facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2015, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Bangladesh needs more A tours,the first class system not up 2 it.

Too many roads leading to inflated scores.

And Bangladesh need to play a higher grade of A or Academy side compared to whom they been playing.
They also need to tour more often then they have to get used to overseas conditions.

Old February 27, 2015, 03:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I remember way back ten years ago, Bangladesh A team playing in the West Indies first class league. And from the looks of it they were almost matched in strength to the West Indian teams. Looking forward to the future, A tours are necessary to strenghten morale and develop techniques. The prospect is good though...
Old February 27, 2015, 03:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

We will be just fine. Let the remaining 3 games come to pass, and the mood and theme of the forum will be dancing to another tune.
Old February 28, 2015, 02:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
We will be just fine. Let the remaining 3 games come to pass, and the mood and theme of the forum will be dancing to another tune.
Hope your optimism becomes true. But I believe A team tours doesn't have any conflict with this.

Does it?
Old February 28, 2015, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangla A maybe even Bangla side need to play S Africa A,India AmAussie A,so far they have been builing up their A averages on dregs,if they want to improve their test performance.Also the Academies of India,England,Australia and South Africa.
I am afraid these Bangladesh domestic players are playing on flat tracks,and in essence they are flat track bullies.
Bangladesh should have done this years ago,Ireland has played S Africa A and Australia,maybe why they are close to test cricket.
Yes they will beat Ireland in bangladesh in a 4 dayer at home,but will they win in Ireland or at a neutral venue.
Think you focussed just on the world cup,so far Bangladesh has beaten Afghanistan and had a point from a rained out draw.
Old February 28, 2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib , Mushfiqur

We supporters only can hope for the best for our team, but it's players job to turn our hope into reality, which they are not doing very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Old March 1, 2015, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend

I am not ruling out bangladesh for the world cup could go either way.Just not talking about it.

Bangladesh have a couple of good openers,but they are flat tracks,need high quality A series for them.How can Ireland get S Africa and Aussie A and Bangladesh can't.
From memory the recent A games against West Indies A who not very good,West Indian Academy and Zimbabwe A who are also not very good.
Also they have to go away from failed past Bangladeshi players to fit the A squad,Good chance for Taskin to get some overs in tho in 4 day games.
Old March 1, 2015, 02:09 PM
Cricket Guru

For associates, ICC sponsor them to tour full member countries, to play local teams over there. For us, the amount of money other boards ask for such a tour is just not reasonable. As far I know, BCB always accept any A-team tour invitation they get from fellow full members (whether touring or hosting).

Only thing they shy away is opportunity to play more against Associates.
Old March 1, 2015, 05:38 PM
Cricket Legend

A tour against Ireland would hardly go astray either the full team or an A squad.
Old March 2, 2015, 11:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Thats true... but after this WC, BCB need to clean the closet ... get rid of the expired goods and retool with goods of newer brands.
Old March 2, 2015, 11:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Thats true... but after this WC, BCB need to clean the closet ... get rid of the expired goods and retool with goods of newer brands.
Come on, giving up already?? World Cup is not over yet. Tamim might the the 5 player to score a Double Century in ODIs against Scotland. (Some sarcasm in my comment).
Old March 2, 2015, 07:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

We have not played a series in Australia since 2008 (that too- all the games were in Darwin), in NZ since 2010, in SA since 2008, in ENG since 2010, I can't even recall when we last toured in India, and we never played against Pakistan in their new home ground- UAE. This is exactly why we perform terribly when we go to play a WC or WT-20 in foreign conditions, that we haven't played in the last 5 years or so. If BCB doesn't want a repeat of 2003 WC, they must arrange more tours for Bangladesh and Bangladesh A team. The current Ireland team and Zimbabwe might be a good place to start
Old March 3, 2015, 05:46 PM
Cricket Legend

I don't see why Bangladesh can't budget for a tour to Australia just 2 get used to the conditions,play state,state 2nd xl,play AIS play the Australia A team.Its costly but its worth it,they had a Bangladesh A tour to England a few years back against counties and county 2nds,English lions have no matches this year too,Australia A touring India instead of England.
Old March 4, 2015, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Good first class cricket is bound to help. We all know the impact BPL had on the confidence of our players. Only issue is mismanagement and inability of BCB to run such competitions. If BPL helped so much being a T20 event, imagine what would happen if we had such competitive 50 over and first class matches.
Old March 4, 2015, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

I think 4 sides for bangladeshes' 4 day comp is enough and 6 for the one dayers.You want the best playing the best.Zimbabwe have 4 sides,afghanistan 5,and ireland 3,thats a more workeable model,concentration on spots will bring out the best.

Plus A tours are a step up from first class cricketmbut they have to play better sides than zimbabwe A,West Indies A,West indies Academy.
The 10 countries get 10 million a year as opposed to ireland and afghanistan who get 1.5 million.Scale down the comps and arrange tours against major sides,including a full irish squad.
Old March 4, 2015, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I think 6 FC teams for Bangladesh is good. We have a huge population and the popularity of cricket is on the rise. The standard is also improving, albeit, very slowly. BCL could be a short 4 sides affair.

I do agree that Bangladesh must have more A tour, especially, in Aus, NZ, SA and Britain. It is definitely worth playing Aus A or the academy as regularly as possible.

But, before that we must sort out our pitches at home. Put some grass on them. We must also have FC played home and away in all the places -not only in Dhaka. We must have quality qualified FC coaches and staffs for each team, too. This needs to be implemented without a delay. Cricket calender must be organized well in time!
Old March 5, 2015, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

With so few games for bangladesh,i think they and the A squad should subsidize the time visitting new countries and old.Really i gather the players are paid well,they should be made to earn their keep.Seems their is 6 months between each test and one day series.And the A players should be on wages and have a full year itinerry.
I mean bangladesh get 10 mill,where is the money going.
Yes i agree at the compromise of 6 sides for the ncl and and first class cricket.

Dunno if they will ever get the BPL off the ground again,at least not this year.