul's debut is a mess (did he hang out with Sir Ash just wondering as saw pic with him). Though Ash's batting was good as per his "current" standard...but our top order and middle order still need so much work to win consistently. Hope return of Tamim and Shakib will give some stability but others really need to work hard, take responsibilities and win the matches for us.

I still give lots of credit to Mash, but other pacers really need to work extra hard to fill the gap that "Express Mash" had it before all the surgeries. I still don't understand why Nazmul was not played at any games, is he injured or remained stepson only God knows. I hope return of "improved" Rubel from other end and Nazmul's inclusion will strengthen the bowling. May be as this is unofficial tour to try out Abul but I am worried that BCB Still not working hard enough to find, give opportunities to other emerging pacers and not organizing tournaments like this or A Team tours more frequently. Read that there will be a tournament of A team but I still see some dead horse playing with SL and Ind league teams. I hope they will also give more opportunities to the emerging pacers, not just opportunities but proper guidance and training so that they can become good back up for our leading pacers in case they are in injury ( I am like most of you still so unhappy why we could not develop a pacer like Mashrafee all these years)

Overall we are still "progressing", our cricket management besides some good attempts to arrange these type of tournaments, still sucks about managing the cricket developming and nurturing young emerging players. We just seems to go one step forward and then two steps backward.
Old June 24, 2012, 04:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Its 45-55.
Happy the way the team bounced back after 2 loses.
Happy the way the team won back to back matches.
Happy the way the team showed that Asia cup wasn't fluke.
Happy the way Ash came back to some sort of consistency and form.
Happy the way Riyad and Mash played.

Somewhat OK with Zia. Should be given a longer run in T20 team.

NOT happy that we lost the first game against Zim.
NOT happy that we couldn't make it to the final.
NOT happy the way we missed an opportunity to grab those bonus points against SA.

Not being able to go the finals sort of nullifies all the other positives from the tours.
In a tri series involving Zimbabwe, we should have made it. No excuses.

Anamul wasted a great opportunity. Hope he bounces back in Euro tour.
Abul needs time.
Zunaed is still an idiot.
Tamim is becoming unreliable, for his physical fitness.
Nasir had a quiet time.
Sunny was alright.
Iffy about Razzak.
Nazmul could have got another game.
This is not Jahurul's format.

Overall, Should have made it to the final.
OK tour.
You pretty much summed it up for me.

Meh is al I say.

Couple of things to consider.

We were crap in T20s to start off with and so the improved outing each game was good to see.

We were missing Shakib and Rubel and TI on and off.

This was Pybus's first tour and I would like to hope the improved performance each time can partially be attributed to his tweaking.
Old June 24, 2012, 04:48 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Yeah, improving each game was the key point.
I'm also hoping that Pybus had a good look at the boys and should have an idea by now.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 24, 2012, 05:15 AM
Test Cricketer

It was a practise tournament and boys had good practise
Old June 24, 2012, 05:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

We could have performed much much better. Highly disappointed with new recruits. Sorry to say, Anamul is not prepared yet to play at international level. And the less we talk about Zia, the better.

I am angry at BD team management for not allowing Nazmul a single game. Abul did not impress me much to be honest. Mashrafe had a poor tournament, same thing goes to Razzaq.

Only Mushy, Riyad and Nasir had a decent tournament and how can i forget Ash
Old June 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Disappointed, but then I was disappointed even before the tour started - let's not pretend we didn't see this coming. Our guys are slow learners and not professional enough to get going after breaks from international cricket. Quality is quality and a break shouldn't mean that you start losing to every Tom, Dick and Abul, at home or away, but as I said, the professionalism isn't there yet.

As such, at least my expectations were pretty low going into the tournament. We suck at cricket in general, but more so in T20's than ODI's. We had ignored this tournament for too long before the advent of the BPL and of course to our own disadvantage. There definitely seems to be the realization, though, that this has to change and the BCB has done the right thing by getting us into the series so that we get some match practice ahead of the World Cup.

So I had expected our sissies to perform like sissies, but what's really important to note is that these games give us a chance to experience some T20's (we don't play enough of them), try some players out, learn the game and identify areas of improvement. Again, let's not kid ourselves, Zimbabwe have beaten us more times than we have beaten them in all three formats in the last little while and they seem to be improving at a faster rate than we are. If we don't pull our socks up, we'll have to start playing catch up.

As for team combination, I think everyone has underperformed. Ashraful may be persisted with as an opener in T20s and T20s only - he shouldn't be promoted to the ODI/Test sides. But if he's going to stick around, he has a lot of work to do, including eliminating the brain fart aspect of his game. Play for the team, not for yourself. I don't know what to say about Tamim Iqbal, but it's probably a good thing he didn't get a chance to embarrass himself in the IPL. Mushfiq looked good and needs to be more consistent. He has definitely upped his power-hitting and is one of our best in all three formats. Mahmudullah can be a good T20 asset, but again, has a lot more work to do. Zia is a very limited cricketer and unless he changes his game drastically, I don't see a bright future for him. He seems to be a hit and miss kind of player, but worse than Aftab, which is alarming. He doesn't seem to know what singles and doubles are either. Feza should play domestic cricket only. Nazmul should be given more games, but we already knew that. And what's so great about Anamul? Poor DPL scores, poor national team scores. I realize he's new to the team, but at least make a double figure score. When you're in the national team, you perform. You don't fool around trying to learn the basics of your trade - that's what the nets and domestic cricket are for.

It will take a lot of work for these sissies to get to a point where we can make it to the second round of the World Cup. The addition of Shakib will help, but he's just one man among a bunch of losers. But again, we knew what was going to happen given the circumstances even going into the tournament, so no real point whining about it. The only thing that I've gotten out of this post, for example, is a bunch of dead brain cells. All we can do is hope that they use these games to get some experience in this format and shape up for the main event in Sri Lanka.
Old June 24, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

SA played 5 games and won 2
Zim played 5 won 3
BD played 4 won 2

So Zim best team & BD 2nd best team, SA laddu
So that's good.

About the new recruits only Zia was good, Anamul,Abul got a lot to learn,or probably this is not their format.
Whatever it is ,they r very young,just need to go back to domestic & improve their game.

It's nothing new that Nazmul doesn't get picked but looking at the pictures before Zim tour I thought he is very much in the top 11.
Old June 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

agree that dropping nazmul for abul was a poor decision. Nazmul deserves to play in the team above any other pacer, even mashrafee, because he has performed everytime he has been given the ball in intl cricket. He was very good in the matches he played in asia cup, showing that it was stupid to make some1 like shahadat and shafiul who has looked ordinary in recent times, play ahead of him.

But the team management still will not learn the value of nazmul and continue to make him warm the bench. Well ofcourse, he is stepsons. And this drama with him is continuous. He plays the last few matches - performs - people speak highly of him - people regret not playing him - dropped

Thats why I sometimes dont understand the BDeshi thinktank
Old June 24, 2012, 11:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
agree that dropping nazmul for abul was a poor decision. Nazmul deserves to play in the team above any other pacer, even mashrafee, because he has performed everytime he has been given the ball in intl cricket. He was very good in the matches he played in asia cup, showing that it was stupid to make some1 like shahadat and shafiul who has looked ordinary in recent times, play ahead of him.

But the team management still will not learn the value of nazmul and continue to make him warm the bench. Well ofcourse, he is stepsons. And this drama with him is continuous. He plays the last few matches - performs - people speak highly of him - people regret not playing him - dropped

Thats why I sometimes dont understand the BDeshi thinktank
It is more disappointing when they can see Praveen kumar playing for india and doing well but our selectors cant dare to play Nazmul..
Old June 24, 2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
It is more disappointing when they can see Praveen kumar playing for india and doing well but our selectors cant dare to play Nazmul..
praveen kumar does well on rare occasions. Nazmul has always been under the radar only not to be played.

He is kept in the team as a backup player, almost always

Ki dosh-i ba korlo e cheleta? Mone korsilam nazmul ei seriese jothesto match khelte ar amra kake khelaisi? Abul- ei abul emon ki korse je oke nazmuler age khelano hoise? Ar reza kon dukhkhe teame chilo? Shesher ekta over ball kore are battinge dim marta ustad
Old June 24, 2012, 12:00 PM

Bowling at 120km odd, not being a robot [like control] has no hope, there ends the Nazmul story.
Old June 24, 2012, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
Bowling at 120km odd, not being a robot [like control] has no hope, there ends the Nazmul story.
which doesnt explain why some1 like abul who doesnt boast any good records at most levels get a chance ahead of nazmul? And if think-tank think nazmul doesnt deserve a chance then why do they make the poor guy keep him in the squad? For carrying drinks?
Old June 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
I think Nazmul can be very useful on certain wickets. His line and length may not be perfect but it's far better than practically all of our seamers. I would have thought that they would have tried him at least once given his success in the Asia Cup.
Old June 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
praveen kumar does well on rare occasions. Nazmul has always been under the radar only not to be played.

He is kept in the team as a backup player, almost always

Ki dosh-i ba korlo e cheleta? Mone korsilam nazmul ei seriese jothesto match khelte ar amra kake khelaisi? Abul- ei abul emon ki korse je oke nazmuler age khelano hoise? Ar reza kon dukhkhe teame chilo? Shesher ekta over ball kore are battinge dim marta ustad
Praveen's role is to keep runs in check in power play which he does often but concede most runs in death overs...so tigers can use Nazmul in a similar way...he would be very good consistent 2nd or third bowler specially in seaming and slow pitches..then we would have 3 bowlers to keep runs in check and 2 to take wickets..
Old June 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Nazmul doesn't have pace and we all know that. What we also know is that he takes wickets and breaks parnerships with the new ball. Not all pacers need to blast or bounce the batsman out otherwise we wouldnt have seen vaas, pollock, flemming etc making an international career out of pace bowling.Naz has a lot of variations and his slower delivery is very well disguised and he has better control over line and length than any of our reserves. This guy is as unlucky as stuart mcgill in terms of not getting enough chances