facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old August 13, 2011, 11:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

It looks like they will go ahead and drop Razzak and put Nasir in since there has been a lot of talk of Nasir getting his debut. It looks like Riyad will get a chance as well. Time has come he plays a good knock or else he'll get dropped.

Old August 13, 2011, 11:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

So I've vowed that if Bangladesh lose.. I will give up bd cricket.. (till the end of Ramadhan)!
Old August 13, 2011, 12:08 PM
Cricket Sage

^ apamoni we all have the same disease. You, me and the rest of us will be back the next day even if we get all out for 0 run

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 13, 2011, 12:42 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
^ apamoni we all have the same disease. You, me and the rest of us will be back the next day even if we get all out for 0 run

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
It's called passion mate :-)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 13, 2011, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

My line up for the 2nd ODI

Tamim
Imrul
Shahriar
Ash
Rahim
Riyad
Shakib
Shuvo
Nasir Hossain
Shafiul
Rubel

Wasn't sure whether to drop Razzak or Shuvo for Nasir Hossain but given Shuvo's tightlines and the fact that he is a good fielder, he gets the nod. Razzak should only be picked for the low-slow wickets back home
Old August 13, 2011, 02:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

if in the 2nd ODI, vitori has his way with our top order lefties again then I think management should get a right handed batsmen in at number 3..preferably rahim or even ash given he doesnt play any silly shots

Old August 13, 2011, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumz_01
So I've vowed that if Bangladesh lose.. I will give up bd cricket.. (till the end of Ramadhan)!
OMG! Me too! :O

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old August 13, 2011, 02:47 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

My expectation is to see a good competitive game from our Team. For too many games now the results gets decided even before half the match is over. If we bowl we are conceding too many runs and when we are batting we get bowled out cheaply.

For once I would like to see a 250 total put up on the board just like a normal team would do.
I would like to see a decent opening partnership and some fireworks in the first 15 overs. Some steady accumulation between 20-40... and an acceleration during the death overs.

For once plz plz plz...keep some wickets in hand before the powerplay... i don't remember when was the last time i saw Shakib still there during a powerplay.

Oh and I also hope we will get out of the 4 wkts down by 100 routine
Old August 13, 2011, 04:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

If BD lose, I won't watch cricket for 2 two whole day
Old August 13, 2011, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Logically Nazmul must come in for Shafiul. If the captain only gives two overs to his leading bowler then I do not see the point of picking him.

For me, Nazmul replaces Shafiul
Junaid replaces Razzak.

Mahmudullah will bowl full quota.

So,

Tamim
Imrul
Junaid
Ashraful
Nafees
Mahmudullah
Shakib
Musfiq
Shuvo
Nazmul
Rubel

I am not worried about left handers. They will have to learn. They have faced far better left arm bowlers. The batting is stronger with Shuvo coming in at No.9
Old August 13, 2011, 06:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Nafees has to play smh, he averages over 60 against Zim, and is one of our best hitters regardless.
Old August 13, 2011, 06:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafir
Nafees has to play smh, he averages over 60 against Zim, and is one of our best hitters regardless.
Your calling a man who had a 50+ score at a strike rate of below 70 one of our best hitters?
Old August 13, 2011, 06:35 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Your calling a man who had a 50+ score at a strike rate of below 70 one of our best hitters?
Yes, Nafees is one of our best hitters. I don't see how that's debatable. I feel like you follow me around on this board to say ludicrous things.
Old August 13, 2011, 06:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Yes, Nafees is one of our best hitters. I don't see how that's debatable. I feel like you follow me around on this board to say ludicrous things.
Uhmmm, strike rate wise, yes, he's number 5 on the list following Mashrafe, Aftab, Tamim, Shakib. But others have played far faster innings. He isn't one of the best strikers, but a great grafter and anchor who can generally rotate the strike. And I'm not just following you bro... I follow everyone here
Old August 13, 2011, 06:41 PM
Street Cricketer

So Mashrafe and Aftab are better hitters then him, and because he's number five on said list, ALL TIME, he's not one of our best hitters? He averages 58.7 runs a game, at a 73.5 strike rate against Zim according to CI, and according to what you just said, our third fast CURRENT striker. I just want you to tell me if you honestly believe he's not one of our best hitters. Even according to your own post you seem wrong.
Old August 13, 2011, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So Mashrafe and Aftab are better hitters then him, and because he's number five on said list, ALL TIME, he's not one of our best hitters? He averages 58.7 runs a game, at a 73.5 strike rate against Zim according to CI, and according to what you just said, our third fast CURRENT striker. I just want you to tell me if you honestly believe he's not one of our best hitters. Even according to your own post you seem wrong.
First of all, he strikes 73.5 per 100 vs Zimbabwe, whereas I am talking over all stats. Better strikers of the ball, Mashrafe is probably the best BD has seen so far. Aftab was also a big hitter, and could clear the ropes freqeuntly. He's actually number 6, because Ashraful has a better SR. He's a good rotator of the strike, but big hitter? No.
Old August 13, 2011, 06:49 PM
Cricket Legend

A big hitter is someone who can clear the ropes with relative ease and score at will almost, something Nafees doesn't seem to be able to do. In his entire career, he has only on three occasions maintained a strike rate of 100+, whilst never once going above 103.
Old August 13, 2011, 06:51 PM
Street Cricketer

Who exactly are we playing in a few hours? And i didn't say big hitter, i said BEST hitter. You even mentioning Mashrafe confuses the **** out of me, and not to be offensive, but I think you just say absurd things to provoke a response so i'm going to stop entertaining you.
Old August 13, 2011, 06:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Who exactly are we playing in a few hours? And i didn't say big hitter, i said BEST hitter. You even mentioning Mashrafe confuses the **** out of me, and not to be offensive, but I think you just say absurd things to provoke a response so i'm going to stop entertaining you.
Best hitter should be the hitter which scores the fastest in limited over games right? Consistently. You can expect us to realistically defend the 210 mark (which is what a SR of 70 would get you) can you in Zimbabwe?
Old August 13, 2011, 08:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The key thing which should be clear from the matches in this tour so far:

Zimbabwe is not the same team Bangladesh has beaten soundly over the last few years.

Same players but clearly not the same temperament. Historical stats mean very little. Look at how they have played Razzak! We have become too familiar to them. We need to change things around a bit. See if we can spring a surprise or two of our own. Nasir should be given a game. I would also consider Zunaid for Nafees. And bench Shafiul and give Nazmul a game.
Old August 13, 2011, 08:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yameen
if in the 2nd ODI, vitori has his way with our top order lefties again then I think management should get a right handed batsmen in at number 3..preferably rahim or even ash given he doesnt play any silly shots

I agree, not only Vittori but Mpofu and Chigumbura too seem to bowl much better at our lefties than the right handers. Most of the time the right handers got out to these bowlers is by playing a loose shot compared to some "Jaffas" the lefties faced. With this in mind I have gone for a radical lineup that I wish to see but know that will never happen:-

Tamim
Junaid
Mushfiqur
Shakib
Ashraful
Riyad
Shuvagoto Hom
Nasir Hossain
Shafiul
Nazmul Hossain
Rubel

In this lineup there are 3 pace options and plenty of spin options available with Nasir, Riyad, Ashraful and Shuvagoto all able to bowl alongside Shakib. Also the batting is deep with lots of right handers to nullify the threat of Zimbabwe's pacers, who bowl better against left handed batsmen.
Old August 13, 2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumz_01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
OMG! Me too! :O

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
If BD lose, I won't watch cricket for 2 two whole day
If bd loose today i will not watch any cricket for the next two month, even i will not read any newspaper or articles or enter any blogs or forum, thats goodby for me........
Old August 13, 2011, 08:42 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

I am stopping my "Bangladesh Cricket page in Facebook

Old August 13, 2011, 09:34 PM
Cricket Legend

ajke na jitle khobor ache
Old August 13, 2011, 10:04 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara, Alok Kapali

আজকের একাদশ হবে এরকম,

তামিম - জুনায়েদ