facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 27, 2012, 06:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Wont be surprised if Mushy gets benched today.

Old August 27, 2012, 06:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

come on mushy get some runs, we definitely need him to be consistent, i thought his consistency was on the way up but he's been in dismal form most of the time recently.
Old August 27, 2012, 07:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

Mushfiq really needs to improve his game. Otherwise im afraid that someone like anamul should rightfully take up his place in the near future
Old August 27, 2012, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Wont be surprised if Mushy gets benched today.
NN showing so much trust on him and he has failed to deliver to his fullest.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old August 27, 2012, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

I have a feeling Mushy that will do very well today (Insha Allah) if he is in the xi!
Old August 27, 2012, 08:47 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
NN showing so much trust on him and he has failed to deliver to his fullest.
হ বলছে তোমাকে
একটা ফিফটি করসে ভালো wicket keeping করসে
শুধু লাস্ট মাচ এ ভালো করে নাই এই যা

কিন্তু যদি এই টিম এ এক্সট্রা WK থাকে তাহলে মুশি আজ বাদ পড়তে পারে
Old August 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
Banned

Well suprisingly mushfiq is the 3rd highest run scorer for nagenihara so far. There really hasnt been much good performance from any of the individuals.

Even with lesser oppurtunities he scored more than shehzad and birt, none of who keeps and at the same time Imran Nazir wont be available for selection so I dont really think Mushfiq will get dropped unless and until they have a good reserve keeper
Old August 27, 2012, 09:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Oh please. He scored a match-winning 54* just two games ago and people think he should be dropped? Shakib went two seasons without scoring a 50 in the IPL and fans here think he should play every game for KKR. NN have bigger fish to fry. Ahmed Shehzad has failed pretty much every game. And I believe NN are using Mushy incorrectly. The one game where he was sent in early he won them the match. He bats best when he is allowed to accrue the 1s and 2s early on in his innings but in the last couple of games he had to play his shots right away and he panicked. People complaining about his consistency - I'd like to know who are the consistent T20 batsmen in Bangladesh (other than Tamim just very recently)? Mushy's T20 average is the second-best for any BD player after Tamim and he has a higher SR than Tamim. It's ridiculous to even think about dropping him.
Old August 27, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Oh please. He scored a match-winning 54* just two games ago and people think he should be dropped? Shakib went two seasons without scoring a 50 in the IPL and fans here think he should play every game for KKR. NN have bigger fish to fry. Ahmed Shehzad has failed pretty much every game. And I believe NN are using Mushy incorrectly. The one game where he was sent in early he won them the match. He bats best when he is allowed to accrue the 1s and 2s early on in his innings but in the last couple of games he had to play his shots right away and he panicked. People complaining about his consistency - I'd like to know who are the consistent T20 batsmen in Bangladesh (other than Tamim just very recently)? Mushy's T20 average is the second-best for any BD player after Tamim and he has a higher SR than Tamim. It's ridiculous to even think about dropping him.
I agree with you completely. 1 bad game and everybody's calling him to be out of the xi....it's NN management's fault of not using him properly in the xi...imagine had he been on the crease batting at #3. NN could have won against Wayamba. And about last match...what can he do if he comes to bat at #5 when the team's state is pretty distressing?? It puts a lot of pressure for him to start slogging straight away. Even Iceman had similar problems in IPL4 and 5 when he had to slog from the very first ball and he eventually had to start walking towards the dressing room getting dismissed. Come on everyone!
Old August 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Today he is rested or dropped?
Old August 27, 2012, 09:40 AM
Banned

Dropped maybe due to ordinary performance in the last 2 match

On the other hand I dont know what Travis Birt did to be in the team
Old August 27, 2012, 09:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Dropped maybe due to ordinary performance in the last 2 match

He is Australian.
Old August 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Probably because this is a dead rubber? But doesn't seem that way, everyone else is playing. Extremely unfair, Birt has been in awful form.
Old August 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

He is dropped today , may be rested !!
Old August 27, 2012, 10:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: tamim,sakib

NN are playing with 3 overseas BTW where is NASIR???
Old August 27, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
I agree with your excuses completely. Excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, whining, excuses... Excuses. Excuses, excuses, excuses. Excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses. Some more excuses, excuses, excuses. Followed by excuses, excuses excuses. Excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses. Excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses. Excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses. Excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses, excuses. Come on everyone!
That's all I heard. Buncha sissy talk. He is playing in a 3rd class domestic league as a Test playing captain, over 6-7 years of INT experience including 5 WC, against bunch of no name spinners. Batting at #3 and batting at #5 shouldn't really make that much of a difference under those circumstances. He failed in the last 2 matches, simple.

And Equ, please don't start anther player v player thing. I'm already tired of Ash v Shak, we don't need another Rahim v Shak thing. Also it really bothers me when I consistently see fans justify their boii's failures with other players' failures.
Old August 27, 2012, 10:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
That's all I heard. Buncha sissy talk. He is playing in a 3rd class domestic league as a Test playing captain, over 6-7 years of INT experience including 5 WC, against bunch of no name spinners. Batting at #3 and batting at #5 shouldn't really make that much of a difference under those circumstances. He failed in the last 2 matches, simple.

And Equ, please don't start anther player v player thing. I'm already tired of Ash v Shak, we don't need another Rahim v Shak thing. Also it really bothers me when I consistently see fans justify their boii's failures with other players' failures.
I didn't dispute the fact that he failed in the last 2 matches. I just challenged the claim that he deserves to be dropped over two low scores given that he got a match-winning 50 just the game before and also pointed out the difference in reactions when there are different players involved. It was certainly not a player v player thing. Even though you may think he failed, in relative terms he has done better than most of the other NN foreign recruits (see Birt, Shehzad). Heck, even Mathews who has constantly promoted himself over Mushy has a lower Avg. and SR in the tournament and no 50s to his name.

Also it really bothers me when posters such as yourself and a couple of others lurk around desperately waiting for opportunities to pounce on certain players when they fail (but are nowhere to be seen when they score runs) because of petty issues you may have with them ie. how they look, how they style their hair.
Old August 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I didn't dispute the fact that he failed in the last 2 matches. I just challenged the claim that he deserves to be dropped over two low scores given that he got a match-winning 50 just the game before and also pointed out the difference in reactions when there are different players involved. It was certainly not a player v player thing. Even though you may think he failed, in relative terms he has done better than most of the other NN foreign recruits (see Birt, Shehzad). Heck, even Mathews who has constantly promoted himself over Mushy has a lower Avg. and SR in the tournament and no 50s to his name.

Also it really bothers me when posters such as yourself and a couple of others lurk around desperately waiting for opportunities to pounce on certain players when they fail (but are nowhere to be seen when they score runs) because of petty issues you may have with them ie. how they look, how they style their hair.
or what's their height
Old August 27, 2012, 10:50 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:

Also it really bothers me when posters such as yourself and a couple of others lurk around desperately waiting for opportunities to pounce on certain players when they fail (but are nowhere to be seen when they score runs) because of petty issues you have with them ie. how they look, how they style their hair.
Don't bullcrap me. I could careless about this SLPL. I'm waiting for the World Cup. I didn't care when Rahim played that "match-winning fifty" or Tamim's near 100, nor did I ask Rahim to be dropped. I hardly posted anything about this league in the forum. My post was against excuses that were being made by a fan, not against Rahim's 2-match failures. I just wanted them to fully accept what happened and move on. Making excuses for players doesn't help anyone.
Old August 27, 2012, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Personally, I like to judge myself based on the standards that I set myself, which are independent of the standards that others have set for themselves or the standards that they have achieved, or failed to achieve. Now when it comes to sports, I do tend to extend that to the players I like. Narrowing that down to Mushy's performance in the SLPL, while he might not have done badly enough compared to others to have gotten chopped, he still should have performed beyond that one half century and should expect to get dropped for not doing so. He should, IMO, hold himself to high standards (not saying he doesn't) and as a fan, I will measure his success/failure against those standards, not the ones achieved by, say, a lowly Birt.
Old August 27, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Well said Asif bhai. We should have high standard for our players. Of course you don't want to end up being unreasonable, but we should expect our players to do as good as they can because we want them to do well for BD in the end. Mushy is a player that's rising each year but feel that it's time he becomes a world class player because we've seen that the guy can bat and also under pressure situations. He's produced very good knocks over his career but needs to be more consistent in doing that. If he can, then it would do a major service for himself and the team.
Old August 27, 2012, 06:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

for sure high standards should be set, mushy along with some other BD players have the talent to be as good as anyone in international cricket. this needs to be the players mindset and they need to have the work ethic to achieve it.
Old August 28, 2012, 05:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker
Well he was top run scorer in the last BBL series. He is a good T20 player but yes his form in the SLPL has been poor which certainly doesnt warrant him a position in the team. He is probably struggling to adjust to the conditions.
Old August 28, 2012, 08:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
Well said Asif bhai. We should have high standard for our players. Of course you don't want to end up being unreasonable, but we should expect our players to do as good as they can because we want them to do well for BD in the end. Mushy is a player that's rising each year but feel that it's time he becomes a world class player because we've seen that the guy can bat and also under pressure situations. He's produced very good knocks over his career but needs to be more consistent in doing that. If he can, then it would do a major service for himself and the team.
U stole my words
Old August 29, 2012, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Mushfiqur Rahim has been among the tidiest wicketkeepers in the tournament, and has contributed with the bat as well. He missed the final round-robin game through injury but the Nagas will be hoping he is fit to play on Wednesday.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/sri-lank...ry/579873.html

So he was injured apparently. Fair enough.