facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 13, 2003, 02:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

awesome....just AWESOME!...now lets see some of our cubs club the leather out of the ball...some president's XII we have eh?

Old October 13, 2003, 02:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

wow! Just checked the score....bd 46/6?!?!?!?!? Holy....lets hope our young colts can salvage something from this position... a score in excess of 100 would be too awesome under the circumstances...

[Edited on 13-10-2003 by pompous]
Old October 13, 2003, 06:46 PM
Banned

Remember, fwulalh, time your showers right today, we are fighting for our lives here...
Old October 13, 2003, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Folks,

you all have to calm down a little bit. England's 253 wasn't really a bad score in the circumstances. And given that a batting line-up consisting Trescothick, Vaughan, Thorpe, Hussain and Butcher didn't do too well on the pitch, did you guys really expect BCB President's XI to score too many?

I don't think the pitch is playing very well. I didn't get to follow the game last night because I was away, but judging by the match report, a lot of batsmen in the England side seem to have miscued, which leads me to believe that the ball was not coming on to the bat. But then again, England bowled with a lot of slips and got our batsmen caught behind, so the ball must have been shaping away nicely as well.

I think more than anything, yesterday showed us who exactly we should look out for and thats Hoggard. He will trouble us with his accuracy and the way he shapes the ball away from the right-hander.
Old October 13, 2003, 09:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Default catches in the slips

Three or four batsman gave catches behind the wicket in slips while playing offstamp balls!!! didnt we use to do the same thing before Whatmore gave us some advices!!!
Old October 13, 2003, 09:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

wow.. what an interesting match this 'turned' into..

the English collapse is a hint for the coach/selectors for stacking up the spinners.

Also, what’s up with the toss? Did I miss something? why didn't Bangladesh bat after winning the toss?

now, looking for a batsman from this team, who's this guy 'Extra'?? he scored the highest runs - 12 and you are still looking??
Old October 13, 2003, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Default swing

hoggard's post match audio interview suggested there was a bit of swing.. something else to think about
Old October 13, 2003, 10:05 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Not taking the match seriously. The bowlers did well against the English. However, this is their first look at the wicket. They will get accustomed, that's what practice matches are for.

As for the bats, they are kids, they are horribly out of match practice. There hasn't ben any league, tours for them. I don't think they would have done much better but they would have definitely done better then 46 for 6.
Old October 13, 2003, 11:11 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Talking about out of match practice - have you seen how many no-balls that particularly Anwar Hossain Munir and Mushfiqur Rahman bowled?

And surprisingly, no other bowler bowled no-balls.