facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 7, 2010, 02:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Thumbs up Razzak: The Resurrection

To be honest, I never liked him. Something about him always smelled like rancid onions to me. Maybe it's the flared nostrils (hence the nick "Nostrilamous Rex") that make him look like a bewildered man-child perpetually smelling something bad ... who knows, who cares?!

I found his bowling to be nothing out of the ordinary and felt his wickets had more to do with unforced batting error than the actual quality of his deliveries though the scripting was never too bad. The he got busted twice for chucking and I lost all respect for him as a bowler, pretty much. His alleged comebacks were packed with the obligatory "one-legside-boundary ball- per over" and the fact that he's possibly the worst fielder in international cricket, and like all bad fielders an especially major liability in the shorter versions of the game, made him the prototypical Hudmah in my book.

I never thought he could bat as no clueless agriculturalist can no matter how flashy is the proverbial flash in the pan.

Having said all that, I have been blown away by some of the truly exceptional deliveries during the course of his last 30 overs. ANY batsman in the world would've had difficulty negotiating those. Keep it up Nostrilamous Rex, improve your fielding through hard work, become what you're in the process of becoming: better than EVER before and your very best ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; December 7, 2010 at 03:11 AM..

Old December 7, 2010, 03:06 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

he worked very hard for this and with his experience its all well
Old December 7, 2010, 03:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Have to give razzak credit here, any change in natural bowling action is hard to adapt. His bowling has definitely improved markedly during this series (from one bad delivery every over)... I think he and shakib will rock during the world cup!

I feel the world cup is really bringing out the best from our players, it's a really exciting time for bangladesh cricket after all those years of pain and agony. However, I am quite unhappy with unprofessional nature of our board, with Lotus at the helm.
Old December 7, 2010, 03:24 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
Have to give razzak credit here, any change in natural bowling action is hard to adapt. His bowling has definitely improved markedly during this series (from one bad delivery every over)... I think he and shakib will rock during the world cup!

I feel the world cup is really bringing out the best from our players, it's a really exciting time for bangladesh cricket after all those years of pain and agony. However, I am quite unhappy with unprofessional nature of our board, with Lotus at the helm.
all thous years are still fresh in my mind...i find it hard to be excited because there are still players in the team who can bring back the pains again..still our batting is this
Old December 7, 2010, 04:08 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Bowlers are doing so well that our weaknesses in the batting are not being exposed... the first game showed the worst characteristics of our batting... 2nd game the total to chase was modest... 3rd was overshadowed by brilliant innings from Shakib... So far dropped catches and missed stumpings has helped us a lot in the batting department... against good teams we won't get away playing like this... in cricket anyone can get out early before they are set... so I am hoping that in the top order, those who do get set would compile a big score.. not mere 30s and 40s in the next two games in chittagong...
Old December 7, 2010, 04:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i think his delivery to taylor was the best one i've seen him bowl...he also cleaned up KP in last season's chittagong test with a cracker of a delivery. he's fairly useless on flat pitches...but when there is turn and bounce, he can be deadlier than a harbhajan singh. we tend to forget razzak is a tall-ish spinner at 5-11 or perhaps even touching 6 feet on a good day, his high arm action also allows him to maximize any available bounce off of the wicket. if he bowls like this, i see no reason why he can't contribute in tests either. big if though perhaps. he's also been turning the ball more than he used to. again this could be the wicket playing its share.

either way, a guy who always used to dominate and decimate Zimbabwe is simply chewing their batsmen raw and spitting them out with utter disdain.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 7, 2010, 05:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
all thous years are still fresh in my mind...i find it hard to be excited because there are still players in the team who can bring back the pains again..still our batting is this
U r right Nightwolf bhaiya
Our batting sucks.
Old December 9, 2010, 12:41 AM

FRantastic thread Sohel bhai
All I am waiting now is to break the worl record (total wickets in a series) in tomorrow's match...and I know Razzak will do it.

Razzak ailo.................
Old December 9, 2010, 06:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
i think his delivery to taylor was the best one i've seen him bowl...he also cleaned up KP in last season's chittagong test with a cracker of a delivery. he's fairly useless on flat pitches...but when there is turn and bounce, he can be deadlier than a harbhajan singh. we tend to forget razzak is a tall-ish spinner at 5-11 or perhaps even touching 6 feet on a good day, his high arm action also allows him to maximize any available bounce off of the wicket. if he bowls like this, i see no reason why he can't contribute in tests either. big if though perhaps. he's also been turning the ball more than he used to. again this could be the wicket playing its share.

either way, a guy who always used to dominate and decimate Zimbabwe is simply chewing their batsmen raw and spitting them out with utter disdain.
Agree 100%. Maybe he's a "late bloomer" by our strange standards, as far as genuine strike bowling is concerned. His bowling in his last 30 overs has been well beyond just clever containment.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old December 9, 2010, 11:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Agree 100%. Maybe he's a "late bloomer" by our strange standards, as far as genuine strike bowling is concerned. His bowling in his last 30 overs has been well beyond just clever containment.
here's what Chigumbura had to say about Razzak this series:

Quote:
The last time I came here, Abdur Razzak used to bowl straight but this time he seems to be varying them, turning them, and it's just a matter of watching the ball closely. We just have to try and play with the spin and cover our stumps.
Looks like razzak really is diversifying and becoming more of an attacking spinner.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 9, 2010, 01:10 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Razzak sucks-> Razzak rulez -> Reported for Chucking -> Comes back -> Razzak sucks-> Razzak rulez -> Reported for Chucking -> Comes back -> Razzak sucks-> Razzak rulez -> whats next?
Old December 9, 2010, 01:15 PM
BC Editorial Team

I am too lazy to dig up the thread where I analyzed his changed action from last yer but I'll repeat what I said then. The change in action has forced him to be more side-on during delivery and as such - and this should be known to anyone where who has experimented between open-chested and side-on actions - he gets more drift and mastery of flight. It's the drift/flight that accounted for Taylor's stumping - watch how his head lifts and then he overbalances as the ball swerves towards his pad. Of course it's this drift factor which causes some of his quicker deliveries to go legside wide.
Old December 9, 2010, 02:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Old December 9, 2010, 02:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
Razzak sucks-> Razzak rulez -> Reported for Chucking -> Comes back -> Razzak sucks-> Razzak rulez -> Reported for Chucking -> Comes back -> Razzak sucks-> Razzak rulez -> whats next?
his arm seems pretty straight nowadays.

#OneTeam1Dream