facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 7, 2005, 03:59 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default Strategy For 3rd Day.

Gang, thought I'd get the ball rolling on this one and see what the collective wisdom of this board comes up with.

My thoughts:

A tight (and yes I'm talking to u Mr. too-pumped-up-to-bowl straight Mortaza) and incisive opening spell by our pacers. 15 overs w/ 20-30 odd runs is the bare minimum. Anything like that 2nd morning in Chittagong where Masree nailed Tendu and blasted Dravid would be the higher end - in this case I want Masakadza and Taibu.

While they are at it, the pacers should also do a few overs around the wicket so as to create roughs for Enamul & Rafique.

At the end of 10-15 overs, we unleash the two SLAs. I'd like Enamul to keep flighting the ball and giving it a big rip. With Rafique keeping things tight with his fastish deliveries, that will encourage the inexperienced Zim batters to try and go over the top against Enam and put some catches up. Bashar has to get his field just right on this one.

As fer Rafique - same old same old - he has to be just himself, and the wickets will come.

Overall goal, dismiss them short of follow on target.

Now here's the main question

If we do get em short of the follow on target, but they are close enough, do we enforce it? Or we bat again and go for a quick 150 odd runs and then make them bat. I really would not like us to have to bat last in case Zim averts an innings defeat possibility.