facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 25, 2012, 12:45 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
We no more miss IPL: Pak players

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/we-no.../63210-13.html

^^ Shajeda Afar good name maney Bhalo nam ta ki?
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
unar naam Veejay na,etato purush der nam ,niche dekhen,Naim bhai abar shob mukhosto rakhse :p

wth? Munmun is far better, she was the host on BPL's opening ceremony, her bangla is not banglish & English is more appropriate and classy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
The highlight was: How finally a new face of Sajida carried herself appropriatly, spoke the right english and correct bengali together ( unlike the so called FM DJs) and also the co-operation from the teams that made the first BPL seemed well orchestrated one

The lowlight was: That modon auctioneers... one was constantly saying the 'Ruppes' and the other was limited with ' yes, sir, can I sir?, thank you sir';
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
what are saying dhakablues bha? sajida SUCKED BIG TIME!! she kept saying the wrong names! ki stuppid! have a host who has minimum cricket knowledge. i doubt if she knows any bd cricketer except shakib and any other cricketer except afridi! bimbo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_1_primeval_man
^^ True, Sajida was somewhat clueless with the player's names, but she was reasonably well-spoken and pretty attractive. Isn't that what T20 is all about? I wud be waiting to see her again in BPL.
I didn't really follow the BPL auction but Facebook and some of the BPL YouTube videos tell me that I know this Sajeda! (As an acquaintance) She is a nice person and is a model for Aarong, Ice Today, etc and an RJ on Radio Foorti. But yes, she's new to cricket. Also, I dunno how her English came across in the auction but from what I know, she's perfectly fluent.

Old January 25, 2012, 02:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
^^ True, Sajida was somewhat clueless with the player's names, but she was reasonably well-spoken and pretty attractive. Isn't that what T20 is all about? I wud be waiting to see her again in BPL.
minimum cricketer bepare knowledge thakao is important.
Old January 25, 2012, 02:25 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^^ But why is it so important for a presenter or an MC to be intimately familiar with cricket? Ryan Seacrest, the presenter of American Idol, is not expected to know anything about music and Ant and Dec, the presenters of Britain's Got Talent, are not expected to have talent. They just smile, introduce new acts and make small talk. That's their role I suppose.
Old January 25, 2012, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

You'd think she'd at least get the names right though. Ryan Seacrest never had that problem.
Old January 25, 2012, 05:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Not to be a chauvenist,, but rarely do we have any female presenters know cricket that well ( please don't mention Mandira Bedi)...

And for Sajida, she seemed intelligent, witty and was able to carry the conversation. It was evident that she didnt know much about the cricketers ( like asking Nafees about his beard/look as if that's new) but there werent too many awkard moment when she was presenting. She was not just pretty face just reading out written scripts like other presenters often does..I was just impressed by the quality of Sajida's presentation despite lack of her knowledge of who were the cricketers..
Old January 25, 2012, 06:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash
Cool I dedicate this video to these three gentlemen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
We no more miss IPL: Pak players

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/we-no.../63210-13.html

^^ Shajeda Afar good name maney Bhalo nam ta ki?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
The highlight was: How finally a new face of Sajida carried herself appropriatly, spoke the right english and correct bengali together ( unlike the so called FM DJs) and also the co-operation from the teams that made the first BPL seemed well orchestrated one

The lowlight was: That modon auctioneers... one was constantly saying the 'Ruppes' and the other was limited with ' yes, sir, can I sir?, thank you sir';
Quote:
Shajeda apa used to be a vj for a musical program called "Music Jamz" on nTV for long time after Tishma retired
Old January 26, 2012, 01:36 AM
Cricket Savant

for what it's worth, here's my two cents:

There are other ways to look classy and appealing without sleeveless dress. Culturally we are conservative and jholmole shobuj hatkata jama reflects poor choice (p'aps wardrobe dept. to be blamed?)

She does speak good English but no need to be wannabe-Bollywood or Radio Foorti like RJ. (here comes chinaman_f)

So Salwar Kameez would've represented BD culture well and shown artistic taste instead of Western clothes.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 26, 2012, 02:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
for what it's worth, here's my two cents:

There are other ways to look classy and appealing without sleeveless dress. Culturally we are conservative and jholmole shobuj hatkata jama reflects poor choice (p'aps wardrobe dept. to be blamed?)

She does speak good English but no need to be wannabe-Bollywood or Radio Foorti like RJ. (here comes chinaman_f)

So Salwar Kameez would've represented BD culture well and shown artistic taste instead of Western clothes.
Salwar Kameez is no more Bengladeshi 'culture' than Western dress. Mind you, I would have pegged you to be the last one to have criticized someone for their choice of dress. Yes, she spoke well both in English and Bengali but my quibble was with the fact that she spoke BOTH in the same sentence. And when she DID speak Bengali, the use of 'tumi' to address the players was a bit crass and inconsonant. While she did have a personality and tried to bring some energy into a morose group, it would have been better had they chosen someone who knew the rudiments of cricket or was at least familiar with the athletes present.
Old January 26, 2012, 05:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Shajeda apa used to be a vj for a musical program called "Music Jamz" on nTV for long time after Tishma retired
Thanks Simon, you are a legend. But she definitely looked a little different on the auction to what you have shared.
Old January 26, 2012, 06:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Thanks Simon, you are a legend. But she definitely looked a little different on the auction to what you have shared.
welcome but are you having doubts cause I'm damn sure it's her,forget the look just listen to the voice,her english and banglish,u will get it.
Old January 26, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Quote:
welcome but are you having doubts cause I'm damn sure it's her,forget the look just listen to the voice,her english and banglish,u will get it.
That is definitely her...

I agree with the Zs'... I wouldve wanted to see people representing their culture more than trying to act more western. Her green sleeveless was a bit tacky indeed. But I noticed, unless they are at Dhaka University or public colleges, that the younger generation in Bangladesh do wear these types of clothes everyday.

Back to cricket,,,, I am excited that the BPL is becoming a monster of itself in such a short timespan. Having world class coaches and players coming to play and coach cricket for 4-5 weeks is really a great boost for our cricket. Albeit, this is all for money and T20 but the real outcome is when BCB uses this opportunity to invest in more cricket infrastructure. As long as they dont become too greedy like BCCI, they will benefit from BPL. I am atleast happy for the local players who will get substantial amount of money to do what they love doing, be it a star player of Riad or an relatively unknown player of Rumman. Hindisght, that was the highlight of the auction..