facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2015, 12:30 PM
Cricket Legend

I hope Mash is 100% fit for the England match.. Rubel is a hit & miss player and Taskin is still too young & raw to expect him to perform in pressure situation. We need 2-3 wickets in the first 15 overs for the spinners to take advantage.. Also, England's bowlers are much better than Scottish so cannot expect to chase a 300+ score again.

Old March 5, 2015, 05:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I would play just Mash + Taskin as seamers. Rubel is out of form. SS and Nasir can bowl seam if we need. Take extra spinners. If nothing else they will slow the scoring rate. We can chase 300 vs England.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 5, 2015, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
If Rubel bowls like below against the Scottish, why he should play gainst the Englisg?? He should not play the last two matches IMHO and replaced by Sunny / Taijul

Bowling O M R W Econ 0s 4s 6s
Mashrafe Mortaza 8 0 60 1 7.50 25 7 2 (1nb, 1w)
Shakib Al Hasan 10 0 46 1 4.60 31 1 2 (1w)
Taskin Ahmed 7 0 43 3 6.14 20 6 0 (2w)
Rubel Hossain 8 0 60 0 7.50 25 8 2 (1w)
Mahmudullah 5 0 29 0 5.80 15 2 1
Sabbir Rahman 7 0 47 1 6.71 13 3 1
Nasir Hossain 5 0 32 2 6.40 10 1 1
Rubel might have been poor but it was only against SL and Scots. The warm up game against Pak and the match against Afghanistan he bowled well so i still have faith in him. I feel Shafiul is a downgrade from Rubel because he is slower and his line and length can be very bad at times. At least Rubel brings that venom into the attack and also no point chopping and changing the bowling attack.
Old March 5, 2015, 09:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

1.Tamim
2.Sarkar
3.Riyad
4.Mushy
5.Shakib
6.Sabbir
7.Nasir
8.Mash
9.Arafat
10.Taijul
11.Taskin

if the wicket is same as mirpur. then we should consider to have aboved squad
Old March 6, 2015, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Rubel might have been poor but it was only against SL and Scots. The warm up game against Pak and the match against Afghanistan he bowled well so i still have faith in him. I feel Shafiul is a downgrade from Rubel because he is slower and his line and length can be very bad at times. At least Rubel brings that venom into the attack and also no point chopping and changing the bowling attack.
Kinda agree. Rubel should be in the team. Look we already have spinners in Mahmudullah, Nasir and Roman. So we can expect atleast 10 overs from them. Shakib has to bowl 10 overs. So we are left with Mash, Taskin and Rubel to fill the rest of the 30. I think this is where we need to rotate all those 3 and bring in an extra bowler to share the load and attack.

Well to sum it up:
1: Mash with his current fitness will give the most only for about 7
2: Taskin to bowl 10 overs
3: Rubel to bowl 10 overs, 8 under duress
4. Shakib 10. No argument there
5. Left with 35 overs. Mahmudullah should bowl atleast 5, if we have an extra spinner then we don't have to bowl Nasir/Roman and expect batsmen to get away with free hits. Question is probably then which one? Taijul or Sunny. Sunny is traditionally known more as a run container, which is what I like more. Taijul is known as a wicket taker, loops the ball more, but taking wickets can be really handy as well in this pitch that is bound to turn.

So, guys again. Tajiul or Sunny? We surely can't take both because comeon, we can't have 3 LSA bowlers in the team. That would be a tactical nightmere and I don't think the team management will do that anyways, thank god. Yah, I think I like Arafat Sunny more, if you look at his List A records, it's much much better. So he obviously knows how to bowl in pressure situation. And if we can keep one end tight, shakib and taskins will be able to take wickets easily.
Old March 6, 2015, 12:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Last time we crushed England in Sub Con conditions weren't by spin alone. Eng isn't NZ .. Keep the balance in both department, if you want to win
Old March 6, 2015, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

I'd go with Arafat. Taijul could crumble under pressure. Need exp Arafat also proven in ODIs Taijul still picked on his test and first class record. List A is nothing to go on about.

Taijul- Loop and more spin but unproven and newcomer.
Arafat- Accurate darts, good odi stats and exp.
Old March 6, 2015, 12:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Don't think bd management will experiment much to be honest. ONLY change would be Sunny/ Taijul ( probably sunny) in for an extra batsman or a pacer.
Old March 6, 2015, 01:19 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_TigerZ
I'd go with Arafat. Taijul could crumble under pressure. Need exp Arafat also proven in ODIs Taijul still picked on his test and first class record. List A is nothing to go on about.

Taijul- Loop and more spin but unproven and newcomer.
Arafat- Accurate darts, good odi stats and exp.
This is the perfect time to introduce Tajul. Eng is under pressure and Tajul has a surprise element. He is different than the rest of our spinners and he isn't someone Eng will be prepared for ... Best occasion to introduce a new upcoming bowler. I would go with Tajjul over Sunny in this situation....

Sunny is no Shakb, he won't get success by his little edge over experience but bowling like Shakib but with less intelligence than Shakib, Tajul has a better chance to succeed with his variations, urge etc for a number of other reasons.

Last edited by BANFAN; March 6, 2015 at 04:57 AM..
Old March 6, 2015, 01:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I think Taijul. Bowled very well against Ireland in the world cup warm up match wen i watched him at the ground. Adds the variety cos he bowls loopy. I like Arafat but his style of bowling is close to the likes of riyad, nasir and also arafat's bowling wouldn't be suited to these pitches. Taijul is different to everyone else.
Old March 6, 2015, 01:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

England have a very good batting line up and comparatively better than ours by some distance. Dont think they will be for once intimidated by our spin in Aussie conditions - even if its in Adelaide.

The only way we can restrict them (if bowling first) to a decent total is by excellent ground fielding and targeting their batsmen weaknesses.

Moeen ali is one batsman we can target early on in the innings. Its well documented he hates playing the short ball. He is always caught in two minds to leave or play it. Get Taskin to bowl a few deliveries targeting his chest at 140k's and then follow it up with a vicious yorker. The key is getting the line of the short ball and yorker length right. Easier said than done.