facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 3, 2003, 05:12 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Poor SA and WI.

Whatever the outcome could have been - SA ended up getting only two points from the match and in the process SL, Kenya and NZ goes through to the next round.

I know that some folks LOVE to support the weaklings like kenya and some were surprised that I have refused to term Kenya's success as more then a FLUKE and a whole lot of luck.

Think about it this way - SA and WI are FAR better then the Kenyan sides and thanks to rain, luck and some complications in the point system - they will go through to the next round with FULL points for beating SL and the points against NZ. This will simply lower the standards of the super six round.

Best of luck to Kenya, however, they are already riding on luck - any more and the World cup with be pointless.

Please feel free to disagree on me but watch the matches and you will admit that Kenya does not belong in the top six or even top 9 in world cricket. Sorry if I sound petty - my apologies.

Old March 3, 2003, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

I feel sorry for South Africa. But that IS the nature of the game. I basically lost interest in the w/c after the Canada-BD match. So I don't really care who belongs where now. Remember, we were not supposed to beat Pak back in 99. But we did. That was a good thing. **** happens.
Old March 3, 2003, 05:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful
Default Looks like Tehsin Bhai turned off \"language filtering\", I wonder Why???

Man, what standards you talking about??? Kenya made it through - they deserve it. PERIOD. SL might be better, BD might be better - IT DON"T MATTER..

What's with this luck?? Kenya caught all those SPECTACULAR catches against Bangladesh by Luck right? Bangladesh missed all those easy catches because Bangladesh has bad luck right??

Why is it...that Kenya causes so many upsets but Bangladesh can't whereas according to you Tehsin Bhai Bangladesh is better than Kenya? I am sure, if BD was in KEN's position right now, All of you would be cursing at foreign media for "not giving us proper credit"....

How did my post numbers go so high?? Damn!!
Old March 3, 2003, 05:41 PM
Banned

If "Super Six" material teams cannot do what is expected of them, then they are only to be blamed !

We might as well simply hand over the WC trophy to Australia just because they head the ODI rankings !! Oh, but I forget, we need some thrill too ! Lets have them play a "minnow" and spill some blood ! Good heavens, but what if they lose ? But how can they, they are a "Super Sixer" ain't it ? So lets have the minnow bat 20 overs only. After all, good heavens, they do have the advantage of having like 100 years of less experience then the Aussies !!

SA are to be blamed for their debacle, and only them. They sure may be great cricketers, but they have little heart, and when it matters the most, no brains.

With so many cricketing stadiums across the country, they should have bundled teams together more in the same region, and hosted 3-4 games per day. Walla, a shorther wc = less rain impacted wc.

Besides, everybody has dreams, and most importantly, THEY ARE EQUAL. It does not matter if its BD trying to go over 200 or SA winning the wc.

To Kenya...just enjoy. Even if it is supposedly, there only crime is not being able to have played NZ. And with all the arrogance in the air, who knows, Flemmings may actually have been the luckier of the outcome as it has happened - no game !

[Edited on 3-3-2003 by Pundit]
Old March 3, 2003, 05:45 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Hold on

I stopped saying Bangladesh is better then Kenya - .... not because that's what I believe but because that's what stats/results show, overwhelming stats, I might add. heck, even Tikolo said, bangladesh has improved. So now, we get players from kenya saying Bangladesh has improved ? What a joke. To me, Kenya used to be a better team but they were dissapointing against Bangladesh with their bowling and batting (except for Odumbe) - their fielding however is world class and their passion is what's driving them.

Us missing catches against Kenya - luck. why ? Watch the catch Rokon help on to from Lara. Take Pilot, missing those two easy caught behinds - once, I get, twice ? Tusher dropping a sitter - heck, I don't know about Tusher so that could be a natural occurance. Ashraful's LBW - it clearly hit the bat first.................

Forget us, why would Srilanka play their worst cricket against kenya in that match while they are trashing almost everyone else ?

NZ - South Africa is safer then Kenya but the faint-hearted did not want to play in kenya. Giving Kenya the much needed points to qualify with FULL points into the super sixes.

now - I will shut down if Kenya beats West Indies or atleast make it a very CLOSE game.

Also, no. When teams like SA and WI can beat us with their eyes closed and Kenya has to depend on our poor batting, bowling and fielding - I don't think they are there yet. we lost to Canada, remember ? Doesn't take much to defeat us.
Old March 3, 2003, 06:05 PM
Cricket Legend

I kind of agree with Tehsin bhai. Kenya is a lot better than us, no doubt about it. They deserve to be in the super sixes and SA is to blame for not making it through. But surely you guys agree that WI or SA would have given Aus and India a better fight than Kenya will. How many of you actually expect Kenya to win even one game in the super sixes? They might, but it doesn't seem likely does it? I think all of us would have preferred to see WI-Aus than Aus-Kenya in the super sixes. I certainly would.
Old March 3, 2003, 06:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

No way kenya don't deserve to come into the super six...its just their luck that New Zeelanders didn't play them in the nairobi....u guys talking about kenya's upsets...its not actually upsets but its upset only one against Sri Lanka which I believe was not a fair game cz Sri Lanka really didn't want SA to qualify for the Super Six and I guess that was the main reason behind Srilanka losing to Kenya....

[Edited on 3-3-2003 by ehsan]
Old March 3, 2003, 07:25 PM
Cricket Legend

I agree that Kenya does not belong in the super six based on their performance so far.

If they beat the west indies maybe they r good enough. But otherwise Kenya (inspite of being better than bangladesh), are not good enough for the super six.

Come to think of it, Kenya can get trashed in 2 of its games and then if the 3rd game is rained out they might actually go on to the semi finals.

If they beat teams in super 6 they will deserve to be in semi finals. But with help from rain ? No way.

I simply dont know why they dont keep reserve days . That wud be way more fairer.
Old March 3, 2003, 07:39 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default :)

Kenya coach Sandeep Patil said.

"We are aware of what has happened but that's a part of cricket and luck goes to the brave."

LUCK goes to the BRAVE. The KENYAN's are brave and proud cricketers. I salute their efforts. Atleast they try. We didn't try, we didn't get anywhere. Just our (fans) luck that we happen to have such losers in our team, unlike those brave Kenyans.
Old March 3, 2003, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

South Africa is one unlucky team. In the 1992 world cup, they got screwed by rain. In 1999, that last ball run out was tragic. And this year again, they didn't make it because of one run! And that too because they sent Boucher the wrong message! They told him that they needed 229 at the end of 45 instead of 230, so he hit a six of murali's penultimate ball and blocked the last one. If he had taken a singel, they would have been through. How completely gutted must they feel? On the other hand, NZ must be jumping up and down. Oder poush maash!

[Edited on 4-3-2003 by Sham]
Old March 3, 2003, 11:13 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default For NZ

Looks like they might get further this time - Pakistan is not there to stop them.

However, Davison showed what they can expect from Australia in the super sixes. I'm sorry, he was born in the Canadian soil, that's makes him Canadian. The fact that he lived his entire life in Australia and that he figured out the only way for him to play the World Cup is to play for Canada (at age 18. He was rejected. Got a call back 2/3 years ago after someone saw him play first class cricket in Australia) means jack.

We need to invite a few plane loads of pregnant Australians (can never tell which ones might works out) to BD to have their babies. Instead of wasting the money on our players, we can "invest" in the future. Khek.

[Edited on 4-3-2003 by tehsin]
Old March 3, 2003, 11:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Lets get James. That will be a start. He is 13! Enough time to make him into a national cricketer! If ex-fotballers can become national cricketers, surely James can.
Old March 4, 2003, 02:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

SA don't deserve to be there, they lost to WI and NZ and tied by DL to SL. Kenyans deserve a place as they were the only team in this WC to take full use of Home advantage. Kenya is a far better team than Pakistan.
Old March 4, 2003, 02:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default LoL

I think that might have been why i "started" following BD with the hope that i could play test cricket but heck.....i got nothing to do with Bangladesh
Old March 4, 2003, 12:08 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Default Shahid bhai

No reason to get excited about Kenya. Kenya is not FAR better then Pakistan, I am sure you know that too. The only team they can be better then is Bangladesh, then again, I'd like to call the BD team as associates, not a test team.

By the way, anyone seen the match between Kenya and West indies ? One thing the Kenyan's do better then us with their limited bowling ability is to take wickets. WI were 246 for 7 in 50 overs. IS it because they have a much better fielding side then ours ? Better captaincy may be an issue. The main reason we lost to Kenya is our poor captaincy and fielding. If we do not get a better captain and work on our fielding (let's not forget batting) we will keep on being an associate team.

WI 246/7, 50 overs.
Ken 104/10, 35.5 overs.

Poor WI.
Old March 4, 2003, 01:28 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

People who didn't see that Ken vs BD match don't know how bad Kenay really is. Reading CricInfo doesn't count as watching the match. You have to really see them play to see how bad their batting and bowling is. I still can't believe we lost to them. If we held onto all those catches Kenya probably barely would cross 160. Odumbe can't even get couple of wickets in Dhaka league and here he became the killer bowler! What a joke.

In any event, WI put a bullet through them today, Kenya all out for 104 . I am happy. At least someone is showing that **** team how stupid they are. Just wait and see how they are blown away in super six. They don't deserve to be in super six.