facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 12, 2012, 07:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara
Default Why are Muslims so violent and intolerant?

Simple question....

-It can't be education, plenty of uneducated people all across the world.
-It can't be poverty, again plenty of poor people all across the world, and the most intolerant muslims seem to be the wealthiest(arabs)
-Worst of all, so little tolerance towards each other, let alone those with different ideas.

I don't want to hear about it's a vocal minority...or excuses about there are extremists in every religion/society.

Old September 12, 2012, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Something about the effect on opium on the masses.
Old September 12, 2012, 02:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Something about the effect on opium on the masses.
Lol, except opium puts you to sleep. First the guy Electreq quoted in Rifat's thread and now Marx with an inaccurate (at least for this current case) slogan.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 12, 2012, 02:59 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Lol, except opium puts you to sleep. First the guy Electreq quoted in Rifat's thread and now Marx with an inaccurate (at least for this current case) slogan.
Har har.

Opium lachryma papaveris:
Side effects may include heavy sleep and delusions, ranging from the sublime (Coleridge's Kubla Khan) to the catastrophic (Belief that destroying an Embassy will open the doors of Heaven)
Old September 12, 2012, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Ever here of creative paraphrasing? I'm quite aware of what Marx really said. Apparently my point went over your head.
Old September 12, 2012, 06:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Ever here of creative paraphrasing? I'm quite aware of what Marx really said. Apparently my point went over your head.
Well Marx implied an opiod induced somnolence that prevents asking questions or causes people to accept their downtrodden status. Presumably (I never actually read his book, but who has?). In this case the opiod has had the opposite effect in that it has roused the masses to arson although the asking questions part remains intact.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 12, 2012, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Sand in their pants.
Old September 12, 2012, 08:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

too much beef steak,beef bhuna
Old September 12, 2012, 08:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Keep beef away from this conversation.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 12, 2012, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Yeah. No need to get facetious. This is a serious topic.
Old September 12, 2012, 08:51 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Simple ans: Because they have strained away from Quran
Old September 12, 2012, 09:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Simple ans: Because they have strained away from Quran
Point me to a time in Islam where you think the Quran was followed and there was no violence and bloodshed. Academic sources, please - not religious anecdotes or hadiths.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:49 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrequiem
Point me to a time in Islam where you think the Quran was followed and there was no violence and bloodshed. Academic sources, please - not religious anecdotes or hadiths.
you know i wise friend of mine once told me no points talking with an Atheist, you cant win an argument with him, rather he'll show you some points that your own faith could get disturbed, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

so have a good day sir, i wont waste my time arguing with you about Quran, no point replying anything to me i have ignored you
Old September 12, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
you know i wise friend of mine once told me no points talking with an Atheist, you cant win an argument with him, rather he'll show you some points that your own faith could get disturbed, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

so have a good day sir, i wont waste my time arguing with you about Quran, no point replying anything to me i have ignored you
Yup totally agree thtz what I said to one of my family member who seem to losing his faith in religion recently.. I just told him to read n know more and asked him not to discuss anything with me as more often than not we get into a fight..and I am doing my own research to know more.. It's better that way..The way we fight over religion is just childish as it's totally a personal matter..
Old September 12, 2012, 11:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
The Golden Age was a period of unrivaled intellectual activity in all fields: science, technology, and (as a result of intensive study of the Islamic faith) literature - particularly biography, history, and linguistics. Scholars, for example, in collecting and reexamining the hadith, or "traditions" - the sayings and actions of the Prophet

Read the full text on:
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/ihame/sec7.htm

---
The Muslim period in Spain is often described as a 'golden age' of learning where libraries, colleges, public baths were established and literature, poetry and architecture flourished. Both Muslims and non-Muslims made major contributions to this flowering of culture.

read the full text on:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi.../spain_1.shtml
---
Old September 12, 2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashani-BD
The Golden Age was a period of unrivaled intellectual activity in all fields: science, technology, and (as a result of intensive study of the Islamic faith) literature - particularly biography, history, and linguistics. Scholars, for example, in collecting and reexamining the hadith, or "traditions" - the sayings and actions of the Prophet

Read the full text on:
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/ihame/sec7.htm

---
The Muslim period in Spain is often described as a 'golden age' of learning where libraries, colleges, public baths were established and literature, poetry and architecture flourished. Both Muslims and non-Muslims made major contributions to this flowering of culture.

read the full text on:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi.../spain_1.shtml
---
Yeah, whatever. That was more than 1000 years ago, and more than 700 years ago respectively. Muslims love living in the past, and turning a blind eye to the 'Jahiliyya' of the present. Man up!
Old September 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Yeah, whatever. That was more than 1000 years ago, and more than 700 years ago respectively. Muslims love living in the past, and turning a blind eye to the 'Jahiliyya' of the present. Man up!
Alhamduillah, I would encourage you to visit Iraq or Palestine to visit the many family's that has lost children that are less than 6 months, 6 years, 6 days old. I can swear on the name of Allah that those innocent children or human that are being killed becuase they are muslim's as Allah Say's they are killed because they have belief in me. I don't see people refering to those murderers of innocent children's as Jewish or Christians?, why is it when a muslim does something, we jump on like locust?, I can assure you that if Leaders like Abu Bakr, Osman, Ali, Omar was alive in this generation, I can not imagine many muslim's blood being poured on this land. Our muslims leader's are relaxing and making money, while we people without much research or study make some point while relaxing our butt at home. Inshallah we shall wait for The leader Al Mehdi and real muslims never kill unless it attacks allah or the belief.
Old September 12, 2012, 12:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Quite a nonsensical question.
Old September 12, 2012, 09:07 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Agree with Nekre's point.

On the same note, I am very proud of Bangladesh and Bengali Muslims in general. With such a big Muslim popultion, there has been almost no jongibad activities. It happens in PAK, AFG daily and all other large Muslim countries like Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey, and other ME had similar attacks few times in the year. I believe we are the mainstream moderate Muslims that follows religion while also have a very vibrant civic and cultural mindset. We can be the example of moderate Muslims.
Old September 12, 2012, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Old September 12, 2012, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

On the same note, I am very proud of Bangladesh and Bengali Muslims in general. With such a big Muslim popultion, there has been almost no jongibad activities. It happens in PAK, AFG daily and all other large Muslim countries like Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey, and other ME had similar attacks few times in the year. I believe we are the mainstream moderate Muslims that follows religion while also have a very vibrant civic and cultural mindset. We can be the example of moderate Muslims.
Tell that to the Ahmadias, Hindus, and the Indigenous peoples of the hill tracts. People in glass houses.
Old September 12, 2012, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Tell that to the Ahmadias, Hindus, and the Indigenous peoples of the hill tracts. People in glass houses.
I was just about to point that out. Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old September 12, 2012, 10:18 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

indeed, that's something that also makes me feel really proud of being a BDeshi muslim.
hope it gets better if possible.
Old September 12, 2012, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Muslims are violent because the idea of violence and bloodshed as a tool is still very recent in its history of conception. Much like Christianity in the early days. I am optimistic that as literacy rates increase and economic conditions around the world get better, Islam, too, will undergo progressive reforms that will be adopted by the mainstream followers.

But then again, I have been optimistic for a while now ...
Old September 12, 2012, 09:28 AM
MLC World Series I

Disagree with you Mufi.

I'm not so upto date with all the happenings in the country. I read the DS from time to time but the BD outlets hardly cover the news of atrocities committed by Muslims here.

What about, when a few months ago(last year?) a bunch of Muslims burned down a temple in their own village and the story hardly got any coverage at all?

What about when a religious party (Muslims) tried to demolish a sect of a society because they housed the largest and oldest brothel in BD, close to 150 years, without any serious considerations for the after thought?

They are so many such incidents that don't get coverage by the BD media.