facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 9, 2007, 04:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Default A Little Concern - Have they practiced in the same nets?

I would rather like to say I am curious than little concern .

As a batsman, I know it's much more easier to face a bowler in the match whom I already faced in practices. It gives you lot more confidence which is a very essential part of batting. Are the players of Asia XI practicing in the same nets? I would imagine, they are (as a unit). If so, then Mahela, Jaysuria and other SL players have already practiced against our top 2 bowlers - Mashrafi and Rafiq. They must learn the strength of our top two bowlers - specially what's their special deliveries, what is their weekness, how is their thinking etc. Now, one may argue that Mahela or Jaysuria already played big enough innings against these bowlers and they know exactly how these two bowlers are. Match and practice are completely two different stage and you face a bowler in the practice with less mental pressure. Practicing against our bowlers in the nets would definitely boost their confidence in batting in upcoming SL vs. BD serries.

On the other hand, if our bowlers are smart enough, I am sure they were also able to learn the weakest link of those classy batsmans by looking into them so closely in the nets. I am very much curious and looking forward to the fight between Mehela-Jaysuria Vs Mashrafi-Rafiq during upcoming serries .

Where I would like to take most of the possitives from this Afro-Asia serries, I would also like to invite your thoughts/comments on this issue. What do you think?