facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 8, 2006, 02:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Fazal... got any effective 'Devide and Rule' trick in your hat?

Old November 8, 2006, 02:47 PM
Banned

Well, in an ideal world, a superpower like India should have invaded and taken over Australia by force at least 2 decades ago. This would free up a continent's worth of stolen wealth, that rightfully belong to the people of this planet. But, sadly, India has practically no history of invasion.

Hey, why doesn't India use this incident to start one? Like Dubya's "He tried to kill daddy". Oh, how I would love to see 500 MIGs with Ashok Chakra flying over Sydney harbor, haha... it will be over inside 5 days..
Old November 8, 2006, 05:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

can't understand all the fur fur language but the video was good. How can they make a news of 6+ min of less then a second incident!!!
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old November 8, 2006, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
Well, in an ideal world, a superpower like India should have invaded and taken over Australia by force at least 2 decades ago. This would free up a continent's worth of stolen wealth, that rightfully belong to the people of this planet. But, sadly, India has practically no history of invasion.

Hey, why doesn't India use this incident to start one? Like Dubya's "He tried to kill daddy". Oh, how I would love to see 500 MIGs with Ashok Chakra flying over Sydney harbor, haha... it will be over inside 5 days..
No it wont. US is always there to back up. And India has only 1 air craft carrier and that too is second hand. How do you conquer a whole continent with 1 Air craft carrier??
Old November 9, 2006, 05:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitler
No it wont. US is always there to back up. And India has only 1 air craft carrier and that too is second hand. How do you conquer a whole continent with 1 Air craft carrier??
You could if you knew how slow and lazy an average ausssie is. Their burocracy is diabolically multi layered, tax codes are stupendously complex and chain of command is obscure. It would take 3 days to carry out an order to fly counterattack mission by them. Of course, India will need to setup an airbase in a nearby island. Also, India will have to play a whole bunch of diplomatic cards to keep the USA out of it.

So, they should get going on it right away.
Old November 9, 2006, 08:18 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

A shade of aussie view about the incident..

from the bladder

Australian captain Ricky Ponting has denied claims that he and his players showed a lack of respect for an Indian cricket official during Sunday night's presentation of the ICC Champions Trophy.

The president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India, Mr Kapil Gavaskar-Shastri, was gunned down in a hail of bullets fired by a machine gun-toting Damien Martyn when he first dawdled too long in handing over the cup, and then tried to muscle in on the celebrations that followed.

But Ponting explained exclusively to The Bladder that no offence was intended by the act of violent bloodshed.

"Look, let's face it, the old fart had it coming," Ponting said. "If I hadn't given him a touch-up with my sabre then I reckon I'd still be waiting to get my hands on the bloody cup.

Link
Old November 10, 2006, 12:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

You are day dreaming if you think India can take over Australia (Japan found it the hard way in WW-II and they even kicked out U.S. out of Phillipines at the time). India can't even dominate neighbor Pakistan in a ground war and as Hitler pointed out, they have no chance with that much distance to cover. I don't doubt India has an impressive Navy with carrier fleet and nuclear submarines. But Aussies can easily defend themselves as needed and U.S. will just need to park Diego Garcia or one of it's fleet in the Indian ocean for the Indian Navy to double back to base.

It's not gonna happen anyway. India and Australia has mutual interests and financially benefecial projects. Why waste all that on silly wargames? India has much bigger headache nearby with Pakistan and China.
Old November 10, 2006, 06:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluster11
You are day dreaming if you think India can take over Australia (Japan found it the hard way in WW-II and they even kicked out U.S. out of Phillipines at the time). India can't even dominate neighbor Pakistan in a ground war and as Hitler pointed out, they have no chance with that much distance to cover. I don't doubt India has an impressive Navy with carrier fleet and nuclear submarines. But Aussies can easily defend themselves as needed and U.S. will just need to park Diego Garcia or one of it's fleet in the Indian ocean for the Indian Navy to double back to base.

It's not gonna happen anyway. India and Australia has mutual interests and financially benefecial projects. Why waste all that on silly wargames? India has much bigger headache nearby with Pakistan and China.
It's funny...some people r saying the lady in the newscast was hilarius coz she's burning in flames out of anger. I think you guys are even funnier when you guys are even discussing possibilities of wars b/w Indian and Australia!!! What a joke.

Personally, I think Australian crickers should learn their manners...ponting was in too much rush to pose for pictures...while martyn should actually be fined some big amount of money. But I don't take it as an identity issue for Indians. Such actions by australians in England would also be critiqued heavily. All I'm interested in is to hear from one of our fellow BC members...he's Indian, and he mentioned a few weeks ago that "ICC doesn't have the guts to challenge BCCI". Just wanna see what BCCI can do about this now.
Old November 10, 2006, 06:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
It's funny...some people r saying the lady in the newscast was hilarius coz she's burning in flames out of anger. I think you guys are even funnier when you guys are even discussing possibilities of wars b/w Indian and Australia!!! What a joke.
The fact that you thought we were serious about discussing the possibility of war between India and Australia is even more funny.
Old November 10, 2006, 06:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
During WW2, Japan couldnt be bothered invading Australia, not because they were tough. They did try though like keep bombing Darwin but didnt bother invading. It would cost too much resources and manpower which was badly needed given they were all at war with US. So they went ahead with other asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia etc.

But you are right about India's navy. They got heaps of battleships, which are rather outdated stuff. They buy radar systems from Israel which are supplied by US to Israel. Their air-force is the fourth largest, but mostly old Soviet junk that keeps falling down like broken kite.. As for their warheads, they can go as far as Afghanistan, so that $ucks aswell.

What else does India have? World's 2nd largest Army. But this is 21st century not 18th, so a couple of MOAB's will be enough to annhilate that.

India is not as powerful as most people imagine.
Old November 10, 2006, 07:04 PM
Banned

So, now that we have introduced the idea, let's do some war games preperations, shall we?

Hitler, you first. Start with the "Bayu Sena" attack. I give you:

300 5th generation combat aircrafts, armed to the teeth
2 recon AWACS
10 scout planes
50 attack helicopters
5 of C130 or Tupolov cargo aircrafts
20 strategic bombers
Satellite coverage

Goals for the first 72 hours:

Reduce Australian Air Forces' attack capability by 70%
Take out their Air Defense capabilities in the first 48 hours
Take out the runways at the airbases in the second half of the attack
Take out the command structure in the last 24 hours.
Bomb out all important government structure in each of the 5 metropolitan centers.
Take out important bridges, power stations, interstate highways.
Secure multiple beachfronts for landing.

Start with setting up a base within striking range of sensitive Aussie targets.

Go.
Old November 10, 2006, 07:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Absolutely !! India would not trade the tremendous growth for something which cannot be even considered a skirmish by any streatch of imagination.

The world listens to money power ...and thats what India (or even BD) should be concentarting on ...A resiliant and Vibrant economy would resolve most of India's headaches ..including China .

As far as Pak , goes ...
Old November 10, 2006, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
So, now that we have introduced the idea, let's do some war games preperations, shall we?

Hitler, you first. Start with the "Bayu Sena" attack. I give you:

300 5th generation combat aircrafts, armed to the teeth
2 recon AWACS
10 scout planes
50 attack helicopters
5 of C130 or Tupolov cargo aircrafts
20 strategic bombers
Satellite coverage

Goals for the first 72 hours:

Reduce Australian Air Forces' attack capability by 70%
Take out their Air Defense capabilities in the first 48 hours
Take out the runways at the airbases in the second half of the attack
Take out the command structure in the last 24 hours.
Bomb out all important government structure in each of the 5 metropolitan centers.
Take out important bridges, power stations, interstate highways.
Secure multiple beachfronts for landing.

Start with setting up a base within striking range of sensitive Aussie targets.

Go.
Yawn*
I'll just get the Americans to do the fighting. After all they owe us for helping them in Iraq when the whole world ditched them.

And bhai, no one uses scout planes here when you got satellites, and no one uses helicopter unless you are invading a third world or improvished country.
Old November 10, 2006, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Absolutely !! India would not trade the tremendous growth for something which cannot be even considered a skirmish by any streatch of imagination.

The world listens to money power ...and thats what India (or even BD) should be concentarting on ...A resiliant and Vibrant economy would resolve most of India's headaches ..including China .

As far as Pak , goes ...
India nd Bangladesh has the same problem. What they really should do is focus hard on soley two things. Population control and Education. Give out free contraceptives if needed. If they have enough money to build nukes and send expensive satellites to space then they surely have money to invest in these projects.

Trace all the problems India has and it will lead to two things, population overgrowth and lack of proper education.
Old November 10, 2006, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
And bhai, no one uses scout planes here when you got satellites, and no one uses helicopter unless you are invading a third world or improvished country.
Sorry to say, as for your knowledge of fighting modern day warfare, you are wrong on both accounts. Y not check it out before using ultimate terms such as "No One".
Old November 10, 2006, 11:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
The fact that you thought we were serious about discussing the possibility of war between India and Australia is even more funny.
I had just as much laugh when I realized how easy it is for you guys to get carried away. Typical human nature
Old November 10, 2006, 11:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Sorry to say, as for your knowledge of fighting modern day warfare, you are wrong on both accounts. Y not check it out before using ultimate terms such as "No One".
You're right Billah bhai. I guess Hitler bhai's been playing computer games so much that he's lost all sense of reality!
Old November 11, 2006, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Pawar handed over the trophy, then expected it to hold it up with Ponting as if he'd won it or something. Pawar isn't the centre of attention he should just give the trophy over and get out of the way. Instead he stood there like a wild animal dazed by a car's headlights. Ponting told him where to go and Martyn helped him get there...he was pretty gentle the way he went about it and I don't think Pawar cares either. People just look for an excuse to target Australia...tall poppy syndrome.
Old November 11, 2006, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Aye, Major Billah...

Please dont court martial me for my ignorance. It will never happen again Sir.
Old November 11, 2006, 01:30 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
I miss the strongest Australian defender "Sydney". Where is he? Haven't heard from him in a while. Will be fun to hear from him about this.
Dear Kabir bhai,
Thanks for remembering me during my days of hiding from BC. its not a voluntary one, but more like compelled to. Been really busy with my new job recently along with moving houses and all sorts of other stuff, and the resulted casualties was my time here on beloved BC.

As for my 2 cents over the "incident", i guess i could not have said it better than James 90.

And as far my anti-indian feelings goes, i would be even happier if Damien Martyn or Ponting kicked him out of the podium for being a pure A-hole standing there like an oblivion moron. He is an indian and i could not give a rat's back about his "prestige and honour". Esp being the guy at the top of BCCI denying tours to our country, i guess what DM or Ponting did was exactly what we (BC fans) being tryin to do over the years.

So we should be cheering for the Aussies for doing the unthinkable.

Go Marto, Go Punta.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 11, 2006, 01:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You're right Billah bhai. I guess Hitler bhai's been playing computer games so much that he's lost all sense of reality!
That makes sense when my computer is down and I have to use my only available work laptop to play Age of Empires II..

Brilliant assumption.
Old November 11, 2006, 01:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by James90
Pawar handed over the trophy, then expected it to hold it up with Ponting as if he'd won it or something. Pawar isn't the centre of attention he should just give the trophy over and get out of the way. Instead he stood there like a wild animal dazed by a car's headlights. Ponting told him where to go and Martyn helped him get there...he was pretty gentle the way he went about it and I don't think Pawar cares either. People just look for an excuse to target Australia...tall poppy syndrome.
I saw the replay of the incident many times. He didnt know what to do when giving Trophy to Ponting and Symonds made that point aswell. However that or anything doesnt justify the pushing. You do that in the field on an umpire, you will be kicked out of the field, if not instantly. He may not be an umpire but he does have a commanding position off-field.

You have a mouth with voice, use that to tell Pawar to get off the podium. Not shove him like he is your average bloke. And definitely not call him "Hiya Buddy".

And dont assume people just pick on Australia for no reason. Their unconditional support for Darrel Hair created lot of hard feeling. If Hair was Sri Lankan or Kenyan player, CA wouldnt have given two hoots. This kind of favouritism wont win you many friends.

Last edited by Alien; November 11, 2006 at 04:01 AM..
Old November 11, 2006, 02:12 AM
Cricket Legend

We should appreciate Ponting for the way he treated the all powerful BCCI chairman. I would have been more happy if he slap the other big shots of BCCI.
On the issue, I agree with James. Wht the hell Mr Power was doing after giving the prize. typicl politicians always want to be in limelight. And typical response from Indian media.
Old November 11, 2006, 03:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Aye, Major Billah...

Please dont court martial me for my ignorance. It will never happen again Sir.
Well, you're the one that suggested the use of MOAB to wipe out Indian regiments, earlier in this thread. For one, MOAB or tactical nuclear weapons are not options normally considered against invading armies, for obvious reasons. Unless, of course, you and your forces just wanted to go down in a blazin' fury with the enemy...

All top forces in the world have scouting planes, manned or unmanned. Helicopters are finding ever wider roles in ground attack and SAR missions daily, thanks to the advances in electronics, ammo, terrain hugging flight technologies, smarter missles, jammers and decoys.

Anyways. Skip the court martial, cadet, no biggie...
Old November 11, 2006, 03:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Well, you're the one that suggested the use of MOAB to wipe out Indian regiments, earlier in this thread. For one, MOAB or tactical nuclear weapons are not options normally considered against invading armies, for obvious reasons. Unless, of course, you and your forces just wanted to go down in a blazin' fury with the enemy...

All top forces in the world have scouting planes, manned or unmanned. Helicopters are finding ever wider roles in ground attack and SAR missions daily, thanks to the advances in electronics, ammo, terrain hugging flight technologies, smarter missles, jammers and decoys.

Anyways. Skip the court martial, cadet, no biggie...
Well, MOAB was used in VIetnam, Afghanistan and as recent as Iraq during the invasion. Al-Jazeera showed pictures of mushroom clouds and exageratting a "nuclear strike", which was the MOAB. Its used to create "shock and awe".

Now why did they use MOAB, I got no clue. But they did use it.

As for scout planes, ofcourse everyone possess them even Hezbollah which they used in Israel to show they they too got drones that can fly. You might use them against improvished countries like Afghanistan who barely has proper anti-aircraft to shoot down a bird let alone a man made drone. But you would use it against a country like Australia coz its not gonna come back to you, even the high altitude U2 planes. In that case you would use a spy satellite which only some countries have adopted coz of hi-tech requirements.