facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 8, 2009, 01:13 PM
Street Cricketer

Default suggestion from an Indian (let BCB request BCCI for BD players to participate in Indian Domestic Circuit)

don't start jumping on your seat because an Indian is giving you some neat advices...

First thing BD needs to do is to send BD club-level players to India to participate in local club level cricket. I think BD can have a chat with BCCI and some arrangements can be made to let them have one BD player in some Ranji State team. This way BD who can never have the same infra level as India can still reap benefits of its bigger neighbour.....

second the commercial contracts i mean the sponsors shd immediately send a threat to BCB that unless they pull up their socks... there will not be any more money ... to cricket.....

third the supporters shd start being a little level headed.....before raising a cricketer to the state of god ..or next Tendulkar.... !!

Bongs are emotional I know that because I am a bengali too.. we need to reign our emotions a bit..... and start thinking objectively....

Old June 8, 2009, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

probably I have to start defending my team sooner than I was expecting!
Old June 8, 2009, 01:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

How dare you Indian!!!

LOL. Just joking bro! Thanks for your kind gesture. But our royal Bengal BOLODS are beyond teachable. You might be able to teach a monkey the art of batting but not our boys! Would you mind if we send the very best of monkies we got in this countries instead of any chagols???

Seriously, Not only Ashraful has to be sacked from captraincy he needs to be kicked out off the team for at least one year. If he averages 65 plus in FC matches and 45 plus in the OD matches over a FULL season he could be considered again. I'm dead serious about this!!!

Last edited by BanCricFan; June 8, 2009 at 01:58 PM..
Old June 8, 2009, 01:29 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_fan_bd
probably I have to start defending my team sooner than I was expecting!
why ..? what was wrong with my suggestion..?
Old June 8, 2009, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Parthiv bro u dont kno dat our bcb-mans are 2 lazy 2 talk wid bcci.
Old June 8, 2009, 01:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Parthiv bro u dont kno dat our bcb-mans are 2 lazy 2 talk wid bcci. They probably need a dynamic chief as our futbol fed.
Old June 8, 2009, 01:36 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
Parthiv bro u dont kno dat our bcb-mans are 2 lazy 2 talk wid bcci.
stage a protest ..come down to the street and throw some stones.. to the cricketer's house and BCB committee member's house.shatter windscreens of their foreign cars....
thats the only language ppl from sub-continent understands... cant u see the turnaround by India after last world cup fiasco..???
Old June 8, 2009, 01:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Parthiv Patel Paaji thanks for your generous offer.
Old June 8, 2009, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

nice idea but is not going to work. soon a plan comes up someone will shout bad bcci and pull the plan down !!

and if a player plays poorly then be ready to listen to all kinds of conspiracy theories !
Old June 8, 2009, 01:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

they should, but they will be embarrased in the Indian domestic league as well. you just can't teach anything to these morons.
Old June 8, 2009, 01:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Playing Ranji can only help us, so I'm all for it. That said, BCB must make sure that Ranji participation in no way hampers further stagnation, nay retardation, of our FC cricket.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 8, 2009, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

@ sorry to say ur suggestion nt so much civilised. But strong media protest enough 2 axe them. It could a big lead news on frontpage
Old June 8, 2009, 01:49 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi_mc69
@ sorry to say ur suggestion nt so much civilised. But strong media protest enough 2 axe them. It could a big lead news on frontpage
provided you have a neutral media.. these days all media houses are bought by money and they can be used to drive public sentiments whatever the way political powers and BCB admin wants... u need outright rage...by coming down to the street... and showing the cricketer how much they meant to you guys and how they have lost that faith and love...
Old June 8, 2009, 01:50 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Playing Ranji can only help us, so I'm all for it. That said, BCB must make sure that Ranji participation in no way hampers further stagnation, nay retardation, of our FC cricket.
all the bunch of current indian cricketers played Ranji only before coming to national spotlight
Old June 8, 2009, 02:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi_In
stage a protest ..come down to the street and throw some stones.. to the cricketer's house and BCB committee member's house.shatter windscreens of their foreign cars....
thats the only language ppl from sub-continent understands... cant u see the turnaround by India after last world cup fiasco..???
I cann't stop laughing. It is true though..
\"As captain a lot of responsibility falls of Rashid Latif and he committed a serious offence by claiming that (unfair) catch which constitutes unfair play and a level-three offence of ICC code of conduct (offensive and penalties). Therefore, the Pakistani captain shall be banned for five one-day internationals,\" Procter
Old June 8, 2009, 02:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
provided you have a neutral media.. these days all media houses are bought by money and they can be used to drive public sentiments whatever the way political powers and BCB admin wants... u need outright rage...by coming down to the street... and showing the cricketer how much they meant to you guys and how they have lost that faith and love...
exactly, here at BC people think the way indian fans behave after losses is bad, but that betrays a strong wish to win and accept nothing less. and hey, it works !

good things happen to those who want it most !

if you want BD cricket to prosper, it's time to take to the streets of dhaka and ask for the heads of BCB officials !! some effigy burnings will do just as well !!
Old June 8, 2009, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

For the first time in my life, I'm starting to feel that the Indian way of protest might just be the best way of showing our frustration for these players. Our players really have been finding it all too easy at the moment.
Old June 8, 2009, 03:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
nice idea but is not going to work. soon a plan comes up someone will shout bad bcci and pull the plan down !!

and if a player plays poorly then be ready to listen to all kinds of conspiracy theories !
Right on.
we will start thinking what's there for BCCI? BCCI must want some thing, like natural gas or something......
Old June 8, 2009, 03:30 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
Right on.
we will start thinking what's there for BCCI? BCCI must want some thing, like natural gas or something......
ha ha ha .. yea..that's true.. there are some elements in bd society who for some reasons always find India's hand in anything which is not right in BD..these way by passing on the bucks to India actual culprits gets spared..
Old June 8, 2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
ha ha ha .. yea..that's true.. there are some elements in bd society who for some reasons always find India's hand in anything which is not right in BD..these way by passing on the bucks to India actual culprits gets spared..
Dont worry we have the coach to scapegoat every time as well.
Old June 10, 2009, 03:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

FIrst let BCB convince BCCI to grant a full series to be played India. When its done, Iam sure it will be counted as one the modern age miracle.
Old June 10, 2009, 06:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

who says bd who in the bd team is like tendu? please no one in BC says that... so...

Yeah good idea but i don't think BCCI will do that...

England lets scot and IR play county every year.
BCCI offered so far BCB to play one ranji trophy...

I think letting our players warming up the bench caused this down fall...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 10, 2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

i feel there is a problem with this. this is the attitude of BCCI towards bangladeshi players. they think we are absolute loosers. you tell me then. why in the 8 years since india helped us get the test status, we didn't tour india on a bi-latteral series?. this attitude needs to change. but i think some help has come, such as enamul haque playing for a ranji trophy team.
Old June 10, 2009, 09:23 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t697318
i feel there is a problem with this. this is the attitude of BCCI towards bangladeshi players. they think we are absolute loosers. you tell me then. why in the 8 years since india helped us get the test status, we didn't tour india on a bi-latteral series?. this attitude needs to change. but i think some help has come, such as enamul haque playing for a ranji trophy team.
see it has to be mutual... if one of your player plays well... it will automatically draw attention.. then again it is the problem of chicken and egg.. nevertheless letting play bilateral series has more to do with commercial interest than anything else.. if BCCI does not get proper sponsor .. it is tough to organize a series... don't tell me BD players do not get chance.. Mush got couple of matches for KKR in IPL where he failed miserably .. if he had done a little good ..collectively it would have drawn attention to rest of the BD talents... somewhere somehow u need to grab the opportunities that you get... ..

tali to ek hate bajbe na....
Old June 10, 2009, 09:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Do we really need to look to India for all those chances and opportunities such as IPL, ICL, Ranji etc. ? I mean how much was India's contribution in raising Srilanka's cricket. "We got real talents" - if that is true we can just rise from there with proper handling and keeping the pipeline safe and sound as Aussies. There might be certain vacuums for a season or two as Aussies currently missing Warne and McGrath. But the good gesture from BCB and right selection paradigm can keep up the dynamism which can save such intimidating defeats and help us continue the prosperity that we achieved during the DW/HB era.