facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 24, 2012, 03:24 AM

Default Does Mushfiq deserve a place in the National Team?

Does Mushy deserve a place in the national team?

> As a batter he played one good innings back in Asia Cup 2012 in March when tigers beat India. Nothing worth mentioning after the Asia Cup so far IMHO.

> As a wicket-keeper is as crap as Boycott's mom!

> As a captain, he scores 34 out of 100 IMHO

One might wonder why Mushy is in the national team when we have better options?

Old November 24, 2012, 03:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

The way he got out today, being a captain, I'd say NO.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:34 AM
MLC World Series I

He is getting complacent on the field.

I think he deserves to be in the team but his captaincy should be stripped.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:36 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

the way he got out today only suits an idiot let alone a captain...noukar majhi akta gadha to nouka to dub bei
Old November 24, 2012, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Can't remember when is the last time he played a decent innings. I don't seriously get why in earth he comes to bat at 6 esp after that M'ullah innings. Ludicrous stuff IMHO. It's about time he needs to step down.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

averaging 20.14 this year in all format.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Anamul is multiplied by 100 times better batsman. Just let Anamul practice more wicket keeping, I'm sure he'll be competent with the gloves too. Also I think Anamul SHOULD BE THE WICKET KEEPER IN ODIs to see how things go.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
The way he got out today, being a captain, I'd say NO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
the way he got out today only suits an idiot let alone a captain...noukar majhi akta gadha to nouka to dub bei
Do you remember Bashar's last days during his captaincy? Bashar looked clueless so does Mushy now!

Mushy should show some fight in the upcoming ODIs if he wants to keep his place in the team.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
averaging 20.14 this year in all format.
And, he is our cap!
Old November 24, 2012, 04:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

The whole selectors group and the team management acting crap.
Old November 24, 2012, 04:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Does Mushy deserve a place in the national team?
Oh, hell naw!

He doesn't deserve a place in the A team, let alone the national team.
Kick him out, I've been saying this for a long time now.
Old November 24, 2012, 04:13 AM
Cricket Guru

He is their for good presentations in press conferences and look good ..he is captain and leading by example
Old November 24, 2012, 04:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Who would you replace him with? The whole team is in a funk, why pick one of the few batsman who has a solid technique, temperament, and ability to play strokes? Is he the new Ash?

We need to pick the strongest available team, even if that means 4 debutants. I won't criticize the selectors for picking SN and Junaid because I myself would have picked them. But now its clear. Anamul should have been brought in long ago, and probably Hom too given how he's just rotting at NCL level.

Tamim is out of form, but still essential to this team. Shakib, Nasir, Rahim, and now even Riyad, Rubel, Gazi, and Abul (pacer all-rounder) are automatic selections. That leaves 3 positions open. Second pacer, an opener, and a #3. Anamul fills the #3 solution, what about the other two?

I say bring in Soumya Sarker and let him learn on the fly like Tamim. He is a talent and we must gamble. Gozimuddin tozimuddin won't cut it. The 2nd pacer can be Nazmul, or even bring in Elias/Enam and play 3 spinners. SS can share the new ball.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 24, 2012, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Mushy needs a break from cricket. He has burnt out. Not sure why he was made captain to begin with...it's time to make Shakib captain again and Anamul should keep...
Old November 24, 2012, 06:44 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

where is the poll?..KP bhai poll chai
Old November 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I disagree he may not be in form with the bat but he has more than a 150 dismissals in International Cricket and his wicket-keeping skills is actually good according to his figures and I'd rate it 8/10. The point is that he has the ability to produce a gem of an innings like his unbeaten 81* and 46* against both Australia and India. He has scored a Test 100 but he's just not in top form with the bat mainly because he easily loses concentration. However, I will never put him up the batting order again in any format and drop him one place down permanently in Tests to Nasir Hossain mainly because of his form and the amount of wicket-keeping and captaining he does on the field so he needs a reasonable amount of break but really its the top order that needs to be blamed for throwing their wickets away and collapsing. Tamim needs to be dropped if he does not do well in the coming ODIs, he takes his place for granted.
Old November 24, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

We have option

Dhiman is the best wicket keeper in the country and currently in best form. Select him for test

Odi and t20--- let anamul do the job

Mushfiq can play as a batsman in test match only, thats all

Even mithun ali is in good form
Old November 24, 2012, 11:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

His poor captaincy , poor batting are headache for BD cricket team at this moment. He should be side lined by Anamul immediately.
Old November 24, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

his suited for a ball boy
Old November 24, 2012, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

His place in the team needs to be challenged. That's for sure.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 24, 2012, 02:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Who would you replace him with? The whole team is in a funk, why pick one of the few batsman who has a solid technique, temperament, and ability to play strokes? Is he the new Ash?

We need to pick the strongest available team, even if that means 4 debutants. I won't criticize the selectors for picking SN and Junaid because I myself would have picked them. But now its clear. Anamul should have been brought in long ago, and probably Hom too given how he's just rotting at NCL level.

Tamim is out of form, but still essential to this team. Shakib, Nasir, Rahim, and now even Riyad, Rubel, Gazi, and Abul (pacer all-rounder) are automatic selections. That leaves 3 positions open. Second pacer, an opener, and a #3. Anamul fills the #3 solution, what about the other two?

I say bring in Soumya Sarker and let him learn on the fly like Tamim. He is a talent and we must gamble. Gozimuddin tozimuddin won't cut it. The 2nd pacer can be Nazmul, or even bring in Elias/Enam and play 3 spinners. SS can share the new ball.
Well put, but I think if Mushy is to play in the test team, he should only be there as a batsman. He should not be the captain and the keeper....it's proving too much for this fella. I say give Dhiman a chance at keeping and let Musky earn his spot as a batsman.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

You guys do keep in mind that Mushy came to bat ( in the second innings) pretty much within an hour of being on the filed for 200 overs.

Yes, that's not only just 20 overs of fielding in the third man or deep extra cover, that is 200 overs of keeping and captaining the troops. Doing that both over that extended period of time takes away much of your focus, concentration and all of that energy and stamina.

The way he got out was that a tired man, not having the right frame of mind and body to stay in, dig deep and take one painstaking single run, one at a time to rebuild on the pile of stinking mess the top 4 batsmen left the team, the top 4 who only chased few balls here and there, did not have to bowl, did not have to think who'se gotta bowl next, whose gotta stand where and how to marshall the troops.

You could have asked guys like Kallis or Dravid to come in that situation, chances are they would have failed 9/10 times.

Gilchrist had the likes Hayden and Ponting to fall back and take enough rest to rejuvenate, Dhoni has Tendu, Dravid and Laxman, hec even Ramdin have Chandu and Samuels, and who do Mushy usually have?? SN, Junaed and Nizam !!

7/10 times if you have to come to bat within an hour of being in the field for 16-20 hours on the field, you get fatigued out, which in cricketing terms can translated as bowled out or caught out.

Mushy ain't no Superman.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:24 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
You guys do keep in mind that Mushy came to bat ( in the second innings) pretty much within an hour of being on the filed for 200 overs.

Yes, that's not only just 20 overs of fielding in the third man or deep extra cover, that is 200 overs of keeping and captaining the troops. Doing that both over that extended period of time takes away much of your focus, concentration and all of that energy and stamina.

The way he got out was that a tired man, not having the right frame of mind and body to stay in, dig deep and take one painstaking single run, one at a time to rebuild on the pile of stinking mess the top 4 batsmen left the team, the top 4 who only chased few balls here and there, did not have to bowl, did not have to think who'se gotta bowl next, whose gotta stand where and how to marshall the troops.

You could have asked guys like Kallis or Dravid to come in that situation, chances are they would have failed 9/10 times.

Gilchrist had the likes Hayden and Ponting to fall back and take enough rest to rejuvenate, Dhoni has Tendu, Dravid and Laxman, hec even Ramdin have Chandu and Samuels, and who do Mushy usually have?? SN, Junaed and Nizam !!

7/10 times if you have to come to bat within an hour of being in the field for 16-20 hours on the field, you get fatigued out, which in cricketing terms can translated as bowled out or caught out.

Mushy ain't know Superman.

But Rabz bhai, if he was tired than why didn't he send either Nasir or Mullah ahead of him?

i agree its never an easy job to wk/skipper for 200 overs and then come out to bat within 30 mins...kintu ektu buddi khaitaile to hoye jeto. o nijei to captain, plus wasn't scoring runs so he could have sent Riyad or nasir who is in better form and physically fitter.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
But Rabz bhai, if he was tired than why didn't he send either Nasir or Mullah ahead of him?

i agree its never an easy job to wk/skipper for 200 overs and then come out to bat within 30 mins...kintu ektu buddi khaitaile to hoye jeto. o nijei to captain, plus wasn't scoring runs so he could have sent Riyad or nasir who is in better form and physically fitter.
Ghaar dhore ber kore deya uchit team theke. Lojja shorom kisu ase bole to mone hoy na.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old November 24, 2012, 03:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz

Mushy ain't no Superman.
some valid points there, the moment Mushy got out the way he got out was really a shocker for me but then I started to realize and thought why on earth he did that when the entire team is collapsing front of him. Yes his out was really painful but as you said he has been standing behind the stump for two days and jumping on every singe ball in every over then not having enough physical rest coming to bat immediately was really a tired mind and a tired man act. So i myself feel bit sorry for him.