facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 28, 2007, 08:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar
Default Jamie Siddons accepts offer to become Bangladesh Coach

Australian cricket coach Jamie Siddons will arrive in Dhaka tomorrow, 29 October 2007, Monday to finalise his employment contract and have discussions with the Bangladesh Cricket Board relating to his new responsibilities as coach of Bangladesh, says a BCB media release.
In a message to the BCB Siddons said "I am thrilled to announce that I have accepted an offer from the BCB to coach the Bangladesh National Team."

Brief Profile
James Darren Siddons (born 25 April, 1964 in Robinvale, Victoria) is considered by many to be one of the finest batsmen in Australia's first class cricket competition, scoring over 11,500 runs in over 160 first class matches. This includes 35 hundreds and 53 half centuries. He also took 206 catches.
Siddons served Cricket Australia as Senior Coach and his last responsibility was as Assistant Coach of Australian National Cricket Team.
Siddons appeared in one One-Day International for Australia against Pakistan in 1988. A keen sportsman Siddons has also played Australian Rules football

বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট দলের নতুন কোচ জেমি সিডন্স। এর আগে তার সঙ্গে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের আলোচনা একরকম ভেস্তে গেলেও শেষপর্যন্ত নাটকীয়ভাবেই বাংলাদেশ দলের দায়িত্ব নিতে সম্মত হয়েছেন এই অস্ট্রেলিয়ান।

রোববার বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের এক সংবাদ বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে এই খবর জানিয়ে বলা হয়েছে, চুক্তি সংক্রান্ত আনুষ্ঠানিকতা সারতে এবং নতুন দায়িত্ব বুঝে নিতে সোমবারই ঢাকা আসছেন অস্ট্রেলিয়ান ক্রিকেট দলের সহকারী কোচের দায়িত্বে থাকা সিডন্স।

''আমি অত্যন্ত আনন্দের সঙ্গে জানাচ্ছি যে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের প্রস্তাব গ্রহন করে আমি বাংলাদেশ দলের দায়িত্ব নিচ্ছি''--- ক্রিকেট বোর্ডকে পাঠানো এক বার্তায় এভাবেই তার কোচ হওয়ার খবরটা নিশ্চিত করেছেন সিডন্স।

Ref : Tigercricket

Last edited by irteja; October 28, 2007 at 08:49 AM..

Old October 28, 2007, 08:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Jamie Siddons accepts offer to become Bangladesh Coach
TigerCricket.com Report, 28-October-2007

Australian cricket coach Jamie Siddons will arrive in Dhaka tomorrow, 29 October 2007, Monday to finalise his employment contract and have discussions with the Bangladesh Cricket Board relating to his new responsibilities as coach of Bangladesh, says a BCB media release.

In a message to the BCB Siddons said "I am thrilled to announce that I have accepted an offer from the BCB to coach the Bangladesh National Team."
News Link
Old October 28, 2007, 08:56 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Thanks to BCB for finally finding the appropriate person to coach bangladesh for the next few years.

Congratulations to Siddons and good luck for the future.

Kudos to BCB present and past committee who nominated Siddons for the job.
Old October 28, 2007, 09:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Finally, finally finally finally. Thanks BCB.

Siddons is, as far as I'm concerned, the perfect choice for the team at the moment. Congratulations to Siddons.

Lets all be happy about this decision, and not question why RM wasn't offered a job. It's important for us to understand that there could be a million reasons why RM hasn't become the coach.

The members must be happy now
Old October 28, 2007, 09:10 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Good news finally! Whatever BCB has done to reverse his decision.... kudos to that too! The team will surely get focussed and confident and be back on track very soon... best of luck to them also!
Old October 28, 2007, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Great news! Phew...What a relief!
Old October 28, 2007, 09:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Admins, Can We please have this Thread Sticky for next one week or so
Old October 28, 2007, 09:18 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Siddons is definitely a very good choice compared to the other names discussed before.

he was in the preliminary list of the previous BCB and I think current selection committe made a mess at the very beginning.

Thanks God, they have understood their mistake and approached him in a correct way.
Old October 28, 2007, 09:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Jamie Siddons Player profile

Full name James Darren Siddons
Born April 25, 1964, Robinvale, Victoria
Current age 43 years 186 days
Major teams Australia, South Australia, Victoria
Batting style Right-hand bat
Bowling style Legbreak googly
Other Coach

Jamie Siddons represented Australia only once at international level - he made 32 in a one-day match at Lahore in 1988 - but his involvement with the national team has increased substantially since his retirement. Siddons is an assistant coach of the Australian team after being appointed as a senior coach at the Centre of Excellence before the 2005 Ashes. Prior to his promotions, Siddons spent four years as the South Australia assistant under the tutelage of Wayne Phillips and Greg Chappell. The swift rise through the management ranks was set up by a career as one of the greatest domestic players never to win a Test cap.

Siddons' first-class statistics were outstanding and when he retired in 1999-2000 he had amassed 10,643 Sheffield Shield/Pura Cup runs, which was then a record. The mantle has since been passed to his former team-mate Darren Lehmann, but Siddons retains third position on the list behind Jamie Cox. He was desperately unlucky not to win a Test call and the closest he came was on the 1988 tour to Pakistan when he suffered a severe stomach bug - he took more than a year to recover. A fractured cheekbone caused by a Merv Hughes bouncer in 1991-92 also severely dented his confidence. "It ruined my chances of playing for Australia," Siddons said in Merv: The Full Story, "and it was my worst moment in sport."

Beginning his career in Victoria, Siddons made his debut in 1984-85 against West Indies, who were then at the peak of their powers, and he scored 35 before falling to a young Courtney Walsh. He was instrumental in securing the Sheffield Shield title in 1990-91, smashing an unbeaten 124 in the final against New South Wales at the MCG, and the following season relocated to South Australia. Showing he had recovered from the Hughes injury, he was the Sheffield Shield Player of the Year in 1992-93 after plundering 1190 runs at 66.11, including four centuries. The move also allowed Siddons to embrace a leadership role and he captained them to a Shield win in 1995-96. He led South Australia in 73 first-class matches, winning 21 times and drawing 23 games.

An exciting player, Siddons possessed an array of aggressive strokes that allowed him to dominate bowling attacks. His exuberance sometimes brought about his downfall, but he was a well-rounded batsman who was at ease to pace and spin. He scored three double-centuries during his stint with Victoria, including a career-high 245 for Victoria against New South Wales in 1990-91, and the closest he got to a double at South Australia was 197 against New South Wales in Sydney in 1992-93. An outstanding fielder at slip and on the offside, Siddons still has the record for the most catches in domestic first-class history with 189, the same number as John Inverarity. He was superb in the covers, but injury meant he spent most of his latter years in the cordon, and Lehmann reckoned he saw him drop only one catch. Siddons was also a talented Australian rules footballer who played two VFL games for Sydney in 1984, shortly before his first-class cricket career began.

Just like his switch to South Australia in the early 1990s, Siddons' move into the coaching ranks has been smooth. As he continues to gain experience there is the possibility of a more senior coaching position in the future. At the moment Siddons is enjoying a hands-on role with the Centre of Excellence and Australian international teams, which was something that eluded him during his playing days.
Old October 28, 2007, 09:24 AM
Test Cricketer

Old October 28, 2007, 09:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Absolutely delighted to have seen this piece of news at the top of the page as soon as I logged in.

Considering some of the names that we've been discussing of late, getting Siddons is an absolute coup.

He was, in my opinion, easily the greatest non-South African cricketer never to receive a Test cap and comes with pretty good billing as a promising young coach.

Once again, delighted and relieved.
Old October 28, 2007, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Shabash BCB !!!!! Great news and a very good choice I might add.
Old October 28, 2007, 09:34 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: SHAKIB AL HASAN

may be this is not the worst BCB management.
Thank god they found a coach before the NZ tour or else it would have been more than a nightmare......
Old October 28, 2007, 09:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

GREAT....................Finally.................. ....GREAT.................FINALY

Siddons is a great choice for us considering on the names we've heard of for the coaching post.

Congratulations and good luck to him. Hopefully Bangladesh will improve a lot with him!!!!!
Old October 28, 2007, 09:40 AM
Test Cricketer

বিসিবি, আমারে তুমি অশেষ করেছ এমনি লীলা তব...
Old October 28, 2007, 09:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Great news.
Congrats to both BCB for finally getting out of the mess.

and to Jamie Siddons,
Welcome to Bangladesh.
Wish you all the best, for you and for us alike.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 28, 2007, 09:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

josh hoiche..... atlast BCB took a great decision...thx
Old October 28, 2007, 10:01 AM
Test Cricketer

he was easily our best option. gilly think he is the best coach in the world. very good news ..indeed
Old October 28, 2007, 10:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Thanks BCB.
Old October 28, 2007, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Mashallah! Greatest news i have heard. finally our young lads will have young blood and new ideas. This should vastly improve their batting and fielding technique which we all know is not good at the moment. BCB did fulfill their promise to appoint a coach before the end of October and they delivered. I am so relieved.

He is young and talented, and this is what our young national players need, also someone to mould them into shape as quickly as possible before NZ tour.
Old October 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Just to share.

I was the first man to propose the name of Jamie Siddons as Bangladesh Coach on 20th April 2007.

Here is the link of that post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
My personal choice,

.................................................. ...
Jamie Siddons - Currently senior coach Commonwealth Bank Academy, Australia and Assistant Coach Australia National Team.

Works on rotation with fellow senior coach Dene Hills as Assistant Coach / Performance Analyst with the Australian team.

Served as Redbacks' assistant coach from 2002 to 2005, following an outstanding playing career during which he captained Victoria and South Australia.

Played 160 first-class matches for Victoria and South Australia between 1984-85 and1999-00 as a talented right-hand batsman, and his career runs in domestic first-class cricket (10,643) was for a time an Australian record.

At international level, he represented Australia in a one-day international against Pakistan in Lahore in 1988-89.
Old October 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Just to share.

I was the first man to propose the name of Jamie Siddons as Bangladesh Coach on 20th April 2007.

Here is the link of that post

Show off j/k
Old October 28, 2007, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

This is very good, this guy seems to had been an amazing FC player with that average and those amount of runs, he will do wonders with our batting line-up by introducing more technique, shot selection and temperament
Old October 28, 2007, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

What a great news!!!
Thanks BCB for appointing a good coach for our team.
Congrats Siddons and all the best for your new endeavour.
Old October 28, 2007, 10:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Delightful news! Many thanks to Mr. Siddons and BCB officials. We got who we wanted. Hope our boys will improve persistently under his guidance.