facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player
Default should it be Ash? or Mehrab/Tamim? or FARHAD REZA ?

from the current squad ...

I think selectors made few mistakes. Such as...
Firstly -They LEFT Out FARHAD REZA !
Secondly- they picked Up THREE openers !
4thly- 4 pacers !
5th-(i am not sure)

Now I am confused about the Team. who should they Pick for Opening the battiing?
SN-Mhrb jnr ??
SN-Tamim??

Facts : SN-Mhrb is a so far so good combination ! (though Mehrab is too slow! even in home leagues)
Tamim is a very good striker of the ball. Currently in-form. Surely I'd like to see SN and TAMIM as opening pairs. However if the selectors does so...then where would they place Mehrab??

After SN-TAMIM/Mehrab....its AFTAB>Sakib>BASHAR>TUSHAR> ??

after tushar should it be ASHRAFUL? or MEHRAB(if he is not oepning)? And Do u think it was a good idea Dropping FARHAD REZA??
I dont think so! Though Farhad is not in form in current BD league game. HE is Much Better in International matches ! (i,e Healthy average and strike rate). I think selectors should;ve thought about Him More.

Ashraful is in the team For?? because he scored a big score few months ago? well...selectors should be Ready To Get another big score from ashraful. but not in 2007! (may be in 2008).

I am ready to take FARHAD reza instead of ASHRAFUL(if he flops anymore)!

I have No comment on Bowling section. however It was a good move to bring back TAPASH. He can BAT/Bowl. and Mohammed SHarif ..erm..May be OK! (better then Sayed Rassel to me)

I would like to see ENAMUL Haq Jnr in ODIs.

So i think the BCB should Pick up players from these sections :
Opening:
S.Nafees
Tamim
Mehrab jnr(can Bowl)

Top middle order:
Aftab(can Bowl)
Sakib(can bowl)
Farhad(can bowl)
Tushar
bashar
Ashraful
Lower middle order :
Mushfiqur rahim(can bowl)
Mohamed Rafiq

tailenders (pacers/spinner):
Mashrafee(can Bat)
Tapash(can bat)
Sharif(can Bat)
Shahadat
razzak
Enamul Jnr

Now I am Really confused which ones to Pick for the Final XI

NB: I dont know much about Nadif;s play. so I didnt mention him. If Anyone likes to add him in any section. U are Welcome! is he an Alrounder?

Old January 26, 2007, 03:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Are you picking 11 players for the Zim series or the WC?
For Zim series:
If you are risk taker you'd go with Tamim. Replace Ash with Mehrab Jr. Forhad is not there. For bowlers, rest Rafique, restrict Mash from bowling and get Sharif and Taposh bowl 10 overs each with Shahadat.

As for the WC we need to wait and see.
Old January 26, 2007, 04:14 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I hate this attitude of selectors of picking a player too early and throwing him out for no apparent reason. forhad reza should have stayed in, specially when we already know what TI will do. another single digit score.
Old January 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I dont think TI will get o feature in the first eleven in either the ZIM series or the WC. He is a back up middle order player in case one of the first choice batters are injured. I would like to see Tamim and SN open although it is not fair on Mehrab to be dropped or be moved down the order since he has not done too much wrong with the chances he got so far( other than playing at a snail's pace). But still if I was a selector I would try out Tamim and see how that goes in order to get the best opening combination for the WC.
Old January 26, 2007, 05:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
I hate this attitude of selectors of picking a player too early and throwing him out for no apparent reason. forhad reza should have stayed in, specially when we already know what TI will do. another single digit score.
agree 100%

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 26, 2007, 05:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

damn.. khali complain r complain shob jaigai.. bangali bolteii complain.....

forhad was picked before as an all rounder.. but hes not doing good in bowling.. so why shud they pick him up this time?? mehrab is too slow but effective.. and if tamim plays.. mehrab will sit out in the pavilion. thats all..

i think this time.. selectors did a better job than they did before...
Old January 26, 2007, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Are you picking 11 players for the Zim series or the WC?
For Zim series:
If you are risk taker you'd go with Tamim. Replace Ash with Mehrab Jr. Forhad is not there. For bowlers, rest Rafique, restrict Mash from bowling and get Sharif and Taposh bowl 10 overs each with Shahadat.

As for the WC we need to wait and see.
i like your ones the most. there is no point of trying rafique or mashrafee anymore. because as we all know they are auto selected for the WC team. we should try those ones who may be or may not be in the team.
Old January 26, 2007, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
Rubu bhai i am with you. i know there are some people here with big hopes for TI. however i seriously dont see the light in him anymore. he is just a clone of Rokon. well he might prove me wrong but as far as now i dont see that happening.
Old January 26, 2007, 07:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

fawk!! i'm sure mehrab wasn't batting at much of a snail's pace when he put up 132 against city club. can you quit judging the whole basket of eggs after checking only 2?

umar, i hardly see anything confusing in picking 3 openers or 4 pacers in a team. i dont recall farhad reza being such an indispensable part of our team ever either. to understand actually how far apart we stand on these issues...check this out - i think mehrab has a bigger chance to solidify his place in our team before either sakib or farhad does. i wont touch the ashraful issue. try to expect the same from him that you do from the rest of the team....not some freakish out-worldly numbers. those will eventually come.

farhad didn't get a spot simply because of competition. if this was a couple of years ago, he would've gotten in easy. this is a good thing.

rubu....neither one of us is blessed with nostradamus' gifts. i think the odds are against tushar scoring in single digits though. i'm jealous of FRB by the way. do you see the light in me? please do!! (nice to see you back man)

Last edited by shovon13; January 26, 2007 at 07:29 PM..
Old January 26, 2007, 07:50 PM
Cricket Legend

thank you shovon bhai. But the problem is wats the point of seeing light in you? You are not in the team. If you were in the team then most probably I would have seen the light in you.
Old January 26, 2007, 08:05 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
thank you shovon bhai. But the problem is wats the point of seeing light in you? You are not in the team. If you were in the team then most probably I would have seen the light in you.
hahaha....thanks for the heartfelt compliment.

i meant, tushar changed a lot since his early days. he's a lot more consistent, more mature. this has happened with rokon as well. unlike hannan, nafis, alok (these guys have time on their side....but they need to start fighting back)....tushar and especially rokon showed spirit through their domestic performance. they haven't given up on themselves. zimbabwe is the perfect stage to test out if tushar has cut the corner yet. he'll be very handy especially for the oneday team, since he can keep too.
Old January 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok, ami kintu amader bharprapto nirbachon commissioner ar moton bolte chai, "dekha jak ki hoi"

Last edited by FaltuRidwanBhai; January 26, 2007 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: amar lawyer ke jiggasha koren tini bhalo bolte parben.
Old January 26, 2007, 08:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Since Rokon's name came up, just let you guys know- he has scored 301 runs at average 50 in six premier league matches he played so far, with three fifties. This kind of consisteny is remarkable even in the domestic league performence standard Rokon maintained over last two years. I say the selectors are too biased to ignore him for the world cup squad.
Old January 26, 2007, 08:32 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Shavon bhai, nice to be back. was very busy with life lately.

anyway, since tushar is already in the team, I wish him good. but my gut feeling is that he will chock again. stat speaks against him. this is not the first time he did good good for non-national team and failed miserably in national team. he does that all the time. a srink might be able to help him on that. regardless, of his problem is mental or technical, he need to fix that first before coming to national team, just bringing him in and throwing him out won't help.
Old January 26, 2007, 09:23 PM
Test Cricketer

How the heck do I know? How the heck do you know?
Old January 26, 2007, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahriyar
I dont think TI will get o feature in the first eleven in either the ZIM series or the WC. He is a back up middle order player in case one of the first choice batters are injured. I would like to see Tamim and SN open although it is not fair on Mehrab to be dropped or be moved down the order since he has not done too much wrong with the chances he got so far( other than playing at a snail's pace). But still if I was a selector I would try out Tamim and see how that goes in order to get the best opening combination for the WC.
yeah i agree, although i think the selectors will give tamim a chance or two against zimbabwe. it is unfair on mehrab though.............but unless tamim can really do something extraordinary, i dont think the selectors are going to replace mehrab or move him down the order for the world cup.

i still prefer tamim though because he can give us a start that mehrab probably cant.
Old January 26, 2007, 10:08 PM
Cricket Legend

well i want to see tamim first. i want to see him playing at the international level first before making any wise/unwise comments. cuz as you know domestic league and international match are just two different stories. and we have a basket full of examples of that.
Old January 27, 2007, 06:05 AM
Test Cricketer

I dnt now why Junaied wasnt considered....
Old January 27, 2007, 10:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance_klusner
I dnt now why Junaied wasnt considered....
Maybe because this was the first season you have actually heard him do anything noteworthy with the bat. On the other hand Tamim has been doing good for a while now starting from age group cricket to domestic matches. It's the duration that made all the difference as far as I am concerned. If junaed can keep performing consistently in domestic matches and other chances he gets then he too will have his go at the national team. The selection committee is doing a very commendable job.
Old January 27, 2007, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

yes we are now making a squad for the world cup. we are not playing a tri series with malaysia and thailand. if that was the case i am sure they would have picked junaed to have some fun.
Old January 27, 2007, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
yes we are now making a squad for the world cup. we are not playing a tri series with malaysia and thailand. if that was the case i am sure they would have picked junaed to have some fun.
Thailand e boshe you are putting them in a bad light !!!!!! Hahaha...how ironic. :p
Old January 27, 2007, 01:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Real player,Media player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
yeah i agree, although i think the selectors will give tamim a chance or two against zimbabwe. it is unfair on mehrab though.............but unless tamim can really do something extraordinary, i dont think the selectors are going to replace mehrab or move him down the order for the world cup.

i still prefer tamim though because he can give us a start that mehrab probably cant.

I dont think we should think or care about what is unfair and fair in chosing a best Team! However I would care if we replace a player who is consitant and playing good by a player who is not as good as him ! For example...We know Tamim is Good Prospect right now and many of us have no doubt about that Tamim is a better player then Mehrab jnr. Therefore i dont think its unfair to replace a better player even though mehrab is Good! (however if Tamim can't play or show us what he's got...he should be replaced by Mehrab again !..But atleast we should use our opportunities to check out our players)

by the way..can tamim Bowl ??
Old January 27, 2007, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

I just hope Tamim is as successful in int cricket as domestic cricket. He can be tried at No 3 and dropping Aftab at 6. In that case Ash will sit out.
Old January 27, 2007, 06:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

I hope so too, esp after fighting for his inclusion in the team. The thing is....hes still very young, but im sure hes got the talent. Otherwise there is absolutely no way he could keep up what hes doing now. I just hope the fear of playing with an international team doesnt catch up with him. Ive got a question though, for you guys. What If he performs really well in this series? Do you think he should be considered for the WC then? Im still undecided.....Only if he scores at least one century and a couple of 50's
Old January 27, 2007, 07:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD4eva
I hope so too, esp after fighting for his inclusion in the team. The thing is....hes still very young, but im sure hes got the talent. Otherwise there is absolutely no way he could keep up what hes doing now. I just hope the fear of playing with an international team doesnt catch up with him. Ive got a question though, for you guys. What If he performs really well in this series? Do you think he should be considered for the WC then? Im still undecided.....Only if he scores at least one century and a couple of 50's
if and only if mehrab fails horribly then tamim might be considered for the WC.