facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 7, 2015, 12:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Tactical error in FTP scheduling

It's a small and negligent issue. But why the hell do BCB arrange Tests matches first to start off a tour? Look how it carried the momentum when we beat Pakistan in the ODIs which even helped us to win the T20.

We suck at Tests and for India and South Africa we will be playing tests first with them.

They could easily have fixed it had they put a little thought in it.

And I fully in favor of making home-friendly pitch. We badly need to win some tourneys to get the ball rolling. Then we will automatically challenge ourselves.

Edit: Okay I stand corrected for South Africa. But for India, a drubbing waits.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old May 7, 2015, 12:12 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sabbir, soumya

They wont have dhoni baba to lead them in tests anymore.

Now its entirely rubel's toy Kohli to guide the ship. Hasnt been in form. Cant guide the team. I see draw.

Besides dont forget, we can bat for days now. Indian bowling is weaker than Pak by a distance still. We are good to go
Old May 7, 2015, 12:13 AM
Cricket Savant

How does it work anyway? Both boards have to come to terms about the arrangement right? Before usually a tour started off with Tests. But recently I am seeing a different trend. Why not exploit it then?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 7, 2015, 12:32 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Dada aishob intellectual question keno koro? Just dhorey nao je conventional wisdom er ulto ta amra korte pochondo kori.
Amader think tank ebar akta pacer ar 10 ta batsman niye agey bowling korbe karon ora rebel (not to be confused with rubel)
Old May 7, 2015, 12:51 AM
Cricket Guru

Its Bangladesh, logic flies out the window as evident by the on-going test match at the moment
Old May 7, 2015, 11:19 AM

I think BCCI, seeing the Pakistan team performance, insisted on playing Tests first. But Fatullah is different from Mirpur. Also, BCB will make slow pitches in Mirpur but not in Fatullah - so, it won't differ much.
Old May 7, 2015, 01:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
It's a small and negligent issue. But why the hell do BCB arrange Tests matches first to start off a tour? Look how it carried the momentum when we beat Pakistan in the ODIs which even helped us to win the T20.

We suck at Tests and for India and South Africa we will be playing tests first with them.

They could easily have fixed it had they put a little thought in it.

And I fully in favor of making home-friendly pitch. We badly need to win some tourneys to get the ball rolling. Then we will automatically challenge ourselves.

Edit: Okay I stand corrected for South Africa. But for India, a drubbing waits.
Their point was like: >>> END WC. >>> Start Pak ODI -End TEST >>> START IND TEST >>> End ODI. >>> Start SA ODI - End TEST >>> Start Next Sries With TEST AND SO ON ...

This way, the common players, who are the back bone of the team in all formats, will need least possible adjustments to do between formats .. I think that's a good way to keep the players in form.
Old May 7, 2015, 01:19 PM
Cricket Guru

^^ Also, in between Pak Test and India Test, we have two rounds (final included) of BCL matches where everybody can participate. Not only that add to the continuation playing in the same format, from there we can decide whether we want to stick with a fringe player (Hom, Abul) or try someone new.
Old May 7, 2015, 01:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

It's due to Ramadan probably. Fasting will start from 18th/19th. For onedays, it will be in the later part of the day anyway. To attract test audience in day time I think this is a good approach.
Old May 7, 2015, 02:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
^^ Also, in between Pak Test and India Test, we have two rounds (final included) of BCL matches where everybody can participate. Not only that add to the continuation playing in the same format, from there we can decide whether we want to stick with a fringe player (Hom, Abul) or try someone new.
If all the national team players can participate in BCL that will show actually the standard of the players who had been doing well, yes Hom, Liton & Abul all will be better tested.

And the continuation of the longer format until India comes, is definitely going to help a lot.
Old May 8, 2015, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Their point was like: >>> END WC. >>> Start Pak ODI -End TEST >>> START IND TEST >>> End ODI. >>> Start SA ODI - End TEST >>> Start Next Sries With TEST AND SO ON ...

This way, the common players, who are the back bone of the team in all formats, will need least possible adjustments to do between formats .. I think that's a good way to keep the players in form.
... Only problem is, Mushy might mess up player's moral in these test matches in between. He will go for ultra defensive strategy including player selection, field placement and will drop 3-4 regular catches to top it off.

I don't mind if Bangladesh looses after selecting the best possible team (e.g. include a legspinner like Jubair instead of bits & pieces all rounder), setting attacking field and rotating bowlers with a purpose. But when you go with a defensive mentality from the very beginning, it sends the wrong message to rest of the team.

Saying this, I do agree that Mushy is the best batsman we have in the team. So back him 100% on that aspect as well as keeping.