facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 5, 2008, 09:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Good news for cricket, bad news for us. He could have joined after 7th nov.

Old November 5, 2008, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Pure comedy.

1st signs with ICL, takes cash.
Then PCB begs and returns the cash.
Then signs with IPL take cash. (signing bonus $125,000)
Then ICL petitions and he can't play at IPL and can't make any more money.
So decides to go back to ICL without returning cash. I bet he thought signing bonuses are his to keep.
+++
Future events that will follow:
IPL will sue and he can't play for ICL and will have to return cash. Even if he retires now from Pak Team he can't play anywhere. lol. Let BCL (Bangladesh Cricket League) get in to the mix and offer him to be the batting coach of one of the divisional teams.

See everything ends up with Cash or money. What a shame. Holding up his share to defame Pakistani cricket more and more.
You said it all. He already proved that he only hankers after money. Remember he threatens PCB to join ICL to be selected in national team. He is simply a scum bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Playing for the national team if selected is NOT mandatory. Why do people not understand that? One could make the argument that for players who have come up entirely through a board's pipe-line (i.e. U-16, U-19, Academy and A team) there should be some mandatory period of service (minimum X international matches of Y years) just like one expects when given a signing bonus. Beyond that, these people are no more traitors than those of us who are living abroad for a better opportunity.

Note for those who are comprehension challenged: this means I consider NEITHER ICLers nor প্রবাসিs as traitors.
Sorry to disagree on the bold part. Do you represent Bangladesh in world stage? Does any public or any quasi-public organization pay for your development. Though I do agree ICLer should not be considered as traitor in traditional sense but they did betray the trust upon them.
On a side note I know eventually ICL - BCCI saga would end (either BCCI would concede due to pressure from other board; though I have doubt as ECB is conceding to BCCI pressure or ICL would be broke) I do not want any ICL er within 200 m of national team. For playing for national team you need passion; unfortunately ICLer lack those.
Latest Update: PCB impose life ban on Yousuf

Last edited by thebest; November 5, 2008 at 10:55 AM..
Old November 6, 2008, 02:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Yousuf gonna play for Lahore Badshah and going to play against Dhaka Warriors on 7th of this month.
Old November 6, 2008, 06:44 AM
Cricket Legend

big blow for DW
Old November 6, 2008, 07:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

ধুর ! কপালের নাম গোপাল।
Old November 6, 2008, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Amader bad luck tai kharap.
Old November 7, 2008, 05:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!
Default Attitude of board and captain led me to ICL - Yousuf

Mohammad Yousuf, the Pakistan batsman, has said his move to the ICL was prompted by the attitude of PCB officials and Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik, and that his decision was not swayed by the money on offer.

"Everyone is saying that I have signed [up for] the ICL because of money but the real reason was the attitude of the PCB and Malik, which forced me to join the league," Yousuf told BBC Urdu radio in an interview. "[The] captain never gave me the respect I deserved.

"The PCB must respect the senior players and if they don't, more and more senior players will leave for the ICL," he said. "That has been the case since last year."
Yousuf will play for the Lahore Badshahs in the ICL, alongside Pakistan players such as Inzamam-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Azhar Mahmood, Saqlain Mushtaq, Mohammad Sami and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan - all of whom, like Yousuf, have been banned by the board for their involvement with the league.

He hit out at comments made by a few former players. Former captain Aamer Sohail said he spoiled his image by "ditching" a country that had given him fame and wealth. "Where were these former Test cricketers when the PCB claimed that there was delay in my visa for the Toronto event?" Yousuf told the Associated Press. "They did not raise any voice and now they are criticising me. I am getting more [money] while representing Pakistan and it's totally wrong to say I joined ICL because of big sums of money.

"There was very little cricket in Pakistan this year and I wanted to keep myself tuned up for the big series against India at home by playing in the ICL."

Yousuf left for India soon after he was named in Pakistan's team for the three ODIs against West Indies in Abu Dhabi, a move that surprised PCB officials. He had signed for the ICL last year after being left out of the squad for the World Twenty20 in South Africa, but was lured back by the board to play for Pakistan. His participation in the recent T20 Canada was halted by visa issues.

Yousuf said he was disappointed on missing out on the Canada tournament: he was named in the squad but visa problems prevented him from playing. "I was told that my visa for Canada was delayed. In fact afterwards I got to know that my visa was applied (for) in a wrong manner and I was left out of the team and no one from the PCB bothered to talk to me," he said. "I am the seniormost player and team's best performer for the last several years but I was left out of the team. They don't want me in the team so why not join a league where I am welcomed?

"I know I still have three to four years of cricket left in me, so I can still play for Pakistan provided I am accepted by the PCB and my team-mates, especially the captain. I have never said that I will prefer ICL over playing for my country. I am even available for the Abu Dhabi series, but it's disappointing that the PCB has suspended me."
© Cricinfo
Old November 7, 2008, 05:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

I like some of Yousuf's comments... like

"There was very little cricket in Pakistan this year and I wanted to keep myself tuned up for the big series against India at home by playing in the ICL."

"I know I still have three to four years of cricket left in me, so I can still play for Pakistan provided I am accepted by the PCB and my team-mates, especially the captain. I have never said that I will prefer ICL over playing for my country. I am even available for the Abu Dhabi series, but it's disappointing that the PCB has suspended me."
Old November 9, 2008, 07:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan

Absolutely fantastic player to watch...international cricket will really miss him.

he should have stayed in ICL and not listened to DNA...the way he flip flopped was not right.
Old November 9, 2008, 07:46 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Imran Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_fan_bd
So ICL is not recognised by ICC. Then why there is no harm of participating the tournament. Some posters argue here in the line that players can play ICL but seems ICC did not recognise the tournament yet! Those play in an unauthorised tournament instead of the national team (to earn easy $$) are just traitor to me.

here is what i posted a few months ago...lets see if you can agree with me

"If a hasbeen like Sunil Joshi is being paid thousands of dollars and is still eligible to play for his city and country then why can't a far better player like Mushtaq Ahmed be allowed to make a similar sum of money and still be eligible to play for Multan and Pakistan? If Virat Kohli and several other Indian youngsters are given a chance to make thousands of bucks then why shouldn’t players like Tim Southee, Sarfraz Ahmed and other young non Indian players be given a chance to make money?

I know it isn’t BCCI’s responsibility to give chances to the players outside IND but they should also NOT have the right to block opportunities for the players to go to different league. As things currently stand they have selected the players who they feel will benefit their league(most of the top 100 players on the planet) and YET they won't even allow the rest of the players to play to make money at ICL....now these players(mostly top domestic players) who stayed in domestic cricket are making LITERALLY 50 to 100 times less than what they could have just because of the constant bullying by the BCCI. "

They are not even letting these players play 1st class cricket by using their bullying and borderline blackmailing tactics...how messed up is that?"

actually i am not that worried about BCCI any more simply because they are taking BIG bites out of the game hence every thing is quite noticeable, they along with ICC will soon get sued and badly lose the case(ICC lawyers have already predicted that)
... and i am also sure fairly soon the Indian public(sensible people like TO) will turn against the BCCI as well( the rest of the world already has).

Every thing will be resolved with in a year(or at lest i hope so)