facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 10, 2012, 12:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Bangladesh Worried about security in Pakistan - Naimur Rahman

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/548724.html

Bangladesh's players are concerned about the security situation in Pakistan ahead of their scheduled tour to the country in April, the Cricketers' Welfare Association of Bangladesh (CWAB) president, Naimur Rahman, has said. ...

+++
Politiking???

Old January 10, 2012, 12:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

The Bangladesh cricketers are concerned about the proposed tour of Pakistan due to security fears."When all the teams have turned down the offer to tour Pakistan because of ongoing security concerns, then why are we showing interest?"questioned a national cricketer on condition of anonymity...."W e are really concerned, especially our family members are very keen to know what is going on with this tour. You know we have been getting bad news almost every week from Pakistan. If I'm not wrong, an attack even took place on a naval air force base near Karachi's National Stadium, so how can you feel comfortable with this proposed tour,"said another cricketer."It would be really nice if the board took the opinion of the cricketers which many countries have done,"he added. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=217672
Old January 10, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

They better stand up. Terrible idea to tour in the first place when everyone else tours UAE. Why should we be the guinea pigs? If the PCB don't like it, they can keep the ICC presidency and shove it.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 10, 2012, 08:57 AM
Cricket Legend

YES. I'm so glad some people in Bangladesh have some common sense. Don't send our boys to their deaths in Pakistan of all places.
Old January 10, 2012, 09:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

This is a response to PCB's refusal to allow their players in the BPL.

If they end up barring their players, we should send them a strong message by rejecting the tour.
They need it more than us. We already have enough foreign players to launch our tournament.

Also being deprived from taking part in IPL, it won't go down well with their players who are surely to be one of the most sought after players, esp in Bangladesh domestic cricket.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 10, 2012, 09:22 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Good job naimur Rahman, he is for the players, I can see he is becoming a great leader

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 10, 2012, 09:28 AM
Cricket Sage

I understand that underground tit-for-tat politics going on between BCB and PCB. I also understand why player may be concerned about this tour. very valid concern, no doubt about that.

But from a fan's perspective I care less if they play in Siberia or Alaska or Pakistan.... the more games they play the better for me.... all the teams are playing and here we are sucking our thumbs and waiting and nothing else to do..... I want some games.... anywhere in the world.
Old January 10, 2012, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

^^^ not at the risk of the safety of our players.
Old January 10, 2012, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

I am not sure if ICC will force other countries to visit Pakistan aswell after we tour them? If the answer is yes then I think BCB will not tour Pakistan. Obviously India, Australia, England, SA will not like to go to Pakistan and they might influence Bangladesh not to go there either..Security is an issue but may not be the ONLY issue here.

I would rather play in UAE or somewhere else but would stay away from Pakistan. But at the same time I will feel sad for the cricket loving people of Pakistan who have been deprived for so long.
Old January 10, 2012, 10:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Lets send Loitta kamal to Pakistani mine field first. If he can come back safely then we will think about sending our players.
Old January 10, 2012, 10:17 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

I would rather play in UAE or somewhere else but would stay away from Pakistan. But at the same time I will feel sad for the cricket loving people of Pakistan who have been deprived for so long.
Not to worry, even in UAE, the stadiums will be filled with Pakistanis ... so Pakistani cricket lovers wont miss cricket. its only PCB missing the extra money ....... which mostly goes into the pockets of the corrupt officials ... so no sysmpathy ....

Bangladesh shouldnt visit Pakistan, security is a real issue there. even Pak political situation is also very unstable at the moment. Let Imran and mushraf be back to power, then you may consider a visit, still with some risks.
Old January 10, 2012, 10:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

Even Pakistani people will be scared to go to Stadiums in Pakistan. Terrorists ra Mosque porjonto charey na, ar stadium to kono bepar e na !
Old January 10, 2012, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The players should boycott the tour. Who knows, we might end up sending a third XI.
Old January 10, 2012, 10:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

As much as I want to see us playing more matches, I don't think this tour is safe enough. PCB bought this tour from Loita but it is our players who will be put to risk.

Even if nothing happens, our players will be under constant fear and this will have an effect on our performance. Overall its a lose-lose situation.
Old January 10, 2012, 10:49 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Not to worry, even in UAE, the stadiums will be filled with Pakistanis ... so Pakistani cricket lovers wont miss cricket. its only PCB missing the extra money ....... which mostly goes into the pockets of the corrupt officials ... so no sysmpathy ....

Bangladesh shouldnt visit Pakistan, security is a real issue there. even Pak political situation is also very unstable at the moment. Let Imran and mushraf be back to power, then you may consider a visit, still with some risks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
Even Pakistani people will be scared to go to Stadiums in Pakistan. Terrorists ra Mosque porjonto charey na, ar stadium to kono bepar e na !
That power thirsty Loitta promised Pakistan a tour. And thats what bothering me. I hate to break promises. Loitta is risking many lives here. I want Loitta to go to Pakistan with the players and share the same bus.

Ya Allah please make it easy for us..
Old January 10, 2012, 02:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I understand that underground tit-for-tat politics going on between BCB and PCB. I also understand why player may be concerned about this tour. very valid concern, no doubt about that.

But from a fan's perspective I care less if they play in Siberia or Alaska or Pakistan.... the more games they play the better for me.... all the teams are playing and here we are sucking our thumbs and waiting and nothing else to do..... I want some games.... anywhere in the world.
no one wants more cricket than me. heck, i want ICC to give Ireland and Afghanistan test status so we can play a 5 test series!

but not at the risk of our lives.

and whatever the reason for PCB pulling its players from BPL, thats irrelevant. We should never have been blackmailed into this tour to begin with.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 10, 2012, 04:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

bhalo hoise, I want our players safety more than anything else,besides it's not like "we are going to eat Ajmol alive" again.
Old January 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
Cricket Sage

yeah no point risking life and limb to get innings defeats from the boringest and most over-achieving team in world cricket.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 10, 2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

BCB does not care for the safety and security of our players.

1. BCB sent players in Zimbabwe in such a gloomy political environment that even Cricinfo journalists could not reach the playground.
2. BCB sent players in Pakistan after SL players were attacked and no teams around the world agreed to play in Pakistan for security reasons.
3. Pakistan always uses BCB to prove that they have safety and security for other teams as well.

The blind BCB has someother agenda. May God save our boys.
Old January 10, 2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
bhalo hoise, I want our players safety more than anything else,besides it's not like "we are going to eat Ajmol alive" again.
Well said simon bhai..I wish I gave you a candy.
Old January 10, 2012, 04:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
Well said simon bhai..I wish I gave you a candy.
hajmola candy
Old January 10, 2012, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
hajmola candy
...this is naish and hillarious.
Old January 10, 2012, 06:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

I'm not really sure if our players will be in harms way by visiting Pak. It’s the lack distinction in our race and religion with [Pakistanies] that may help us not becoming a target. But then again who is willing to take the risk with their lives to prove that theory.

Last edited by kalpurush; January 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: Please careful with wording...
Old January 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I'm not really sure if our players will be in harms way by visiting Pak. It’s the lack distinction in our race and religion with [edit] that may help us not becoming a target. But then again who is willing to take the risk with their lives to prove that theory.
This is a post of wisdom. I am impressed.

Last edited by kalpurush; January 11, 2012 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Edited quote
Old January 10, 2012, 11:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Well this looks pretty bad, didn't Lotus secure a vote from Zake (the voting has been done right?) in exchange for a tour to Pakistan. Now if BCB backs out from this after securing a vote, it'll reflect poorly on us and our value of words.

Also at the bickering about PCB barring their players playing in our league; it is legitimate excuse, they have a big tour coming up against England and it would make sense not to let their players get injured or have a drastic change in their style after playing in some irrelevant T20 matches.